What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

One of many bands of the Italo Disco movement of the early 80s, which was marked by danceable hedonistic synth music. The phenomenon was mostly limited to Europe, I don't think its bands ever broke the North American market...

This was also a popular Italo Disco song:

This song was sampled by George Michael for his track "Fastlove", and of course by Will Smith for "Men In Black". Patrice Rushen went on to become a prolific songwriter in the 80s.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

Yeah it's pretty cool sometimes to find out where song elements have their roots.

I think  the Fat Larry's Band song's bassline and break beats are just as iconic. It shares its DNA with Help Is On The Way by The Whatnauts

and "Ring Ring ring" by De La Soul

I just  love old school stuff like that... :cool:

• Like 1

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Oh wow, James! You're a young'n! 

Yeah, I'm only 22 lol. I would've been 9 when that particular song came out.

This one came out in 1999, when I was 5. 

• Like 3

I used to listen to Dido back in the days, when I was a teenager. Great songs!

Another one I think is great of her too is "Life for rent"

Edited by summer84

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I used to listen to Dido back in the days, when I was a teenager. Great songs!

Another one I think is great of her too is "Life for rent"

Yeah, somewhat underrated as an artist, I must say. I love her music too, they have great smooth vibes to them. 

Now for something completely different. 

• Like 1

I remember a lot of these songs of the 90's and forward. This song I remember being played in school. Basically all of the songs that were popular at the time, which were also played a lot on MTV.  :radio:

• Like 1

I used to love Evanescence... Amy Lee was smoking hot back in those days... :thumbsup:

Here's a pretty powerful song I discovered just the other day... pretty awesome Supremes cover...

I can only imagine that this is what people got high to in 1968... :)

Edited by Daytona74

5 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

I used to love Evanescence... Amy Lee was smoking hot back in those days... :thumbsup:

Here's a pretty powerful song I discovered just the other day... pretty awesome Supremes cover...

I can only imagine that this is what people got high to in 1968... :)

Most people didn't get high in 1968.....I was 25 yrs. old, married a year, working and listened to good music which I played at weddings with my band. We played Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, even Beatles & Elvis. Had a drink or two but never needed to get high. We're Still the same, today!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tony D.:

Most people didn't get high in 1968.....I was 25 yrs. old, married a year, working and listened to good music which I played at weddings with my band. We played Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, even Beatles & Elvis. Had a drink or two but never needed to get high. We're Still the same, today!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anybody. It was purely meant as a joke...:(

If you were 25 in 1968, then that makes you pretty exactly my parents' generation. Who, by the way, also didn't take drugs because like most people, they were too busy providing a decent home for us kids to grow up ;)

Aaanyway... here's another great song. I've always wondered why they never put "Mama" by Genesis in an episode of "Vice". Would have been perfect for one of the darker, more cynical episodes...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Aaanyway... here's another great song. I've always wondered why they never put "Mama" by Genesis in an episode of "Vice". Would have been perfect for one of the darker, more cynical episodes...

YES! One of the most MV songs EVER!!!

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

YES! One of the most MV songs EVER!!!

It did make a prominent appearance in an episode of Magnum PI.  I think Magnum was copying some success elements of Vice in that ep.