What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Here's PE's Burn Hollywood Burn in honour of all the moron Hollywood stars bitching and moaning about Trump while being perfectly fine with Obomba and Killary destroying the planet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM-PNrZfiU8

Hollywood sucks now anyway. There have been no good movies made in the 21st Century at all so Hollywood can f..k right off

Edited by Tommy Vercetti

16 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Perhaps Phil Collins's best ballad:

I understand the movie by the same name wasn't so great. Never seen it myself though.

I love this song, and I loved the movie. I won't spoil it for you, but there are some elements I think you would at least appreciate bc you are a MV fan. 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

I love this song, and I loved the movie. I won't spoil it for you, but there are some elements I think you would at least appreciate bc you are a MV fan. 

well I guess from the shots in the music video, at least it's got palm trees in it... ;):)

Anybody remember this? :p

A bit like Vanilla Ice after a bong hit... :) suburban white middle class kids probably shouldn't sing Jahmecan Patois, mun... :)

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daytona74 said:

Anybody remember this? :p

I do remember that a certain comedian named Jim Carrey scored a very similar hit single, around the same time:

Edited by ArtieRollins

vor 17 Minuten schrieb ArtieRollins:

I do remember that a certain comedian named Jim Carrey scored a very similar hit single, around the same time:

That just made my day... never heard that version before... :):p

Edited by Daytona74

5 hours ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

There have been no good movies made in the 21st Century at all so Hollywood can f..k right off

Can't say I agree with you on this one, but yeah there have been shockingly few higlights over the last few years, as maybe 2-3 films (for me that is) have lived up to the "hype" but most of them I will probably never care to watch again.

On the other hand, I finally got to see Bone Tomahawk this weekend and for me it definitely goes right into (a rather short list) as one the best film I have seen in a very long time. Hopefully Kurt Russell will ditch the fast-food trash that is Fast & The Furius series and continue to do more bad ass western/action roles, as it seems like either Sly, Arnie or Bruce Willis no longer seem to be able or willing to turn up and deliver the goods anymore, sadly. 

Edited by ArtieRollins

90s eurodance nostalgia at its finest. I think that I never heard any of her songs after this, but then again Saturday Night was such a gigantic dance hit between 1994-95, that it was probably unlikely that it would ever be topped. Still puts me right back to they days of being a hopeless 10 year old kid in love with a girl that never knew I existed.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb ArtieRollins:

90s eurodance nostalgia at its finest. I think that I never heard any of her songs after this, but then again Saturday Night was such a gigantic dance hit between 1994-95, that it was probably unlikely that it would ever be topped. Still puts me right back to they days of being a hopeless 10 year old kid in love with a girl that never knew I existed.

Oh yes, who could forget that song...  :) I was about 19 when that song was being played at just about every club you ever went to.

Here's another Eurodance classic from the about the same time, 1993:

And how about Dr. Alban, the singing Swedish denist (no, really, he was a trained dentist before he started making music :)):

Boy, I feel old.

8 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Here's another Eurodance classic from the about the same time, 1993:

Its funny how Jim Carrey seems to always turn up in several fantastic parodies of these early/mid 90s dance/hip-hop tunes, as the Haddaway video for me will always be one of the first times I saw Jim Carrey on TV (beside Ace Ventura and The Mask which both came out in 94) this time through a hilarious parody along with Will Ferrell on SNL:

12 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

And how about Dr. Alban, the singing Swedish denist (no, really, he was a trained dentist before he started making music :)):

I remember hearing about that years later, and thought it was hilarious, but yeah he was an actual dentist. Those crazy swedes sure knew their stuff when it came to delivering big eurodance hits. 

Here are a couple of other nostalgic 90s hits produced and made in Sweden:

3 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Boy, did I have a super mega crush on Mena Suvari back then... :):cool:

You sure were not alone on that one. Mena Suvari was the only reason why I dragged myself to watch the total wreck that was Loser (2000), an unfunny and horrible teenage comedy that tried too hard to keep milking the success of the American Pie movie a year earlier, and teamed up Mena along with Jason Biggs, but there was sadly not much good to say about the film, beside Mena and the song Teenage Dirtbag which went one to became a huge hit in 2000/01, as probably one of the most played songs on radio and TV.

