What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

This definitely has Jan Hammer's signature; the way the guitar riffs just "pop out of the speakers" is very similar to his work on The Complete Collection.

Also, this is my ringtone; I've had other ringtones in the last two years, but somehow, I always come back to "Made For Each Other".

I extracted the section from 0:28 to 0:54 from this clip, sped it up by about two to three percent, and added some bass to it to make it sound better  on my dinky Samsung smartphone speaker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

This definitely has Jan Hammer's signature; the way the guitar riffs just "pop out of the speakers" is very similar to his work on The Complete Collection.

Also, this is my ringtone; I've had other ringtones in the last two years, but somehow, I always come back to "Made For Each Other".

I extracted the section from 0:28 to 0:54 from this clip, sped it up by about two to three percent, and added some bass to it to make it sound better  on my dinky Samsung smartphone speaker.

Awesome guitar riff and music video tribute. I've heard the music before, but had forgotten about it. Gotta add this to my playlist! Especially like the guitar sound beginning at 0:20 and 2:00. 

Edited by summer84

Must have taken absolute ages getting all the footage together for it... somebody had a lot of time on their hands to sift through four seasons worth of episodes... :) (I'm not sure I saw any clips from season 5 in it).

EDIT : so what have we got... Brother's Keeper, Yankee Dollar, Definitely Miami, Contempt of Court, Amen... Send Money, Hit List/Calderone's Demise, Bushido, Bought and Paid For, and Tale Of The Goat, Heart of Darkness, Prodigal Son, and Back In The World... did I forget any? :)

Edited by Daytona74

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

Must have taken absolute ages getting all the footage together for it... somebody had a lot of time on their hands to sift through four seasons worth of episodes... :) (I'm not sure I saw any clips from season 5 in it).

EDIT : so what have we got... Brother's Keeper, Yankee Dollar, Definitely Miami, Contempt of Court, Amen... Send Money, Hit List/Calderone's Demise, Bushido, Bought and Paid For, and Tale Of The Goat, Heart of Darkness, Prodigal Son, and Back In The World... did I forget any? :)

Maybe, he wasn't a fan of S5. :)   I don't know...

According to the guy YouTube channel "Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, is a Grammy nominated and multi platinum producer, musician, and composer."

Edit: This was a collaboration with Jan Hammer, so that must be the reason for not including any S5 clips.

Edited by summer84

vor 13 Minuten schrieb summer84:

Maybe, he wasn't a fan of S5. :)   I don't know...

According to the guy YouTube channel "Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, is a Grammy nominated and multi platinum producer, musician, and composer."

Well my guess just now was that maybe season 5 wasn't out on DVD in 2010 when this track came out... but apparently, according to Amazon, season 5 has been available on DVD since 2008...

Edited by Daytona74

If you were truly an 80s kid, there's a high probability that you spent countless nights after homework playing on your Commodore C64, and especially games like International Karate.

This is the music to it. Originally composed by Rob Hubbard, who was kind of the Jan Hammer of the 80s C64 gaming world. He did many other game scores as well.

This is just a cover version by somebody else, but I think it sounds pretty amazing. Listen to it on your home hi fi system and you will know what I mean ;)

• Like 1

The song with Jermaine Stewart always reminds me of this, where the band used the hook from the original song.

Both catchy songs, but the original sounds better.

Edited by summer84

Without exaggeration one of my top ten all time favorite pieces of 1980s music.

I think the best part is the gloomy sounding guitar solo from 1:17. There's nothing like driving through dark rainy downtown traffic at night to that.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Without exaggeration one of my top ten all time favorite pieces of 1980s music.

I think the best part is the gloomy sounding guitar solo from 1:17. There's nothing like driving through dark rainy downtown traffic at night to that.

Great song! 

On 11/6/2016 at 9:26 PM, summer84 said:

The song with Jermaine Stewart always reminds me of this, where the band used the hook from the original song.

Both catchy songs, but the original sounds better.

Great song ! Thanks for posting :D:D