Crockett flashes TUBBS' badge by Accident?? A GOOF??

COOPER&BURNETT

Do you have a zoom feature on your dvd?Check out season one and the episode ONE EYED JACK.When the two lady game wardons are attempting to capture Elvis, Crockett says "Hey, that's my Aligator!" He then shows them his badge.It sure looks to me as if it's TUBBS photo on the badge, and NOT Crockett.It looks like the photo of TUBBS as seen on TUBBS photo seen here (collection and photo by TVICE).Eingefügtes BildCrockett's photo is of him in a black t-shirt, This photo on the I.D. is clearly different. I think it may be TUBBS!Use the ZOOM feature.What's YOUR take?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• jcm8002204

• tvice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the scene it's in. If I had zoom and screen capture, I'd post it.Eingefügtes BildAlso, as a side note, notice the leather strap on Elvis' mouth, right behind his nose. It's to prevent him from biting someone.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

I'd say you are absolutely correct. Great catch!The guy in the photo ID Sonny flashed was black, had an Afro, and was wearing a grayish jacket. No where close to Sonny's picture but it was not the same as the photo ID you displayed in the original post. Different picture, but I'd say definitely him.Also, oddly enough, Tubbs didn't have a gold shield until the mid to end of season two so this is really strange?I tried to talk a screenshot of this but the photo comes out all black with no pic. Sorry!

Hopefully, people will see this post, andA. Comment with thier opinionB. Show a screen shot of the zoomed I.D. BADGEIt's not Crockett, I think most will agree. But is it Tubbs? It may be!

Guest The Talk

You do not need an extra zoom or screen caputre. The screen capture you can take with your keyboard and the zoom with an image processing program. LINKHere are two of them. Sorry - no better resolution available.Difficult to say who is on the pic. Certainly not Sonny. Maybe Rico, maybe just any other guy.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

I have a big screen HD TV and without the zoom I can clearly see that it is not Sonny's picture. I'd say it is definitely a black guy with an afro.

The same thing happens in "Golden Triangle part 1", when Crockett flashes his badge to Candy. If you look closely in this scene, the photo doesn't look like Crockett OR Tubbs, it looks like some random white guy with dark hair.

Guest The Talk

Although the second one can't be read well it looks like as if the typed date is "June 27, 1984" on both of them.Except this date they are quite different.The big pale yello "dot" in the middle.The upper line is written differently.One says "James Sonny Crockett" the other one "Sonny James Crockett"The pics are similar but not identical. The background seems to be the same.

I watched the episode at 3PM today on DVD today, when the badge came up I zoomed in all the way, it looks like Crockett, the guy in the photo has light skin and Crockett's haircut, I zoomed in at 900 if your'e wondering, although that scene where Shroeder pulls out his badge when he arrests Crockett, that is definitely not him! Although it could be a stunt double or somebody on Crockett's badge, just not Tubbs, sorry. One more thought, the reason that the person in the badge photo looks a tad dark is he might be a latin-american posing for the photo, then again my tv is very bright and there is hardly any darkness in anything when I watch it on it.

• Administrators
I watched the episode at 3PM today on DVD today' date=' when the badge came up I zoomed in all the way, it looks like Crockett, the guy in the photo has light skin and Crockett's haircut, I zoomed in at 900 if your'e wondering, although that scene where Shroeder pulls out his badge when he arrests Crockett, that is definitely not him! Although it could be a stunt double or somebody on Crockett's badge, just not Tubbs, sorry. One more thought, the reason that the person in the badge photo looks a tad dark is he might be a latin-american posing for the photo, then again my tv is very bright and there is hardly any darkness in anything when I watch it on it.[/quote']You're saying this guy has light skin and Crockett's haircut? :confused:Eingefügtes BildSorry buddy, I have to disagree with you on this one. This guy has black hair and it looks like an afro to me.

You're saying this guy has light skin and Crockett's haircut? :confused:Eingefügtes BildSorry buddy' date=' I have to disagree with you on this one. This guy has black hair and it looks like an afro to me.[/quote']I absolutely agree with timm525. There is no way that this is Crockett. I'm suprised you think it looks like him! :confused:

• Administrators

Ummm, I'm not trying to sound like a wise guy here, but you do know that Crockett is the white guy and Tubbs is the black guy.

Well, I maybe wrong, the brightness level on my tv is pretty high, so I might be wrong. The id is too distorted anyway, to me it looks like a caucasian, with Crocketts hair,anyway, has anybody noticed Dan Hedaya's badge, now my tv isn't high def or anything but that is definitely not him, did anybody notice that? If your right about the Crockett badge, then they had some serious badge problems.

Well, it's not Crockett, as we can all see.After further research, I can categorically say that the person depicted in this "prop goof" photo ID is none other than Afro Ninja Vicer. MV writers, including the failed writer Richie VonRichenburg, had proposed that they had a story idea that they proclaimed was the "second funniest MV storyline after Cows of October." It involved Crockett emerging from below deck on his boat to reveal full "Al Jolson" makeup and an Afro wig, with a black open neck shirt and gray jacket. Next we see the shocked look on the face of Tubbs, who proceeds to deck Crockett with a swift and bone-crunching uppercut to the chin.Writers had wanted a continuing storyline for Afro Ninja Vicer, except that the character would be handed off to an actor who really was a young African-American man. The following short video will show the screen audition for the actor selected to play Afro Ninja Vicer. After viewing, it will quickly become apparent why the decision was made to drop the chacacter, as it was too racially charged to have Don Johnson play the character, and no other actor seemed to have the necessary skills.

LINKHere are two of them. Sorry - no better resolution available.Difficult to say who is on the pic. Certainly not Sonny. Maybe Rico' date=' maybe just any other guy.[img']http://miami-vice.ws/photoplog/images/5/1_badge_2.jpg Eingefügtes Bild

Hi guys and gals, hope I can clear a little bit of mystery up for you all. Firstly this id is infact sonnys id card. In the pilot episode and season 1 his id photo was different from season 2. I guess the prop department would have their reasons for doing this. I have both versions in my display including season 6 which depicts sonny with longer hair. My season 2 ID which he flashes in Payback differs slightly and I'm assuming there was more than 1 made for the show. I know the id pics you guys have are fuzzy but I can assure you it's Sonny. I'll post a few more shots later on down the track showing you all. Sorry I would love to give you all copies but I promised the source a long time ago I would never give them out. Kind regards and keep on vicing, Tvice.

Hi guys and gals' date=' hope I can clear a little bit of mystery up for you all. Firstly this id is infact sonnys id card. In the pilot episode and season 1 his id photo was different from season 2. I guess the prop department would have their reasons for doing this. I have both versions in my display including season 6 which depicts sonny with longer hair. My season 2 ID which he flashes in Payback differs slightly and I'm assuming there was more than 1 made for the show. I know the id pics you guys have are fuzzy but I can assure you it's Sonny. I'll post a few more shots later on down the track showing you all. Sorry I would love to give you all copies but I promised the source a long time ago I would never give them out. Kind regards and keep on vicing, Tvice.[/quote']NOW this is getting REAL INTERESTING!!Isn't it amazing what the members here on VICE.WS learn??I'd be thrilled if you HAD this photo to show us what it looks like.