Crockett flashes TUBBS' badge by Accident?? A GOOF??

COOPER&BURNETT

So would I! :thumbsup:Keep us posted! :radar:

Here's what I can show you all. The first id is the mystery id mentioned ( afro vicer? ). I can say 100% that this is the id and not someone else. The second pic is the season 2 id that I have. I have since re organised my display slightly. In short' date=' don johnson appears on all his id cards and not anyone else. Hope this helps everyone.[img']http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/tmack_06/100_3237crk2.jpgEingefügtes Bild

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• jcm8002204

• tvice

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mystery solved!! I'm convinced. You did a great job sorting this out tvice!By the way,1. what type of shirt is he wearing, a henley?2. The wallet that the I.D. is in is blue where the badge is. Is that the cloth protector for the I.D. window that seperates the badge from scratching the window. Is the badge is going through the cloth?

Guys, if you want a closer look at this "Afro-Vicer" badge, you should go to the scene where Crockett flashes his badge to Candy in "Golden Triangle part 1" that I mentioned above.

Mystery solved!! I'm convinced. You did a great job sorting this out tvice!By the way' date='1. what type of shirt is he wearing, a henley?2. The wallet that the I.D. is in is blue where the badge is. Is that the cloth protector for the I.D. window that seperates the badge from scratching the window. Is the badge is going through the cloth?[/quote']Thanks Coops, yes it appears to be a henley, but not sure what type. I added the blue cloth protector as the wallets didn't have any due to the fact that they are old I guess. Yes the badge is attached through the cloth backing. Probably not as exact as I would like but it does the job. Sorry to disapoint you Papa Legba but this id appears in the scene you mention and also when they are cutting a deal with Candy in the interview room. It is Sonny and not Afro. I also have Tubb's id that is also present in that scene. Cheers to everyone.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Are those his sunglasses hanging on his T-shirt? Your dept. ID with shades included, now how cool is that!

TVICE,It's wonderful to be on the viewing side of someone elses rare MIAMI VICE props for a change! Now I know what it feels like when someone views my rare items. One gets transfixed to seeing the props so much, that one returns to view it over and over again.It's nice to be on the recieving end for a change! GREAT JOB and GREAT Collection!!!If you wish to share anything else, please start a thread. I love it! :thumbsup::clap:

TVICE' date='It's wonderful to be on the viewing side of someone elses rare MIAMI VICE props for a change! Now I know what it feels like when someone views my rare items. One gets transfixed to seeing the props so much, that one returns to view it over and over again.It's nice to be on the recieving end for a change! GREAT JOB and GREAT Collection!!!If you wish to share anything else, please start a thread. I love it! :thumbsup::clap:[/quote']Thanks for the compliments coops but what I have is very small compared to most of you guys and gals. I have wanted these id's ever since i first saw crockett and tubbs flashing them back in the days. What I would really love to see is more of the same and any other original props / id's anyone has. Cmon everyone, post em!!:)

Another way to prove TVICE is correct is to see CLEARLY the photo of Crockett on the I.D. in the scene in the episode COOL RUNNIN'. After jake and bobby are gunned down, Crockett shows up, and picks up the greek fishermans cap off of the grass. Eingefügtes BildWhen the camera pans down, his I.D., and photo are clearly seen clipped to his blazer.Would someone (timm525) post a screen shot on here so we can all see it.

Thanks man. I tried to get one, but when I clicked on Cool Runnin' my mouse stopped moving and the whole thing froze. It has a history of doing that, so its nothing new.

000_3567

Thaaaaats the one!!! Thanks for the screen shot agent 47. It helps to further illustrate that tvice was correct, and how the items in his collection were worn in the early episodes.

• 1 year later...

Just a quickie, I understand that for insurance and other reasons the prop department makes about 6 ID's per season, not all 'hero' versions but good enough so that should they mislay one for a scene, then a back-up can be quickly used so as not to hold up the shooting schedule. I understand that it cost big bucks when there is a hitch in the shooting schedule! Also, they are not all identical, some actor photos are cropped differently, some of the cards are cropped differently, corners either squared or radius'd etc...

Hi guys and gals' date=' hope I can clear a little bit of mystery up for you all. Firstly this id is infact sonnys id card. In the pilot episode and season 1 his id photo was different from season 2. I guess the prop department would have their reasons for doing this. I have both versions in my display including season 6 which depicts sonny with longer hair. My season 2 ID which he flashes in Payback differs slightly and I'm assuming there was more than 1 made for the show. I know the id pics you guys have are fuzzy but I can assure you it's Sonny. I'll post a few more shots later on down the track showing you all. Sorry I would love to give you all copies but I promised the source a long time ago I would never give them out. Kind regards and keep on vicing, Tvice.[/quote']

• 1 month later...

I've only seen the badge of Sonny's with the yellow part in the middle and have a photo of it. Thanks for bringing this up because now I'll have to look the next time I watch One Eyed Jack and Golden Triangle part 1. Sue

Even the badges with Sonny's picture aren't identical.Did they use several badges in the show? Is there a fake one?Eingefügtes Bild

I've only seen the badge of Sonny's with the yellow part in the middle and have a photo of it. Thanks for bringing this up because now I'll have to look the next time I watch One Eyed Jack and Golden Triangle part 1. Sue

Eingefügtes Bild

That's the one Coop, thanks!And PGJ I never knew that about the badges and how many they made for the seasons. But it makes sense to do that. Thanks for the info. Sue

Eingefügtes Bild
Just a quickie' date=' I understand that for insurance and other reasons the prop department makes about 6 ID's per season' date=' not all 'hero' versions but good enough so that should they mislay one for a scene, then a back-up can be quickly used so as not to hold up the shooting schedule. I understand that it cost big bucks when there is a hitch in the shooting schedule! Also, they are not all identical, some actor photos are cropped differently, some of the cards are cropped differently, corners either squared or radius'd etc...[/quote'']

Eingefügtes Bild
Sue' date='.....you [u']GOT to spend more time in the SCRAPBOOK section. Great things await you. :thumbsup:

Very interesting observation with the black tape around Elvis's mouth,or whatever.Just wondering how he made all that noises,because he wasn't very happy when those game wardens wanna to take him away.Must have been extra sound effects or something."Blink if u can hear me! Earth to Angel!

STRONG ID/Badge Wallet ?

Eingefügtes Bild

Is this a STRONG (brand) ID/Badge Holder ? I know that someone posted the ID Card PDF some time ago, but there was many a discussion regarding the actual ID/Badge holder used....It came down to just a couple big players...Strong being one of them....

Is this a STRONG (brand) ID/Badge Holder ? I know that someone posted the ID Card PDF some time ago' date=' but there was many a discussion regarding the actual ID/Badge holder used....It came down to just a couple big players...Strong being one of them....[/quote']I can't remember now, but STRONG does come to mind. It could be.