Election Day USA

Vicefan7777

Well, it's finally here.  After many months of rhetoric, dozens of annoying robot calls per day, promises, rallies and commercials it is time to elect our next President. This is America's peaceful revolution day. .  Our forefathers fought and died to have the right to vote for our representatives.  I have already voted and have been voting since I was 18.  It has been a contentious campaign with accusations from all sides.  I do not believe that America will collapse if one candidate wins over the other.  Yes, we have problems but we citizens will still survive.  I ask my fellow American Vicers to get out and vote.  It is your right and your duty.   

1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the new President. :p

Well said, and I would add that if you aren't a fan of what's happening with your government, make a change through your vote.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

I'm a European so it could be said that this election is none of my business but the the policies of the us president affects the entire planet.

Killary is an insane psychopathic maniac who wants to start a nuclear war and destroy the planet. Fortunately though it really looks she isn't going to win.

Trump is a crass, vulgar, coarse, crude, boorish, ignorant buffoon. I could never support him. I was really concerned about his foreign policy. I was terrified when he said he was seriously considering making the crazed madman John 'Walrus' Bolton as his Secretary of State, that would be the same as having Killary, but now it comes out that it's likely that Newt Gingrich will be his secretary of state. I have no love for him but has said that he wouldn't attack Syria so that's a relief.
Michael Flynn will probably be his defence secretary and he isn't in any way hostile to Russia. He even had lunch with Putin. Trump's foreign policy looks a lot less destructive than Killary's and just maybe there won't be a nuclear war under Trump. I had planned to hide in Tenerife if WWIII broke out under Killary.

It's likely that it will be Trump. Expect riots after the result

28 minutes ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

I'm a European so it could be said that this election is none of my business but the the policies of the us president affects the entire planet.

Killary is an insane psychopathic maniac who wants to start a nuclear war and destroy the planet. Fortunately though it really looks she isn't going to win.

Trump is a crass, vulgar, coarse, crude, boorish, ignorant buffoon. I could never support him. I was really concerned about his foreign policy. I was terrified when he said he was seriously considering making the crazed madman John 'Walrus' Bolton as his Secretary of State, that would be the same as having Killary, but now it comes out that it's likely that Newt Gingrich will be his secretary of state. I have no love for him but has said that he wouldn't attack Syria so that's a relief.
Michael Flynn will probably be his defence secretary and he isn't in any way hostile to Russia. He even had lunch with Putin. Trump's foreign policy looks a lot less destructive than Killary's and just maybe there won't be a nuclear war under Trump. I had planned to hide in Tenerife if WWIII broke out under Killary.

It's likely that it will be Trump. Expect riots after the result

Tommy Vercetti? Ha! Shit.. Never thought they'd let him out!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bilders said:

Tommy Vercetti? Ha! Shit.. Never thought they'd let him out!

He kept his head down, helps people forget.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Tommy Vercetti:

Killary is an insane psychopathic maniac who wants to start a nuclear war and destroy the planet.

The way I see it, Hillary Clinton isn't determined to start a nuclear war. You have to think of this more like one big giant game of nuclear chicken with the Russians.

Russia, and to some extent also China, are pretty much the last macroregions on Earth where the U.S. doesn't get to wield its influence on regional politics and economics. And the whole buildup of NATO forces in Eastern Europe at the moment and international trade agreements like TTIP and CETA only serve one purpose, and that is to yet again strengthen America's influence on Europe. To ensure that Europe maintains its ties to the Western Hemisphere and won't start a sphere of influence of its own together with Russia.

Anyway, the point is that Russia so far hasn't budged to U.S. aspirations of the U.S. wanting to be the sole dominating superpower on the planet. America's sphere of influence ends on the Russian border. And that is difficult, if not impossible to accept for certain hawks and neocons within the current and the likely new U.S administration and government.

So the hawks' hope is that this nuclear game of chicken will at some point cause the Russians to flinch and be subdued by the U.S. without a single shot fired. Thus weakening Russia's political standing and causing its importance on the world stage to suffer a decisive blow from which it might never recover. And it is no secret that one foreign policy goal of many hawks within the U.S. government is "regime change" in Russia. Regime change. Just imagine what that would sound like, or what kind of reaction it would provoke if another country would attempt to kick off "regime change" in the U.S..

But on the bottom line, it's immensely foolish, this whole game of nuclear chicken. If you look at all the near misses we had during the Cold War, where we were really very literally minutes away from complete global nuclear wipeout, then the lesson of history should be that we were just improbably lucky that it never happened. And least of all should it be seen as proof that ultimately, nuclear war will never happen anyway, no matter how reckless your foreign policy is.

