What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

1 hour ago, Jupiter_Vice said:

Has anyone assembled a playlist on Apple Music of all the MV songs/music?  

I'm doing it the hard way, one by one, curious if there was an easier way to assemble.  I have a spreadsheet with all the MV music.

Thanks

I have them all in MP3 format, tagged for iTunes by episode/season, with track #s by order in each episode, and with a screen cap of the scene that corresponds with each song. It took years (here and there along the way). :) 

Peter Gabriel MV songs, for example:

IMG_7404.PNG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I have them all in MP3 format, tagged for iTunes by episode/season, with track #s by order in each episode, and with a screen cap of the scene that corresponds with each song. It took years (here and there along the way). :) 

Peter Gabriel MV songs, for example:

IMG_7404.PNG

Great Dadrian !:hippie:

On 23/05/2017 at 11:17 PM, summer84 said:

Yeah the song was released in 1984. I think the producers could have played some Miami Sound Machine/Gloria Estefan song's in some of the club scenes in Miami Vice in the first season. And even have a live performance. Too bad their music wasn't featured on the show...

Yes shame they had to wait to the 2006 big screen movie before an Estefan was featured in Miami Vice :hippie:

On 23/05/2017 at 11:54 PM, Dadrian said:

Maybe all DJ Crockett needed all along was a mint mojito :) 

Ha ha that would have limbered Crockett up a bit in the show :hippie:

On 23/05/2017 at 11:21 PM, summer84 said:

I like, how they finally made Crockett dance in the Miami Vice movie, he always had an excuse in the series having a bad knee or something. :)

Yes - actually the dance scenes in the 2006 Miami Vice movie were well done - I remember at that time Colin Farrell having quite a bit of training in pre production for the scenes :hippie:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Yes - actually the dance scenes in the 2006 Miami Vice movie were well done - I remember at that time Colin Farrell having quite a bit of training in pre production for the scenes :hippie:

Yes I've seen the dance scene rehearsal on YouTube and with Michael Mann giving a bit of instruction there. :)

12 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

@summer84 did you enjoy the movie and the soundtrack?:hippie:

I have only watched parts of it here and there. And some behind the scenes of the movie on YouTube. :hippie:

10 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I have only watched parts of it here and there. And some behind the scenes of the movie on YouTube. :hippie:

My favourite scene is this scene the boat scene from Miami to Havana, Cuba so beautiful with music and scenery - let me know what you think 

This song by Moby and Patti Labelle ( Patti Labelle sung on the Last Unbeaten Heart from the Miami Vice episode "When Irish Eyes Are Crying") :hippie:

Edited by Matt5

35 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

My favourite scene is this scene the boat scene from Miami to Havana, Cuba so beautiful with music and scenery - let me know what you think 

The scenery looks great. :)

20 hours ago, summer84 said:

The scenery looks great. :)

Yes just off Key Biscayne , Miami :hippie:

Even though a lot of the movie was filmed in South America and the Dominican Republic 

• Like 1

Featuring Don Johnson on vocals ( never knew this till Today) from Gregg Allman's February 1987 album "I'm No Angel" on Epic Records :hippie:

That's some playlist!

I always love that Lazerhawk video. I would have never thought to put MV images with that song, but it REALLY works! :thumbsup:

Edited by Dadrian