What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

hmmm...  whosampled.com only lists 280 songs for "Nautilus", compared to the 1345 for "Funky Drummer"...

http://www.whosampled.com/Bob-James/Nautilus/

I love that site... it's a real treasure trove for finding out song connections... although it's sometimes disappointing when you realize that that one track you love is actually structured around somebody else's samples... :)

Which is why I genuinely love songs like "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk. All original material, and the funk guitar played by the legendary Nile Rodgers... :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Oops :) 

Thanks for the info!

Yeah that whole Daft Punk album is amazing! Also, my man Nathan East killing the bass (as seen on Phil Collins' recent "In The Air Tonight" U. S. Open performance). 

Edited by Dadrian

I really like tracks like this one on the Tron:Legacy soundtrack album:

Disappointing movie, but one of the best instrumental soundtracks of the last few years :thumbsup:

Saw this the other day though, and thougt it was hilarious...

:)

• Like 1

• Administrators

Heard this on a local radio station I like to listen to who play a lot of 20's - 50's jazz style music.

• Administrators
On 16/12/2016 at 4:46 AM, summer84 said:

Scrolling down twitter page, what caught my eye was the image, as I currently have that exact one for my YouTube channel. Then I listened to his music and really liked it. Cool sound by this guy! I'll check out rest of the album you posted. Just curious, where is the intro dialogue from?

I don't know why I didn't click before, but I think the dialogue might be from Taxi Driver. Though I haven't seen that movie in a while so I'm not 100% sure.

14 hours ago, James said:

I don't know why I didn't click before, but I think the dialogue might be from Taxi Driver. Though I haven't seen that movie in a while so I'm not 100% sure.

Can't recall if the dialogue was in that movie... I've only seen it a few times long ago. Thanks anyway.  

21 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Wow!  I haven't heard that song in decades.  Listening to it brought back wonderful childhood memories.  Thanks Daytona74!  :thumbsup:

• Administrators
7 hours ago, summer84 said:

Can't recall if the dialogue was in that movie... I've only seen it a few times long ago. Thanks anyway.  

Just trying to help. Someone said that it might be Taxi Driver, so... 

7 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

After Lady Gaga's musical collaboration with Tony Bennett, (which I thought was an odd duo to team up) :) and a dramatic transformation in appearance going for the 70's style look, I must say, that I didn't expect her to release a new album here in 2016. She has a lot of catchy dance songs of the late 00's. To mention a few and most famous singles, "Just Dance," "Poker Face," "Bad Romance," "Alejandro," "Telephone ft. Beyonce" etc. First time I heard and saw her performance on television was with that song "Just Dance." I really liked it, but never thought Lady Gaga would turn out to become a major star, the way she did. Could probably go on... Since this is a music thread:

I think, I'm more a fan of appealing tunes than the artist herself. :p :) If it sounds good...

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 25/12/2016 at 1:12 AM, summer84 said:

I remember this song from when I was a teen.  :dance2::dance:

From when I was around 7. I just rediscovered this song last week. <3

2001 right?

---
I'm listening to

• Like 1