BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

5 hours ago, fakespyder said:

That video clip is awesome. Great insight into their comradery, before their respective ego's complicated things.

Mmmm...could you explain it better?

Found this one...hilarious moment with Don and Edward James Olmos messing around, behind the scenes. :) Going by Don's wardrobe & hairstyle, I'd say this is probably sometime during Season 2. 

MV2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 4/10/2023 at 8:20 AM, fakespyder said:

That video clip is awesome. Great insight into their comradery, before their respective ego's complicated things.

I don't know how much truth there is in that. 

I wish I could post the picture I'm looking at right now: it's a snapshot of Don's dining room at his home in Montecito. There's a big framed picture on the wall of him and Philip playing checkers on the set.

You don't put a big framed picture of someone you hate on your dining room!

Sorry I'm not allowed to share the snapshot.

The picture you 've probably seen around:

279fd10474d0e60e20d49979cd28f8cc.jpg.9bcd3c1e1c6d6ecbb4e8b1fd87e403b5.jpg

Edited by johnnyfarragut
  • Like 7

vor 9 Minuten schrieb johnnyfarragut:

I wish I could post the picture I'm looking at right now: it's a snapshot of Don's dining room at his home in Montecito. There's a big framed picture on the wall of him and Philip playing checkers on the set.

DJ said many times in interviews that he never had one single beef with PMT ever. I don’t know what fakespider referred to. Maybe that DJ has some tantrums during the series, but that had nothing to do with PMT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom said:

DJ said many times in interviews that he never had one single beef with PMT ever. I don’t know what fakespider referred to. Maybe that DJ has some tantrums during the series, but that had nothing to do with PMT.

That's what I heard too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnyfarragut said:

I think it's more in reference to Don. I think Don had very definite ideas of what he wanted plot & character wise, as well as possibly with lighting and/or wardrobe in certain episodes...definite ideas of how he thought the show should go. When he didn't always get his way, the "stories" are he sometimes got mad and left the set. How true and/or how exaggerated those stories are, who knows? ;) But, from what both actors have said over the years, you're correct...both Don and Philip Michael Thomas seemed to always get along with, respected, & worked very well with each other. There were never any major blowups or problems between each other, that I've ever heard. I've not really ever heard of Don having that many problems with cast (other than he and Edward James Olmos didn't get along well at first--but I think they learned to work well with each other once EJO got integrated into the show) either...I think it was more plot issues, direction, or lighting of a scene, or how a scene was supposed to work, etc... But, later Don even had PMT guest star a couple/few times on Nash Bridges, and if they had had major problems with each other during MV, I doubt Don would have done that. I think we can safely say that the comradery Crockett & Tubbs had, Don and Philip also had & hopefully still have! :dance2:    

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

I've only been partially quoted. My comment came from seeing Tom's short clip of DJ and PMT goofing around and genuinely having a laugh.

On 4/9/2023 at 6:38 PM, Tom said:

I was alluding to the fact that the first season must have been a very exciting time. Everyone, cast and crew, singularly focused on making the best show they could. No thoughts of moving on to other projects, no pay disputes, no celebrity nonsense. Just pure creativity and hope that the show would work.

I hope that clears my comment up. Admittedly I could have phrased things better in the first post. Sometimes I forget that just because I understand what I mean in my head, it does not come out properly in text:)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

I've only been partially quoted. My comment came from seeing Tom's short clip of DJ and PMT goofing around and genuinely having a laugh.

I was alluding to the fact that the first season must have been a very exciting time. Everyone, cast and crew, singularly focused on making the best show they could. No thoughts of moving on to other projects, no pay disputes, no celebrity nonsense. Just pure creativity and hope that the show would work.

I hope that clears my comment up. Admittedly I could have phrased things better in the first post. Sometimes I forget that just because I understand what I mean in my head, it does not come out properly in text:)

No problem...I've seen that clip before, and I think you're right on everything! :thumbsup: Very exciting time, and I can only imagine what it was like to be part of the cast back then! I know what it was like seeing the show for the first time as it originally aired, and that was amazing enough! :dance2: But, what you said is true--there were amazing times, as well as ego issues...with an immensely popular show that shot to icon status almost immediately, there's bound to be some "bumps" in the road. :p It was all so superb...I wish it had gone a season or two longer, but I'm grateful what for what was...and almost 40 years later the impact is still being followed, used, copied, coveted, and appreciated! I don't think that in 1984 (or even in 1989) Mann, or any of the cast & crew had an inkling that 40 (or 34) years later fans would still be addicted to, discussing, & digressing or "dissecting" every episode and character as if it/they were real, LOL! ;) 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 4

On 3/31/2023 at 7:19 AM, ViceFanMan said:

This has probably been posted here before, so if so, I apologize. But, I ran across this picture of Don Johnson & the Mann (Michael Mann) himself! It must not have been all drama & fits behind-the-scenes ;), as they're enjoying some laughs while having a smoke. :rauchen: :funky: 

Also, just as a side-note I saw an older interview with Michael Mann (mid 90s) where he said that the network (NBC) and some others were actually wanting & hoping to get a Season 6 out of the show...but both he and Don didn't want to, as they both wanted to move on to other things. 

MV.jpg

Going by Don's t-shirt that has got to be during the filming of "The Maze"

The Maze - Miami Vice Image (28033815) - Fanpop

• Like 5

On 4/18/2023 at 9:05 AM, RedDragon86 said:

Going by Don's t-shirt that has got to be during the filming of "The Maze"

The Maze - Miami Vice Image (28033815) - Fanpop

Agreed...that's what I was thinking. :thumbsup: Oddly enough, it's a darker color & not a pastel or lighter color. At that point Mann usually didn't allow dark colors with wardrobe, cars, or background colors (such as buildings). But, it sort of "works" for The Maze. :p

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Agreed...that's what I was thinking. :thumbsup: Oddly enough, it's a darker color & not a pastel or lighter color. At that point Mann usually didn't allow dark colors with wardrobe, cars, or background colors (such as buildings). But, it sort of "works" for The Maze. :p

Sometimes the darker colors do sneak in the 1-2 era, "Out Where the uses Don't Run" he wears a buttoned blue shirt and in "The Great McCarthy" he wears a black suit with a mint t-shirt. 

His look in The Great McCarthy's at the party is really cool, especially the t-shirt complementing. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Sometimes the darker colors do sneak in the 1-2 era, "Out Where the uses Don't Run" he wears a buttoned blue shirt and in "The Great McCarthy" he wears a black suit with a mint t-shirt. 

His look in The Great McCarthy's at the party is really cool, especially the t-shirt complementing. 

There are a couple times when a darker color is used, true...but it was pretty rare at that time. But, the black sports jacket with the light green shirt in "Great McCarthy" is a good example...and one of the few times Crockett wears something like that. Really cool, and I think it was the "pastel-ishness" of the green shirt that helped offset the black jacket & Mann was okay with it. The fashion in "McCarthy" was off the charts awesome, anyway! :thumbsup: