The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

6 hours ago, volobrian said:

I just saw this today for the first time.  I spent the day polishing our car so it could be more polished :D

I guess I better go polish my car - so they will say that both cars are "more polished"!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 8:13 PM, crowe-t said:

Does Car 4 have chrome/silver in where the headlights are(under the clear plastic)?  Or is this an illusion? 

thedaytonatoday1-1.jpg.05e1e0b104cc5c69fd10134751535d63.jpg

Yeah its a light amplifier, they put it on to help the light get through the smoked plexyglass, which gave the impression of headlight covers without having to rely on the troublesome vette system which runs off of a vacume to open and close the headlights

On 7/23/2020 at 12:21 AM, Kavinsky said:

Yeah its a light amplifier, they put it on to help the light get through the smoked plexyglass, which gave the impression of headlight covers without having to rely on the troublesome vette system which runs off of a vacume to open and close the headlights

I spoke with CameraDaytona and he said it's a reflection.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:37 AM, crowe-t said:

I spoke with CameraDaytona and he said it's a reflection.

Well it is reflecting, but if you look at it, that area is chrome, and you can see the outline around the edges, and it shows up in the show during S1, its what causes that glow it has in its night scenes, almost like it has chrome headlight doors that are always in the down position

which would actually make sense in a way.

Edited by Kavinsky

On 8/1/2020 at 1:14 AM, Kavinsky said:

Well it is reflecting, but if you look at it, that area is chrome, and you can see the outline around the edges, and it shows up in the show during S1, its what causes that glow it has in its night scenes, almost like it has chrome headlight doors that are always in the down position

which would actually make sense in a way.

It's actually only gloss black paint like all of the rest of the car.  You see the reflection of the headlights in the black paint in the headlight enclosure.  There is no chrome.

On 8/7/2020 at 12:13 AM, CameraDaytona said:

It's actually only gloss black paint like all of the rest of the car.  You see the reflection of the headlights in the black paint in the headlight enclosure.  There is no chrome.

Really? oh great this whole damn time I thought it was like it was on the countach here with its turn signal enclosure lol

800px-Lamborghini_Countach_-_Flickr_-_ex

as you think its the headlight but its actually a hole for the turn signals, oh well, live and learn lol hell maybe what's throwing me off is its reflecting the plexyglass and the headlight at the same time.

wouldnt be the first time I've been wrong about something and it surely wont be the last lol

Edited by Kavinsky

• 6 months later...

For anyone looking for a Daytona, we will be auctioning off this Red Daytona (and other movie cars) April 14th no-reserve.  This car is supposed to have been built by Carl Roberts originally, has the gas tank behind the seat.  Lived most of its life in FL before being sent to CA and eventually landed a job in the movie business.  Used in the TV series 911 and will be seen again along side Bradly Cooper in an upcoming movie "Soggy Bottom" https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/vehicles/16314/1973-ferrari-daytona-spyder

1973-ferrari-daytona-spyder.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Does anyone recall/have access to a MV video clip of the Daytona speeding down a 'dippy" street at night spraying sparks at each bump? I lost my copy somehow and would like to replace it. 

I may have posted this before, if so, apologies.

Thanks, 

2 hours ago, reholmes said:

Does anyone recall/have access to a MV video clip of the Daytona speeding down a 'dippy" street at night spraying sparks at each bump? I lost my copy somehow and would like to replace it. 

I may have posted this before, if so, apologies.

Thanks, 

Here's one from Youtube, between 31 and 60 seconds: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Here's one from Youtube, between 31 and 60 seconds: 

Still hurts me every time I see it...

8 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

Still hurts me every time I see it...

Someone wasn't wearing their seat belt and looked like the passenger was going to be launched going over that rise in the intersection.

1 hour ago, Gary1911A1 said:

Someone wasn't wearing their seat belt and looked like the passenger was going to be launched going over that rise in the intersection.

It was Michael Talbott

i don't know how they made it to avoid a disaster. if this is what i think, a high speed chase without seat belt, this is typically the kind of thing that could end the series simply, and purely

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

@CameraDaytona is this you???

Edit: I just read the comments. Poor guy. 

Yet another who claims to have the "third car" used in the series. Roberts didn't build any Daytonas for the series.   "Tim" McBurnie?   Bought from Michael Talbott?  LOL. 

In fact I'm wondering if this guy ever watched the series. Red lights? Uzis?  Who is the interviewer?  

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

What iconic Daytona scene over the railway tracks?

I assume they meant the scene where Talbott was almost ejected from the car, but certainly no tracks there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I assume they meant the scene where Talbott was almost ejected from the car, but certainly no tracks there. 

"He's going after Sonny" Michael was in the car?

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

The entire video is a farce. Why not? :) 

Sorry for going on but it's the scene where Tubb's and Gina are racing to save Sonny from the Argentinian?

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Sorry for going on but it's the scene where Tubb's and Gina are racing to save Sonny from the Argentinian?

I’m not sure if I’m answering the question you’re asking, but in the scene you mentioned above, that is MT who almost comes out of the car through that intersection. I think they re-use the clip when C&T are racing to save Gina from the hit in “Give a Little”. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2022 at 10:05 PM, Sonny-Burnett said:

Yet another who claims to have the "third car" used in the series. Roberts didn't build any Daytonas for the series.   "Tim" McBurnie?   Bought from Michael Talbott?  LOL. 

In fact I'm wondering if this guy ever watched the series. Red lights? Uzis?  Who is the interviewer?  

As a follow-on, I found this same topic discussed elsewhere such that the owner contacted Michael Talbott and persuaded him to add his name to the title for a fee, presumably to add some sort of provenance. He then (mis)represented the car as being "owned by Michael Talbott".   

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 9:29 PM, Dadrian said:

@CameraDaytona is this you???

Edit: I just read the comments. Poor guy. 

On 1/9/2022 at 11:05 PM, Sonny-Burnett said:

No, it is not me - and you are right, there was no third car.  You can ask Tom McBurnie.  Both cars are accounted for.  I have the VINs which prove which cars were used by Universal.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...