What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

13 hours ago, James said:

From when I was around 7. I just rediscovered this song last week. <3

2001 right?

---
I'm listening to

Yeah. At the time Mary J. Blige's song was recorded, I was 11. I miss it, when they used to make this kind of music and videos.

• Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yeah. At the time Mary J. Blige's song was recorded, I was 11. I miss it, when they used to make this kind of music and videos.

I miss it too. But I'm glad I was around to experience it. They just don't make music and videos like that anymore.

Almost every music video you see today has girls dancing in bikinis... Why? 

• Like 1

One of the best synth ballads of the mid-80s, and definitely among the top five best songs of the entire year 1986. :thumbsup:

If this song sounds vaguely familiar to you, then you've probably heard it sampled on Will Smith's "Men In Black" or George Michael's "Fastlove". ;)

Patrice Rushen wrote this song herself and went on to become a successful songwriter for other people in the 80s.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

I think the bass player (Ready Freddie Washington) also received writing credit on that--and rightly so--one of the most iconic bass tracks ever. 

7 hours ago, Dadrian said:

4 hours ago, James said:

Showed identical videos till I quoted ?( ever happened to anyone else??

Edited by Dadrian

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Showed identical videos till I quoted ?( ever happened to anyone else??

It did occur one time on page 80 with Matt quoting my post, which showed up twice. But maybe, that wasn't what you were referring to? 

Edited by summer84

any Alice Cooper fans on this forum? :thumbsup:

I really love his older stuff from the 70s. This is probably my all time favorite Alice song.

I saw him live in 1998. Smallish venue, 2000 people maybe, but boy was he having a party on stage. And lots of coffins, wheelchairs, fake blood, you name it. Very theatrical and highly entertaining.

If you ever get a chance to see him live, don't miss it. Best concert I ever went to.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

On 12.12.2016 at 6:22 AM, James said:

I love this song...

Such a classy song/video, pure art compared to music videos nowdays. The whole Night and Day (1982) is a great tribute to the big Apple. One of the best new wave albums of the early 80s. 

• Administrators

I listen to this every NYE. Good song to get hyped. 

2:30 AM here now though, so it's 2017. Happy New Year.  Where'd the years go? We're almost at the end of this decade already.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb James:

2:30 AM here now though, so it's 2017. Happy New Year.  Where'd the years go? We're almost at the end of this decade already.

In that case, happy new year to you...

;)

It's only 6:25pm here, so we've still got all the revelry ahead of us. I am about to go to a friend's where we will be celebrating with a few people.

Btw, you guys are great on this forum. Coolest place on the web to celebrate 80s culture... hoping to spend lots more time on here next year... :thumbsup:

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

Just drove home with this blaring over the 8-channel Bose system in my car to keep me awake... :)

The perfect soundtrack to empty city streets at night in the dark... :thumbsup:

The drawn out synth bass on that track really packs a punch, especially because the previous owner replaced the factory Bose rear shelf fillers with proper 6.5'' Pioneer fiberglass bass cones. Very dry and transparent bass. I can only imagine that the Bose fillers were a disappointment, as they usually are. I drive a sedan, so the Pioneer speakers have the whole trunk for resonance. :radio: No subwoofer needed...

@Dadrian: do you have a high bitrate MP3 of that track that I could download? I got my file off Youtube and it's a bit "hissy" on the hihats.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

I will PM you my email address. The drum sounds were sampled directly from the DVD, and those are 8 bit samples from the Fairlight, so it may not get any better. 

Cool that my work made it into someone's New Years Eve :thumbsup: