What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Lol, I do remember Waltzing Matilda from childhood and for some odd reason, I always liked it. :birdie: 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

44 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

one of the most beautiful songs of the entire 1960s... just all around beautiful... :thumbsup:

Did you see PS perform this song recently on Austin City Limits? Just incredible!

Edited by Dadrian

vor einer Stunde schrieb Dadrian:

Did you see PS perform this song recently on Austin City Limits? Just incredible!

No, I didn't catch that. But I'm sure it was great :thumbsup:

How about some Green Day.

Kind of a shame that this song got totally played to death on the radio. It's really one of their best IMO.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

Kind of a shame that this song got totally played to death on the radio. It's really one of their best IMO.

Definitely their best song! I remember back, when Green Day was constantly played on the music channels. :radio:

vor 35 Minuten schrieb summer84:

Definitely their best song! I remember back, when Green Day was constantly played on the music channels. :radio:

yeah, like "Basket Case"... always reminds me of my wild partying days :)

speaking of wild partying days... from the same era... "Zombie" by the Cranberries... 

ah, good times they were... picture this song being played in a dilapidated, poorly lit, former warehouse-type club in 1994 that smelled of stale beer and smoke and where the bartenders were college girls with half a dozen earrings in each ear or guys with tattoos and Jack Daniels T-shirts... and with speakers stacked eight feet high on both ends of the dance floor... that's where I used to hang out on weekends back then...

Kids these days have no idea... :cool:

Edited by Daytona74

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Dammnnn, the nostalgia. <3

Back when radio played good music.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Time has a way of making things better than what they were, too. 

That's true. As I like to say - Music is like alcohol, it gets better with age.

Speaking of nostalgia... ;)

Freddie Mercury's final video performance. This was filmed almost exactly six months before his death.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

Besides a smoking hot Kylie Minogue, this clip features a DeTomaso Mangusta, which was effectively the predecessor of the Pantera that was used for the Testarossa stunt car on MV... :thumbsup:

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

Kylie Minogue has some great songs. Listened to her music a lot. This one was my favorite song, when I was a kid. 

If I remember correctly it was written by Paula Abdul. 

• Like 1

On 22.1.2017 at 2:08 PM, Daytona74 said:

Kylie Minogue is deservedly the Princess of Pop... :thumbsup:

I wish she would continue her vampy/rock-chick image a bit further in the late 90s but on the other hand, the retro-disco/dance sound in the early 00s payed off very well in the end.