This is going to be a "dumb question"...

HeadRusch

maybe it was the writers of "missing hours" apologizing for that ep during the end credits.

If not, they should have!"Dear Vice viewers, we f*cked up real bad. Sorry 'bout that."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Ferrariman

• Lar

• Viceman Cometh

I've got to believe this voiceover was for commercial purposes to introduce anoother episode. No specific recollection on this however but if I'm a betting man I'd go for Castillo to do the voiceover.

Well' date=' seeing how no one has got it, I think I’m going to start guessing…I’ll try to narrow it down…My first thought was, it must be one of the final episodes of Seasons 1-4, or after Freefall or after the final episode they showed for Season 5 on NBC (Leap of Faith)Then I thought, maybe it was Jon Diehl after Down for the Count, just saying something like he was glad to have worked in MV and was sad to leave etc…Am I on the right track? If it is one of the final episodes of a season, I would have thought it would be DJ or possibly EJO doing the voiceover, maybe PMT, but I wouldn’t have thought it would be anyone else…[/quote']No. No. and No.Thanks for playing!

I've got to believe this voiceover was for commercial purposes to introduce anoother episode. No specific recollection on this however but if I'm a betting man I'd go for Castillo to do the voiceover.

No, but thank you for trying!(these are great guesses by the way.)

Any hints ?

Nope. Honestly, it would be senseless to do so, as either one knows it, or doesn't.I did a trivia question that nobody got a while ago that asked the question, during the comercial break bumber when the original series was on the air, who voiced the words, "MIAMI VICE WILL CONTINUE". Nobody got it.Ferrariman then pointed out that a fan could have watched every single show, and there would be no possible way that anyone would know that question. Well, he's right, and wrong. He was correct that simply watching the show one wouldn't know the answer, but I'm a fan, and I found the answer READING a Miami Vice magazine. If another fan had done the same, they too would know the answer. I thought it was extremely relevant. Who'd have thought that asking a Miami Vice directly related trivia question needed rules or guideless, ...so I asked it.Also, I asked it because I wanted to give the members (who are amazing at Trivia, Ferrariman being the finest) a challenge. Every trivia question was always answered by someone, so, why not ask a challenging tough one to see how theyd do. I thought they would get a kick out of having a trivia question asked that they didn't automatically know.Now to my Trivia question.All I'm going to say is that any regular MIAMI VICE viewer of the original broadcast of the five seasons could answer this if they were paying attention to the voiceover during the end credits.-COOP

• Administrators

Well, I do have the original tapings including "The Home Invaders" (don't know who said I don't) but wouldn't have a clue where to start.

One FINAL hint.When I say that any regular Miami Vice viewer of the original broadcast of the first five seasons, it could also include the reruns within thier respective year of original broadcast in the five seasons.(Bet that didn't help any)

Well' date=' I do have the original tapings including "The Home Invaders" (don't know who said I don't) but wouldn't have a clue where to start.[/quote']That was me. Now I remember that it wasn't that you missed the taping -- it was that it had commercials because of the surprise party!

Here's a question for you guys with the original recordings off NBC......hopefully you recorded the commercials as well: Who were the primary sponsors of the show during the seasons? You know, was it Nestles every week or.....Folgers Coffee or was it some younger demographed product..?Just curious......

Here's a question for you guys with the original recordings off NBC......hopefully you recorded the commercials as well: Who were the primary sponsors of the show during the seasons? You know' date=' was it Nestles every week or.....Folgers Coffee or was it some younger demographed product..?Just curious......[/quote']I can't even begin to answer that question in any kind of complete and definitive way, but I have noticed that I on my handful of original broadasts w/ commercials, you'd get a few Chevy Camaro ads, which I found surprising; I'm an old commercial buff, but I had yet to come across an 80's vintage Camaro ad until I got these broadcasts. I think there was a Corvette one, as well. So, I'd say Chevrolet was at least one sponsor. But a primary sponsor, I couldn't say.I do know Domino's Pizza was a sponsor at one point as well. Watching Freefall and then having the Noid pop up during break is pretty eye-opening.

Michelob was a sponsor. I'm sure there was a variety of sponsors over it's five year run. Mostly, I cut out all the commercials, as I was NEVER gone on friday nights! I watched the shows, and learned how to perfectly time the editing of commercials, but include the bumpers. I got real good at it. I didn't want to keep fast forwarding past commercials, plus I could a couple more episodes to the tape.I have a few episodes with commercials, but not very many.

....Mostly' date=' I cut out all the commercials,.....I have a few episodes with commercials, but not very many.[/quote']I have the classic "Michael Dukakis & his M1 Tank" ads on one of my original MV run tapes...from the '88 Campaign ..

I'm an old ad buff anyway, but I love the old commercials; It's as close as you can get to actually being there watching in the 80's. Plus, there's no better time capsule than an old ad.

I have the classic "Michael Dukakis & his M1 Tank" ads on one of my original MV run tapes...from the '88 Campaign ..

THAT officially was the end for him. :D:DGawd, that brings back memories! Seeing him in that tank with that helmet on ..:D:D Too funny.

I'm an old ad buff anyway' date=' but I love the old commercials; It's as close as you can get to actually being there watching in the 80's. Plus, there's no better time capsule than an old ad.[/quote']Your right. I have (don't recall if it was Vice or Airwolf) JASON ALEXANDER from SEINFELD in an anti persperant or deoderant commercial before he was famous.Also, from the ones I DO have, many were made sylish FOR the MIAMI VICE audience copying the style. Hip camera angles, cool clothes, 80's music etc.. It was obviously trying to capture the attention of the VICE fans.

In regards to the two bikini girls in the opening credits, I just quick scanned this thread and didn't see a thorough answer to the original question. FWIW, my two cents:The clip of the girls coming out of the Carlyle could be considered to be MV stock footage, since that clip was part of the opening of the pilot episode where we first see Sonny at the steps of the Carlyle.As far as whether they appeared in other MV episodes, I believe I saw the blonde in an episode when someone is checking out a beach scene through binoculars, possibly the first beach scene in "Nobody Lives Forever." If I am correct, check the ep's closing credits for her name.

• Administrators

That was me. Now I remember that it wasn't that you missed the taping -- it was that it had commercials because of the surprise party!

That was "Give A Little, Take A Little" ;)

Your right. I have (don't recall if it was Vice or Airwolf) JASON ALEXANDER from SEINFELD in an anti persperant or deoderant commercial before he was famous.Also' date=' from the ones I DO have, many were made sylish FOR the MIAMI VICE audience copying the style. Hip camera angles, cool clothes, 80's music etc.. It was obviously trying to capture the attention of the VICE fans.[/quote']Jason Alexander also famously did the 1985 McDonald's ad for the McDLT. It was seriously a big musical number. It's all over Youtube, and I found a copy to make my own on an old airing of the Ewoks TV movie (*shudder*).As for commercials that copied Vice's style, this is one of my all-time favorites:http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r23/Frojackus/?action=view&current=PontiacWeBuildExcitement1987Commerc.flv