Coop's Ocean Vacation Photos

COOPER&BURNETT

That's hilarious: a turn towards the Kardashian!  But you're exactly right, Charlie.  There's nothing like it any more along the LA or OC coast.  It's all built up.  When we were kids there were still little beach houses, almost shacks.  Now, with a growing population and demand, property values along the coast have soared, and all those shacks have been "remodeled" into McMansions.  I know it makes sense financially, but I miss those days.  Hell, Jim Rockford only had a trailer, but it was on the beach.  Not possible anymore.

That feeling on the Central Coast has only survived because their's no large urban center nearby, so land values remain low.  SLO is probably the biggest city in the area, and it has maybe 50,000.

I've never made the connection with there not being a large urban area nearby.  It makes sense.  Dare I say, my mom and dad purchased a beach house in Newport in 1958.  They closed on Valentine's Day.  For $28,000.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• bluepearl

• CharlieGlide

• James

I've never made the connection with there not being a large urban area nearby.  It makes sense.  Dare I say, my mom and dad purchased a beach house in Newport in 1958.  They closed on Valentine's Day.  For $28,000.  

Less than a new car today.  All I can say is "WOW"! 

Can you imagine buying a beach house in Newport Beach for $28,000??? The people that live there now wear wristwatches that cost more than that! 

• Like 1

How did i miss this topic?!?

What a beautiful place for vacation!

Of course i realized the pilot blazer too...

Awesome pictures thanks for sharing with us COOP!

• Like 1