I grew up as a Cold War kid, 60 miles from the East German border. We would have been completely wiped out, With about a 90 second warning. The whole of Germany would have been just one vast nuclear desert. The fear of World War 3 breaking out was practically with us every single day. As kids, we were taught in school what to do in the case of a nuclear attack, and given our geographical location, how pointless anything we would have done would have been anyway. And it was one thing back in the day to see Kansas City blown up in The Day After and figure you had half a chance because you lived in rural Montana. Germany itself would have looked like one big Kansas City.

I'm not on Trump's side, and not on Hillary's side either. I'm also not on the side of the Russians. As a pacifist, I will side with whoever respects peace enough to make sure there will not be a second Cold War.

Edited by Daytona74

Please folks, we (in the US, but especially here in Florida) have had this in our faces every day for (almost) the past two years, can we at least be free of it on here???

3 hours ago, Tony D. said:

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the new President. :p

Or as George Carlin once said, "Where's the logic in that? If you vote then you have no right to complain. If you elect dishonest, incompetent people that screw everything up, then you are responsible for what they have done":p

• Like 1

Nobody messed with the U.S.A. because we had a strong military and nuclear superiority. With our nuclear advantage other countries were not afraid that we use it to bully them & steal property from them. Obama weakened our military & navy. I believe Hillary will continue our decline.

Trump has said he will restore America's military, help our veterans & secure our borders in order to make America great again. Clinton has no such plan.

Trump seems to be the best choice! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

I feel sorry for the US. No matter who wins, it's only going to go downhill. 

But honestly, the voting is probably going to be rigged to let Hitlery win either way... I follow alternative media and "conspiracy theories". :)

Just checked on the results so far and…. Trump is winning:wuerg: What the hell is going on?. It's like we're in the twilight zone.

EDIT: Hilary's on suicide watch right about now.

Edited by Vincent Hanna

I totally agree even the financial markets are reacting and make it this point trump is a big god damn joke OMG my life has gone to hell and this seeing what is going on in the states right now is the damn icing . 

Yeah, I laughed out loud at the "Mexican Peso hits an all time low" headline. Asia isn't doing very good either following the news of soon to be President Trump.

The people freaking out over this is great. There was a guy on CNN saying "How do I explain Trump winning to my children" as he was half teary eyed. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

1 hour ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Yeah, I laughed out loud at the "Mexican Peso hits an all time low" headline. Asia isn't doing very good either following the news of soon to be President Trump.

The people freaking out over this is great. There was a guy on CNN saying "How do I explain Trump winning to my children" as he was half teary eyed. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

I think the biggest thing that swayed it was the healthcare, as everyone's cost just went through the roof before all of this, and my father was being badly effected by it too, as they told the company he was working for that they can no longer provide the same quality health care he had, or face being penalized with serious government fines about it, under a tax called the cadliac healthcare tax that was passed in 2010, and started kicking in around 2012 and was designed to get phased in over the next 4 years, really starting in 2016

where if your healthcare was deemed too luxurious, they would force them to give you lesser care, which results in the first five grand coming out of your pocket a 100% and then from then on out you pay 40% of the cost. meaning if you have a serious operation and have worked all of your life with good healthcare before all of this, your going broke from it now under it.

and everyone I spoke to, everyone I know and knew from the old retired guys who badly need their healthcare to stay alive to the people at the CVS were getting negatively effected by it.

as my father told me one of the clerks was crying when he went up to get something, and she told him a medication that she needs was going up from a 5 dollar co pay to something like 500 and that she cant afford it anymore.

and I think my reaction to the whole thing being over now is best described as a combination of everyone's reaction to the klingons leaving at 8:10 here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ncQup3BOE

Edited by Kavinsky

• Administrators
18 hours ago, mvnyc said:

Please folks, we (in the US, but especially here in Florida) have had this in our faces every day for (almost) the past two years, can we at least be free of it on here???

I have to agree!  Even up here in Toronto, Canada it's on TV ad nauseum.  

Now that Trump has won everyone thinks the end of the world is coming. Just a reminder here. Trump cannot just do what he wants. Things have to pass through congress to become a reality. That's why we have presidents and not dictators.

With that said let's just remember what they say about religion and politics. Bad topics to discuss.  Everyone has an opinion and as long as it remains civil this topic will remain open, but as soon as it starts going south....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Now that Trump has won everyone thinks the end of the world is coming.

That's what would've happened if Hillary had won. The witch was openly threatening nuclear war with the Ruskies in her speeches. Look at her record as Secretary of State. There would've been a nuclear holocaust if Killary won.

I can't thank the Republican voters enough for this. I think the whole planet is in their gratitute. They stopped Hillary Clinton and prevented a nuclear war. This might be the greatest thing Americans have ever done. They have saved the planet!!! Thanks! This is the best thing that could ever happen.

