This is going to be a "dumb question"...

HeadRusch

..but I'll ask it nonetheless, as I just asked it over on org.Is the entirety of the MIAMI VICE intro simply stock promotional footage?The reason I ask is because I was involved in a conversation and the topic came up of "what ever happened to..." and we blurted out "The two girls in the bikini's in the opening intro of Miami Vice". Towards the end....I'm assuming it was stock footage but if it was indeed shot specific, was there ever any record of who they were? Kinda like how everyone seemed to know who the old-woman was in the Mary Tyler Moore intro back in the day :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Ferrariman

• Lar

• Viceman Cometh

• Administrators

First off, welcome to the site! As far as I know the 2 girls were never identified. With the exception of several scenes I would say that most of it is stock footage. The exceptions being Sonny's Cigarette boat jumping the waves in "Calderone's Demise" and the boat race from "The Great McCarthy" The season 3 intro also included Sonny's Testarossa making the bend by the Fontainbleu which was used in various episodes.I could be wrong and if I am I'm sure some of our other experts will let me know! Just remember, there are no dumb questions! ;)

..but I'll ask it nonetheless' date=' as I just asked it over on org.Is the entirety of the MIAMI VICE intro simply stock promotional footage?The reason I ask is because I was involved in a conversation and the topic came up of "what ever happened to....... "The two girls in the bikini's in the opening intro of Miami Vice". Towards the end....:D[/quote']Some episodes show those two girls actually wearing Miami Vice silk jackets...so I would think that at least those two models would be able to be located....also probably the dude head-dunking while wind surfing, however most of the balance of the scenes are most likely stock footage, or at best MM best attempt at a 30-second MTV spot with film crews roaming around Miami for various 'highlights'.....Too bad they didn't think to change it up each week, similarly to the Simpsons...or maybe not....

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

then i have dumb questions all the time. :)

Some episodes show those two girls actually wearing Miami Vice silk jackets...

i think cooper&burnett adressed this issue as being in one ep only. i think was from season 1. nobody lives forever? coop?

The exceptions being Sonny's Cigarette boat jumping the waves in "Calderone's Demise" and the boat race from "The Great McCarthy" Just remember' date=' there are no dumb questions! ;)[/quote']Correction.....It is NOT a Cigarette, as it is a Chris Craft Stinger 390X. Cigarette was a company that made a similar boat and Don Aronow would be very disappointed.I'm just being anal Ferraiman :)

then i have dumb questions all the time. :)i think cooper&burnett adressed this issue as being in one ep only. i think was from season 1. nobody lives forever? coop?

The two girls wore the CREW jackets only one time before it was yanked due to too many public requests for the jacket. These were only crew jacket, and were not for sale.Also, Only one time was one of the actors allowed to do a voiceover during the end credits.Who was it, what season was it, what episode was it, and what was it about?(If nobody answers this question, it'll be asked as a TRIVIA question, which I guess it is)-COOP

The only time they played the girls-in-MV jackets clip in the intro was the original airing of "Made For Each Other", and then never again. Not in reruns, not in syndication, and not on DVD. I'm not sure if the scene ever made it overseas.I'm a stickler for this sort of thing, and I have to say, I'm lad they only used it once. While it makes a neat little bit of trivia, it breaks the fourth-wall too much for me.

• Administrators
Correction.....It is NOT a Cigarette' date=' as it is a Chris Craft Stinger 390X. Cigarette was a company that made a similar boat and Don Aronow would be very disappointed.I'm just being anal Ferraiman :)[/quote']I know I can always count on you guys to keep me on my toes! :thumbsup:

• Administrators
The only time they played the girls-in-MV jackets clip in the intro was the original airing of "Made For Each Other"' date=' and then never again. Not in reruns, not in syndication, and not on DVD. [/quote']You are correct sir! I have it on my original NBC recording of "Made For Each Other" on VHS.

• Administrators
Also' date=' Only one time was one of the actors allowed to do a voiceover during the end credits.Who was it, what season was it, what episode was it, and what was it about?(If nobody answers this question, it'll be asked as a TRIVIA question, which I guess it is)-COOP[/quote']I don't remember the exact episode but I seem to remember Phillip Michael Thomas pitching Vice songs on "Friday Night Videos"

The same palm trees appears in the "Cocaine Cowboys". And its not because they used it on Vice. I ithink most parts are stock footage or some footage promoting Florida.

