What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

One of the true gems of early synth music. :thumbsup:

I saw a documentary about Jean-Michel Jarre a while ago, and it showed him actively creating the wind sound at the beginning by turning one or two control knobs on his Moog up and down... :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc said:

It's an edit of a classic Italo Disco track.

This is the original.

Thanks for posting !

From their 1986 "Invisible Touch" album -  Land of Confusion from the Miami Vice Finale Freefall

From Elton's 1997 "I was Made in England" album this is a great track.

No Elton John songs appeared in Miami Vice if I recall. :dance::hippie:

Crimer - Brotherlove.....the new hit sensation here in Switzerland. It's so eighties it almost throws shoulder pads at you. Watch the video!

Not really a huge fan of Bruno Mars, but this track is just an awesome pastiche of early 80s hip hop and disco funk :thumbsup::thumbsup:

They could have played this song in any season one night club scene of Miami Vice, and nobody would have guessed that it was from 33 years in the future... :p

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Not really a huge fan of Bruno Mars, but this track is just an awesome pastiche of early 80s hip hop and disco funk :thumbsup::thumbsup:

They could have played this song in any season one night club scene of Miami Vice, and nobody would have guessed that it was from 33 years in the future... :p

You need to become a fan of Bruno Mars! :) 

Almost every song on that album fits the above description! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian

I just always think it's mind blowing when people who were barely even born in the 80s gravitate towards that kind of sound... they can not have much of a recollection of listening to that type of sound growing up. If you know what I mean. So it kind of says something about the goodness and quality of that kind of music in the first place, if it has had such a lasting impact on today's young pop musicians... :thumbsup:

But who knows, maybe in a few years, we'll have a 90s Eurodance revival... :)

Anyway, some more (actual) early 80s music: :cool:

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

I don't know about the U.S., but there was no escaping this song over here exactly 20 years ago.

At its time, it was even worse than Marcarena the previous year... :p