I never thought I'd be thankful to Republicans for anything. During the Bush years that was incomprehensible to me.
Trump is far from perfect but he has big attribute. He isn't Hillary Clinton. I don't think there will be a nuclear war under him. Trump's win was a vote against the immense evil and corruption of Hillary Clinton. Although it still would be better if it was President Sanders.

Now I'd like to see disgusting criminals Hillary and Bill arrested, tried and imprisoned for their crimes.

(This has been civil)

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Tommy Vercetti:

That's what would've happened if Hillary had won. The witch was openly threatening nuclear war with the Ruskies in her speeches. Look at her record as Secretary of State. There would've been a nuclear holocaust if Killary won.

Easy does it, pal... ;)

But in truth, Hillary Clinton probably would have been the bigger threat to political stability in Europe and to relations with Russia.

Whether you like Russia or not, and many people justifiably don't, the fact is, we, the West, have got our nukes pointed at them the same way they've got theirs pointed at us. Now if you imagine that scenario simplified down to two people holding loaded and cocked guns to each other's heads, then surely the best way to defuse that situation isn't calling each other names or making threats. How sure can you be that things won't get out of hand? Even if you're just doing it to make the other guy flinch, it's just as likely that you will get your head blown off.

For better or worse, peace will not be possible against the Russians, only with them. As part of a constructive relationship with mutual respect. And if we look at Clinton and most neocons, they've got zero of that.

It may seem incredibly unlikely, but I have a feeling that in spite of himself, Trump will be the more reasonable President in dealing with Russia than Clinton. Hillary is knee deep entangled with the neocon hawks in Washington and the Pentagon. They want to see Russia weakened and U.S. global power increased. But that isn't going to be the way forward. The risk is too great that a new Cold War could get hot. And we here in Europe, due to NATO's new buildup of forces along the Russian border, would be the first to  suffer the consequences. And direly.

Edited by Daytona74

2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Trump cannot just do what he wants. Things have to pass through congress to become a reality. That's why we have presidents and not dictators.

Except that Obama has proven that our 3 tiered government is no longer a deterrent when you have an overreaching President using Executive Orders as Obama has repeatedly demonstrated over the past 8 years, and a Congress unwilling to challenge him, as well as increasing numbers of leftist, activist Federal judges who don't support the Constitution.  As a conservative I am enjoying watching the Lamestream media talking heads try to rationalize the devastating defeat that was handed them, in spite of the major TV and Cable networks best efforts  to elect the most corrupt presidential candidate in history, and in doing so they expose how truly non-objective these media sources really are. And though admittedly I was not a Trump supporter, in as much as I was an ardent anti-Clinton debater, this election sends a clear message to the establishment politicians on both sides of the aisle that the American people will no longer tolerate the political Elites in power dictating policy to the people. The people in voting have said to Reps and Dems that: we will no longer stand idly by while our economy is decimated under failed liberal policies while the Rinos in Congress do nothing; we will no longer allow the open borders insanity that is overburdening our entitlement system and overtaxing local and state budgets; we don't want Obamacare;  we don't want a weaker military; we want the thousands of job-killing regulations reversed; and we reject the Soros-sponsored push toward Globalist economic policies that have decimated American jobs for decades. Trump has his faults and many warts, but his economic plan has a chance to reverse 8 years of stagnation, to raise GDP growth to something akin to a true economic recovery, and bring hope to the millions of Americans unable to find work in the current economy.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Sonny-Burnett:

As a conservative I am enjoying watching the Lamestream media talking heads try to rationalize the devastating defeat that was handed them, in spite of the major TV and Cable networks best efforts  to elect the most corrupt presidential candidate in history, and in doing so they expose how truly non-objective these media sources really are.

You couldn't help feeling a little bit gleeful at that, yes. And Clinton wasn't the "decent" candidate. She was not the morally obvious choice, no matter how much she tried to build her campaign on female voters and ethnic minorities and on political correctness, social justice and equal opportunity. You can accuse Trump of populism and incitement all you want. You can even say he's got no morals of his own. But the fact is, Clinton fought just as dirty as him, if not dirtier, and so did the liberal media who supported her.

How does the old saying go, never fight with pigs. You'll both get dirty and they'll like it. Well, Clinton actually proved that she was just as much a pig as Trump.

And if the people are fed up with the political establishment in Washington, then it will not help you that you've been part of that establishment for 30 years yourself. People will see you as part of the problem, not as the solution. And from what I gathered, that is one big reason why a greater number of people dislike Hillary.

I feel America is better off with Trump.............I know a lot of you disagree.

I don't want to beat a dead horse..... but I listened to Trump's acceptance speech and I was proud of how humble & presidential he was in his response to Hillary and how he would work with everyone in both parties & other countries. Also his attitude toward our police & veterans!

Even Glenn Beck who didn't like Trump, congratulated his speech & presidential manner.

• Like 1