You are correct sir! I have it on my original NBC recording of "Made For Each Other" on VHS.

I have it as well, and I've meant to make a clip or at least screencaps to post at some point here, but my VCR & recording set-up is a little finicky down here, and I don't want to mess with it until I have time to dig my copy out and make a copy (a copy of a copy, when all is said and done).

I don't remember the exact episode but I seem to remember Phillip Michael Thomas pitching Vice songs on "Friday Night Videos"

I too have the girls in vice jackets on video.Philip Michael Thomas plugging friday night videos is not the answer I'm looking for.

Also' date=' Only one time was one of the actors allowed to do a voiceover during the end credits.Who was it, what season was it, what episode was it, and what was it about?(If nobody answers this question, it'll be asked as a TRIVIA question, which I guess it is)-COOP[/quote']How about Phil the Shill and Phil Collins Rat Race song?

Ok...so it seems the answer is a resounding....maybe :)It wasn't stock footage, but the girls are unknown, and there was a scene showing those two girls wearing MV crew jackets (was this over their outfits before shooting that intro scene) or was it part of another scene entirely....Have I got that about right? :)

Ok...so it seems the answer is a resounding....maybe :)It wasn't stock footage' date=' but the girls are unknown, and there was a scene showing those two girls wearing MV crew jackets (was this over their outfits before shooting that intro scene) or was it part of another scene entirely....Have I got that about right? :)[/quote']I recall it as possibly the same location as the original girls shot, and walking in the same direction, but without reviewing the tape, I can't definatively answer that. They wore them over thier bikinis I believe. Again without checking, it could be different women. I seem to recall that one shot was clearer than the other surrounding stock footage which seemed grainy.-COOP

How about Phil the Shill and Phil Collins Rat Race song?

Thank you for playing, and giving it a shot, but this is not the correct answer.Anyone else wish to try, and also explain the circumstances surrounding it?This is truly a rare, and unique trivia question. I don't believe Ferrariman has this particular knowlege for a certain reason (yes, it was broadcast to the entire U.S. market), but I don't wish to give anything away just yet. I want to see if ANYBODY knows this trivia question. I mean REALLY knows.-COOP

Thank you for playing' date=' and giving it a shot, but this is not the correct answer.Anyone else wish to try, and also explain the circumstances surrounding it?This is truly a rare, and unique trivia question. I don't believe Ferrariman has this particular knowlege for a certain reason (yes, it was broadcast to the entire U.S. market), but I don't wish to give anything away just yet. I want to see if ANYBODY knows this trivia question. I mean REALLY knows.-COOP[/quote']Well I don't recall this (and watched all of the shows first run at the time) and you say it is not replayed on the DVD's? So it was only first run and you would have to have taped these back when NBC was broadcasting? Has to be the toughest trivia yet....

I know I'm not supposed to answer unless I really know, but I can't help myself because now I have a plausible theory cooking.In the original broadcast of Prodigal Son, did they do some type of voiceover on the end credits like "stay tuned for the world premier of the video for Take me Home"?(If not that, then it must be something pertaining to Home Invaders, as that is the only ep F-man missed taping in the original run, right?)

I know I'm not supposed to answer unless I really know' date=' but I can't help myself because now I have a plausible theory cooking.In the original broadcast of Prodigal Son, did they do some type of voiceover on the end credits like "stay tuned for the world premier of the video for Take me Home"?(If not that, then it must be something pertaining to Home Invaders, as that is the only ep F-man missed taping in the original run, right?)[/quote']No, and no. EXCELLENT THEORY though! Thanks for giving it a shot!(Are my trivia questions tough or WHAT?:))

Also' date=' Only one time was one of the actors allowed to do a voiceover during the end credits.Who was it, what season was it, what episode was it, and what was it about?(If nobody answers this question, it'll be asked as a TRIVIA question, which I guess it is)-COOP[/quote']Well, seeing how no one has got it, I think I’m going to start guessing…I’ll try to narrow it down…My first thought was, it must be one of the final episodes of Seasons 1-4, or after Freefall or after the final episode they showed for Season 5 on NBC (Leap of Faith)Then I thought, maybe it was Jon Diehl after Down for the Count, just saying something like he was glad to have worked in MV and was sad to leave etc…Am I on the right track? If it is one of the final episodes of a season, I would have thought it would be DJ or possibly EJO doing the voiceover, maybe PMT, but I wouldn’t have thought it would be anyone else…