What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Pretty claustrophobic song and video... this was at the beginning of Depeche Mode's darkest phase, where lots of personal issues between band members arose and singer David Gahan nearly died from a drug overdose. It took the band until the late 90s to recover from all that.

Edited by Daytona74

8 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Kind of a weird song... and a weird video...

When this song came out, I was spending ten days in hospital, and this song was on MTV ten times a day. :)

Only great artists can make great songs in odd time signatures (like this 7/4), and Radiohead does it as good as it can be done. Great song from one of the greatest albums of all time!!!

Great great great :) 

22 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

That purple guitar must have been specially made for him.  I wonder what brand it is?

17 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Kind of a weird song... and a weird video...

When this song came out, I was spending ten days in hospital, and this song was on MTV ten times a day. :)

I could only suffer through half of this song & video .......it's not only weird & disgusting  but very amateurish!

There would never have been a Disneyland if Walt Disney made cartoons like this!  :p :thumbsdown:

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Tony D.:

I could only suffer through half of this song & video .......it's not only weird & disgusting  but very amateurish!

There would never have been a Disneyland if Walt Disney made cartoons like this!  :p :thumbsdown:

Yeah, it's all slightly on the weird side. Radiohead has always been kind of an acquired taste. Even among Indie bands.

Here's one of their more "straightforward" songs:

45 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

They refuse to do this song live anymore :) 

It's the only one everybody likes, and the only one the band hates ha

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

They refuse to do this song live anymore :) 

It's the only one everybody likes, and the only one the band hates ha

yeah I'll bet they also hate every penny of the money they've earned with it... :)

I really love this song here:

This is what I like to listen to when I take my car for a spin through the hills, near where I live :cool:

And this song is right behind it in that playlist:

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

Let's not forget THE classic then:

One of my friends told me that her little daughter, back in those days, was always terrified when that video was playing on TV... well, that guy does kinda look scary... :)

4 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Yeah, it's all slightly on the weird side. Radiohead has always been kind of an acquired taste. Even among Indie bands.

Much better than the other one. Started out good.... then devolved from there. ;)

As a Frank Sinatra fan, I can't even imagine him singing those lyrics or melody.

I'm too old for this Topic! ;(

13 hours ago, James said:

The lyrics are simply a work of art........and the music brings back memories of when I had to work in the power room at New York Tel. :wuerg:

@ Tony D:

What do you think of this then? ;)

Mike Flowers Pops are a British easy listening band which made itself a name in the 1990s for covering famous songs with lots of deliberate irony.

Kudos to them for pulling off this one with a straight face... :thumbsup:

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1