What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

5 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

From the Fallon show:

I don't know how I missed this last night. Thanks for posting it here. 

10 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I don't know how I missed this last night. Thanks for posting it here. 

Welcome...I thought it was pretty well done by Phil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

From the Fallon show:

Awesome! thank you! It's great to see Phil doing shows again like this and at the US open.:cool:

I watched Vertigo again recently and don't really know what to make of it, it's a strange movie. I loved Bernard Hermann's score though.

5 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I watched Vertigo again recently and don't really know what to make of it, it's a strange movie. I loved Bernard Hermann's score though.

I didn't like Vertigo at all. Infact I hated it. I know there will be people here who love it and they'll be annoyed by me saying that but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

It was slow, boring, overlong, uninteresting and unentertaining. Jimmy Stewart's character was a creepy weirdo and a stalker who needed psychiatric help. The murder plot was ridiculous and made absolutely no sense. Stewart looked he was Novak's grandfather and that just didn't work. Just because it was a personal film for Hitchcock doesn't mean it was good

I'm utterly baffled how it was recently voted the greatest film ever made. I can name a ton of films better than Vertigo. I think to say Vertigo is better than The Godfather Part II is absurd. I don't know why Scorsese thinks so highly of Vertigo. He also likes Exorcist II: The Heretic...

Body Double was very influenced by Vertigo and Rear Window but, to be honest, I think DePalma did those better than Hitchcock did.

One Hitchcock film I did like was Rope. I thought that was a good film.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

I didn't like Vertigo at all. Infact I hated it. I know there will be people here who love it and they'll be annoyed by me saying that but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I didn't hate the film but it was perplexing how something so bizarre was even made during that period, let alone it being considered one of the greatest films of all time. The whole thing was just alien to me.

Seeing 1950s San Francisco in colour was probably the most enjoyable thing about the film, seeing all the cool locations as Jimmy Stewart was tailing Novak (in plain sight might I add:(), Hermann's score is brilliant and is probably one of the reasons why the film is so revered.

Then we get the twist ending 3/4s of the way through the story, telling us that Judy and Madeleine are the same person..and then the rest of the film is about Scottie trying to mold Judy into the chick he became infatuated with, not realising it's the same chick. The whole movie felt like you were eavesdropping on a conversation that was in a foreign tongue and their voices were unintelligible to you.

Oh and I loved Rope too, cool movie. (Sorry for turning the music topic into a review guys):D

----

Edited by Vincent Hanna

4 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

I didn't hate the film but it was perplexing how something so bizarre was even made during that period, let alone it being considered one of the greatest films of all time. The whole thing was just alien to me.

Seeing 1950s San Francisco in colour was probably the most enjoyable thing about the film, seeing all the cool locations as Jimmy Stewart was tailing Novak (in plain sight might I add:(), Hermann's score is brilliant and is probably one of the reasons why the film is so revered.

Then we get the twist ending 3/4s of the way through the story, telling us that Judy and Madeleine are the same person..and then the rest of the film is about Scottie trying to mold Judy into the chick he became infatuated with, not realising it's the same chick. The whole movie felt like you were eavesdropping on a conversation that was in a foreign tongue and their voices were unintelligible to you.

Oh and I loved Rope too, cool movie. (Sorry for turning the music topic into a review guys):D

----

some great movies and tunes there 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

I don't think this song has ever been more relevant than now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3YcZ233MIs

Always has been, and always will be relevant. For as long as governments, leaders, kings exist, there will always be war. And they always start the same way. Kings, presidents, governments, Rothschild... The men in the shadows.

9 hours ago, James said:

That's brilliant. :)

I can't say how relieved I am that the FBI have reopened their investigation. Hopefully they'll throw Killary in prison, where she belongs. 

This is what will happen if Killary becomes president:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQz91Cx0Ato

It must never be allowed happen. I'm no fan of Trump too though.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

I can't say how relieved I am that the FBI have reopened their investigation. Hopefully they'll throw Killary in prison, where she belongs. 

This is what will happen if Killary becomes president:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQz91Cx0Ato

It must never be allowed happen. I'm no fan of Trump too though.

Hopefully for the USA's sake, both Hitlary Cliton and Donald Dump get arrested... 

On 10/27/2016 at 4:29 AM, Tommy Vercetti said:

It was slow, boring, overlong, uninteresting and unentertaining. Jimmy Stewart's character was a creepy weirdo and a stalker who needed psychiatric help. The murder plot was ridiculous and made absolutely no sense. Stewart looked he was Novak's grandfather and that just didn't work. Just because it was a personal film for Hitchcock doesn't mean it was good

I'm utterly baffled how it was recently voted the greatest film ever made. I can name a ton of films better than Vertigo. I think to say Vertigo is better than The Godfather Part II is absurd. I don't know why Scorsese thinks so highly of Vertigo. He also likes Exorcist II: The Heretic...

Body Double was very influenced by Vertigo and Rear Window but, to be honest, I think DePalma did those better than Hitchcock did.

One Hitchcock film I did like was Rope. I thought that was a good film.

Never been a big fan of Vertigo either. I've revisited it a couple of times and outside of the location and fairly accurate depiction of acrophobia it's just not an altogether great film in my opinion. Body Double I prefer far more and rank as one of the finest films of the eighties.

On topic, I'm currently listening to the soundtrack to The Neon Demon. Particularly this one.

Filmed in Miami like a lot of Pitbull's music videos.  Lots of eyecandy, quick Miami scenes, and a view of the new tunnel below the bay connecting Dodge Island with the causeway.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Filmed in Miami like a lot of Pitbull's music videos.  Lots of eyecandy, quick Miami scenes, and a view of the new tunnel below the bay connecting Dodge Island with the causeway.

My ears are bleeding... 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Getting into the Halloween spirit with some Creepshow, among other Psychobilly artists.

"Halloween... the festival of Samhain! The last great one took place three thousand years ago, when the hills ran red... with the blood of animals and children." - Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

"You play a good game boy, but the game is finished, now you die." - Phantasm (1979)

Edited by ArtieRollins

11 hours ago, James said:

Getting into the Halloween spirit with some Creepshow, among other Psychobilly artists.

Befitting for this holiday !