BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

8 hours ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Saw this one doing the rounds on DailyMail I believe? Why have they edited the colours on their clothing? IMG_1782.thumb.jpeg.8a552769c58a70475d50a44d5a8320ee.jpeg

I’ve seen others like this one, and they were wearing the same outfits. Crockett’s jacket was actually a light gray color (as I’ve seen some promos that were not altered), but there are several promo photos where they’ve altered the colors & the jacket “appears” a light teal/aqua color...like this one. That neon, bright purple sky is strange too...not very MV, lol! :eek:

• Like 6

Recently we’ve seen a couple photos where the colors had obviously been altered…such as the one that @Detective_Crockett posted, where Crockett was wearing a jacket that looked almost a light teal color. Here is a humorous behind-the-scenes promo (that I’m assuming was not actually used :)) that has not been altered & shows the true colors of the jacket (a light gray):

IMG_3683.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Recently we’ve seen a couple photos where the colors had obviously been altered…such as the one that @Detective_Crockett posted, where Crockett was wearing a jacket that looked almost a light teal color. Here is a humorous behind-the-scenes promo (that I’m assuming was not actually used :)) that has not been altered & shows the true colors of the jacket (a light gray):

IMG_3683.jpeg

The pink house in the background :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

The pink house in the background :)

This is true!! Love that house…one of my favorites used in the show! :dance2:

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 11:39 PM, fakespyder said:

Some great shots Tom.

I think if Gina and Trudy came busting through my door I'd resist arrest...just a little:p

I'm with you on that thought!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 4:49 PM, ViceFanMan said:

I’ve seen others like this one, and they were wearing the same outfits. Crockett’s jacket was actually a light gray color (as I’ve seen some promos that were not altered), but there are several promo photos where they’ve altered the colors & the jacket “appears” a light teal/aqua color...like this one. That neon, bright purple sky is strange too...not very MV, lol! :eek:

That neon purple sky is very 80’s, but I think it fits more into the category of the retro 80’s aesthetic ‘more 80’s than the 80’s actually was’ section lol, to a modern audience that’s how they would see the show when you mention it was a big part of the 80’s. 

Those more 80’s than the 80’s photos are very pleasing aesthetically, I must admit though, here are a few I scooped up  

IMG_2015.jpeg.12b46e30267aa686d0dbae94e9dce010.jpegIMG_2014.thumb.webp.a0ee53236c96674bac41e2bcff76e1f0.webpIMG_2016.thumb.jpeg.5148adb0a0d6c075f84994a57a61e82d.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

That neon purple sky is very 80’s, but I think it fits more into the category of the retro 80’s aesthetic ‘more 80’s than the 80’s actually was’ section lol, to a modern audience that’s how they would see the show when you mention it was a big part of the 80’s. 

Those more 80’s than the 80’s photos are very pleasing aesthetically, I must admit though, here are a few I scooped up  

IMG_2015.jpeg.12b46e30267aa686d0dbae94e9dce010.jpegIMG_2014.thumb.webp.a0ee53236c96674bac41e2bcff76e1f0.webpIMG_2016.thumb.jpeg.5148adb0a0d6c075f84994a57a61e82d.jpeg

Some neon, vibrant colors were part of the late 80s, and on into the 90s. So, those colors on the pics you posted do somewhat go with part of the 80s decade. :thumbsup: 

However, MV itself was more about the “soft” pastel colors, rather than bright neon. And I think it had more of an impact on the decade as a whole.

I always think of pastel with the 80s because of MV, and neon with the 90s because of the immensely popular cable series Silk Stalkings (1991-1999) which was basically the 90s answer to MV. ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

Some neon, vibrant colors were part of the late 80s, and on into the 90s. So, those colors on the pics you posted do somewhat go with part of the 80s decade. :thumbsup: 

However, MV itself was more about the “soft” pastel colors, rather than bright neon. And I think it had more of an impact on the decade as a whole.

I always think of pastel with the 80s because of MV, and neon with the 90s because of the immensely popular cable series Silk Stalkings (1991-1999) which was basically the 90s answer to MV. ;)

As someone who went to high school in the mid to late 80’s in Southern California, I can very much attest that neon colors were quite popular, particularly around 84-86.  I’m talking about the highlighter colors, like day-glo yellow and pink, etc….  The pastels were around, but the neon was very new.  I think of the 90’s more as having the intensely saturated darker jewel tones that appeared a bit in late MV.  

If I’m very honest, and this may not be popular on the forum :eek: my wife commented that pastels seemed more popular in the 80’s for interior decorating.  She cited the Golden Girls and examples from the homes of our youth.  She wasn’t wrong.  For adolescents, stronger neon colors and the like were more popular.  I can’t really disagree.  

Of course, there were also the punks, metal heads, and later grunge, that wanted little to do with color.  :D

• Like 2

Just now, pahonu said:

As someone who went to high school in the mid to late 80’s in Southern California, I can very much attest that neon colors were quite popular, particularly around 84-86.  I’m talking about the highlighter colors, like day-glo yellow and pink, etc….  The pastels were around, but the neon was very new.  I think of the 90’s more as having the intensely saturated darker jewel tones that appeared a bit in late MV.  

If I’m very honest, and this may not be popular on the forum :eek: my wife commented that pastels seemed more popular in the 80’s for interior decorating.  She cited the Golden Girls and examples from the homes of our youth.  She wasn’t wrong.  For adolescents, stronger neon colors and the like were more popular.  I can’t really disagree.  

Of course, there were also the punks, metal heads, and later grunge, that wanted little to do with color.  :D

Absolutely, there were some neon colors around in the late 80s…I myself had some T-shirts that were definitely more neon. But, being in school around that time as well, I also remember a lot of pastels…with teals, pinks, and light purples. I even had trapper keepers in MV pastel colors. :) 

I think MV & the pastels had more of an impact on the 80s decade overall…but even towards the end of the show they were “flirting” with a couple more bright/neon ideas with some green background lighting. But, the neons as a whole were more of the 90s…as by that time I was in upper high school & college. I had lots of neon things then, and I remember some popular comedy & cop shows, like In Living Color, MadTV, and as I mentioned earlier probably the most popular cop show of the 90s…Silk Stalkings all showcased a lot of neon color schemes.

• Like 1