Songs that should've played on VICE

MTVcops

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Sonny's scene in the nightclub with Margaret "The Prodigal Son"

Released 4 months before the episode was aired.

Says “not available” on my phone :birdie:

I'm almost shocked that Heartbeat by Don Johnson never played... Then again where would it have fit in the show? :)

1615575849_1531606691_HeartbeatGIF-downsized_large.gif.7a6b03a3b1fab328e49de51d7eb1033c.gif

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Detective_Crockett said:

I'm almost shocked that Heartbeat by Don Johnson never played... Then again where would it have fit in the show? :)

Probably a case of it being too obvious.

• Haha 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb MTVcops:

"Streetwise" is a song by Don Johnson, recorded exclusively for Miami Vice in 1986

https://miamivice.fandom.com/wiki/Streetwise_(Song)

Check out this video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/U_al7G8zLas

That is wrong. Streetwise was not recorded exclusively for MV as it was also used on the Heartbeat Video. It was recorded in summer 86 along with all other songs on the album (that was released in September 1986), long before the episode was filmed in mid October. But the maxi single Heartache away that contained the song on the B-side only was released in November 86.

1 hour ago, MTVcops said:

"Streetwise" is a song by Don Johnson, recorded exclusively for Miami Vice in 1986

Not sure what point you're trying to make? Yes, they used Don Johnson songs on the show, but not far and away his most popular and obvious one.

More often than not, Vice didn't do obvious with the music used in the series.

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

That is wrong. Streetwise was not recorded exclusively for MV as it was also used on the Heartbeat Video. It was recorded in summer 86 along with all other songs on the album (that was released in September 1986), long before the episode was filmed in mid October. But the maxi single Heartache away that contained the song on the B-side only was released in November 86.

The Heartbeat video release didn't come out until '87. "Streetwise" could quite easily have been done after the album sessions. The fact Olivia Brown is on the song performing the same lines she does in the episode would imply to me it was most likely done specifically for the show, otherwise that's quite a coincidence.

Edited by Leigh Burne

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Leigh Burne:

Not sure what point you're trying to make? Yes, they used Don Johnson songs on the show, but not far and away his most popular and obvious one.

More often than not, Vice didn't do obvious with the music used in the series.

The Heartbeat video release didn't come out until '87. "Streetwise" could quite easily have been done after the album sessions. The fact Olivia Brown is on the song performing the same lines she does in the episode would imply to me it was most likely done specifically for the show, otherwise that's quite a coincidence.

It could have been but it was not the case. Whoopi Goldberg did. also background singing on Streetwise and she was present in Criteria Studios Miami only in summer (June/July), not in October. And the decision for the Streetwise episode script was made 2 weeks ahead of filming. No way that Streetwise could have been recorded on short notice in October 86.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marc said:

I was an admirer of Benjamin Orr but didn't know this guy's solo material till yesterday. 

Emotion in Motion was one my favorites as a kid (and still is) 

RIP Ric ;( 

49 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Emotion in Motion was one my favorites as a kid (and still is) 

RIP Ric ;( 

One of the videos that auto played after a song was about his wife saying she was taken off his will when he died. :eek:

His wife was also in a romantic comedy with Tom Selleck.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think I have already posted this song because I remember Dadrian saying how they sound like Duran Duran.

You just  beat me to it! I  didn't see your original post  but was about to write that, having listened to it earlier.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Actually, this is Daryl Hall & Martin Castillo.

Actually, this is Borat and the lady from “Knock Knock...Who’s There?”  :thumbsup:

• Haha 2