I thought American Beauty was really a great movie. I think I downloaded "Loser" off the Internet (in 2001, nobody really cared if you did that ;)), but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me...

Speaking of 90s celebrity crushes -

I really loved Alicia Silverstone... I even went to see the movie Clueless together with a buddy. Really a horrible movie if you're a guy, but getting to see Alicia Silverstone made up for that... :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

I really loved Alicia Silverstone... I even went to see the movie Clueless together with a buddy. Really a horrible movie if you're a guy, but getting to see Alicia Silverstone made up for that... :)

I remember having this huge poster of Alicia on my bedroom wall, but I had to take it down as my mum was not too impressed, still I had a great VHS copy of the erotic/thriller The Crush (1993). The kind of typical early 90s thriller with a psycho female in the lead role, serving as the temptress for some naive guy who's life is suddenly turning into a living nightmare etc, but still one of the better or more enjoyable erotic thrillers of that era.

Not sure why her career bombed so sudden, as from 1992-95 she seemed to be on a great roll of succes with several big MTV music videos, erotic thrillers and then hit it real big with Clueless, but after that the only film I saw of her was a rather bad crime/comedy with Christopher Walken in 97 (do not remember the name) and of course as Batgirl in Batman & Robin (1997). Which I guess was a bad move for everybody involved, still I think it is far away from being even considered "the worst movie ever made", as it is so silly and over-the-top and you also get both Uma Thurman and Silverstone in those tight spandex suits, which a worst movie ever would not have. Still I'd easily take that film over 90% of modern super-hero CGI trash, anyday.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ArtieRollins:

Not sure why her career bombed so sudden

Yeah, I mean, she had the looks, and wasn't really a bad actress. But I guess a lot depends on having the right agent and the right connections in the business. And a fair bit of luck in happening upon the right roles for you.

Here are two more perennial dance classics:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Perhaps Phil Collins's best ballad:

I understand the movie by the same name wasn't so great. Never seen it myself though.

Yes quite a poor movie Ive seen it !

5 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Yeah, I mean, she had the looks, and wasn't really a bad actress. But I guess a lot depends on having the right agent and the right connections in the business. And a fair bit of luck in happening upon the right roles for you.

I guess with the likes of other beautiful young actresses such as Reese Witherspoon, Keri Russell, Neve Campbell, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar along with Claire Danes, Liv Tyler and Kirsten Dunst, there was just to many fighting over the same kind of roles, in typical teens drama, comedies, horror movies etc, and Alicia was either just unlucky or she fell out with someone in the industry, and it cost her big time.

Here is another clip of her as The Babysitter (1995)

Edited by ArtieRollins

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ArtieRollins:

I guess with the likes of other beautiful young actresses such as Reese Witherspoon, Keri Russell, Neve Campbell, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar along with Claire Danes, Liv Tyler and Kirsten Dunst, there was just to many fighting over the same kind of roles, in typical teens drama, comedies, horror movies etc, and Alicia was either just unlucky or she fell out with someone in the industry, and it cost her big time.

True. In that generation, you had a large number of young actresses who were as talented as they were pretty to look at. Hard to make your mark against that kind of competition, I guess. It's also one reason why somebody like Amy Smart, also one of my favorite actresses, never got much beyond doing B-movies like "Crank". And then you've got women like Mila Kunis... not a bad actress, but not a great one either, who is said to get around $75K to $100K a week just for saying two or three lines on "Family Guy".

And now for something completely different... some late 90s lounge/acid jazz: :cool:

Edited by Daytona74

Speaking of which... :) Some while ago, I had been listening to a few songs by Tom Waits. One of them was "Waltzing Matilda" and after looking it up, I learned, that the chorus was taken from also an Australian unofficial national anthem "Waltzing Matilda." Anyway...

This is the actual song, which has been recorded by many artists:

"The original lyrics were written in 1895 by Australian poet Banjo Paterson, and were first published as sheet music in 1903." Wiki quote

Edited by summer84