BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

and a weekend special bonus item from Made for each other at the Warsaw ballroom on Collins Ave (taken by someone from Miami PD who was working on the set at the time)

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-15 um 14.35.05.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, Tom said:

very rare BTS shot from the teaser chase in "Lend me an Ear"

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-15 um 12.27.30.png

The scarab was being fixed at the workshop, i presume...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

The scarab was being fixed at the workshop, i presume...

If so, it was a good thing—the Scarab could never have made it through those narrow waterways in the chase! :) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

If so, it was a good thing—the Scarab could never have made it through those narrow waterways in the chase! :) 

Mmmmm...correct boy wo...ops, jan hammer

• Haha 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Dadrian:

Yep, and the department submarine was under repair! :p

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Smuggler´s blues, at the cemetery

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-15 um 12.26.45.png

He's down with these cats if the play calls for it, but otherwise, Jimmy's not into violence. 

• Like 2

This picture is a part of photo shoot which took place after the end of filming the second season, because DJ, PMT and Trudy have longer hairs and John Diehl wears the same shirt as in "Sons and Lovers".
In my opinion Don's haircut from that session would fit much better for Season 3. :)

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?family=editorial&phrase=miami vice season 3

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crockettt said:

This picture is a part of photo shoot which took place after the end of filming the second season, because DJ, PMT and Trudy have longer hairs and John Diehl wears the same shirt as in "Sons and Lovers".
In my opinion Don's haircut from that session would fit much better for Season 3. :)

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?family=editorial&phrase=miami vice season 3

For anyone who doesn’t know, I was alluding the thumbnail image for all of Crockettt’s YouTube content. :thumbsup:

• Like 7

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Crockettt:

I doubt that this is after the end of season 2. DJs hair in the neck is much shorter on these pics as in the last season 2 eps (it looks rather like mid season 2), as well as Tubbs´hair is also very long, giving him a "big head" appearance in the final eps. See photo comparison between DJs hair length in Sons and lovers and these photo shoot pics.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-20 um 08.07.56.png

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

I doubt that this is after the end of season 2. DJs hair in the neck is much shorter on these pics as in the last season 2 eps (it looks rather like mid season 2), as well as Tubbs´hair is also very long, giving him a "big head" appearance in the final eps. See photo comparison between DJs hair length in Sons and lovers and these photo shoot pics.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-20 um 08.07.56.png

Yes this photo session was not taken just after the end of Season 2, but before the start of Season 3.

Maybe they experimented with DJ and PMT haircut for the new season because they both have a bit longer hair than in Season 3. DJ haircut in the mid Season 2 was different. Pictures from this photo shoot are captioned as "Miami Vice Season 3" on Gettyimages.

Edited by Crockettt

vor einer Stunde schrieb Crockettt:

Yes this photo session was not taken just after the end of Season 2, but before the start of Season 3.

Maybe they experimented with DJ and PMT haircut for the new season because they both have a bit longer hair than in Season 3. DJ haircut in the mid Season 2 was different. Pictures from this photo shoot are captioned as "Miami Vice Season 3" on Gettyimages.

that season 3 label on Getty is circumstantial anecdote at best. For me there is no fact based reason to believe this was done right before season 3 start, but a lot of evidence (hair, colors) that this was done rather during mid-season2.  MM decided end of season 2 to change the whole color scheme and the actors look for season 3 and they would not have done such a season 2 scheme photo shoot with a different haircut for DJ and PMT (who had very short hair in season 3) just before season three started to film in mid June 1986 (CGlide has the production notes of first season 3 ep El Viejo and this promo shoot is not mentioned there like with all other publicity shoots, for example the one at the pink mall in Aventura at the end of season 1 that was done during filming "Lombard"). And all actors were doing other things between seasons, so they would not have come to Miami in between just for a shoot either). Also, there is in fact an early season 3 promo shooting with DJ and PMT in new look in the Barcelona hotel during filming of El Viejo in front of the colorful wall we see in the hotel scenes with Willie Nelson (see theme on pic below). That is further fact-based evidence that they unlikely did 2 different promo shoots (one with old look and one with the new one) within days at the start of season 3.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-20 um 09.55.31.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

I've found on eBay one of the picture from that session for sale.
According to the attached NBC Photo note the picture promoted upcoming third season and the date is June 20, 1986.

KljbPil.jpg

5BrjxxM.jpg

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Crockettt said:

I think as well that they experimented with Don's hair because there is a semi spike style look to it on the top, the long strands are gone. 

If this was the case, shame they went with the full spike look because that was a nice hairstyle.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Crockettt:

I've found on eBay one of the picture from that session for sale.
According to the attached NBC Photo note the picture promoted upcoming third season and the date is June 20, 1986.

KljbPil.jpg

5BrjxxM.jpg15 June 19

Now I see where the misunderstanding is. That was the date this press announcement was issued, but that has nothing to do with the date this older press photo has been taken.  El Viejo shooting started on 15 June 1986 by the way (with short spiky hair of DJ), so no way that this photo was taken in June 1986. The original press photos for season 3 were taken in mid June 1986 (one of them I posted today) but for some reason NBC still used the old stuff on 20 June 1986 for announcing the new season.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2