Election Day USA

Vicefan7777

• Administrators

Hopefully voting in Trump has prevented World War 3 from happening... 

Trump is definitely the better out of the two, the fact that he's just a business man says that he doesn't have any evil agendas, he's going to focus on making the US great again. He also has to protect his own investments, a stable America helps the stock markets, so he'd want to get the country's stability back. 

Better than a lying thieving Satanist running the country.  

• Like 1

Sorry for the apolitical useless comment. I had a tough day at work yesterday and thought that would be best to just relax a bit and watch a couple episodes of Miami Vice. I was simply following the order of the Blu-Ray discs, so it was time to watch Give a Little, Take a Little and Little Prince. I didn't remember this at all, and it felt really weird when Mark Jorgenson Sr. (on Little Prince) said "I don't care if he was planning to leverage those assets to buy the Trump Tower". A crazy coincidence! Is there any other mention regarding Trump on Miami Vice, besides takes showing the Trump Tower on The Prodigal Son?

Well, I said it would be a useless comment!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ivoryjones said:

Sorry for the apolitical useless comment. I had a tough day at work yesterday and thought that would be best to just relax a bit and watch a couple episodes of Miami Vice. I was simply following the order of the Blu-Ray discs, so it was time to watch Give a Little, Take a Little and Little Prince. I didn't remember this at all, and it felt really weird when Mark Jorgenson Sr. (on Little Prince) said "I don't care if he was planning to leverage those assets to buy the Trump Tower". A crazy coincidence! Is there any other mention regarding Trump on Miami Vice, besides takes showing the Trump Tower on The Prodigal Son?

Well, I said it would be a useless comment!

Don't worry, I've been watching one episode per day for a few months now, and last night shortly after the elections (morning over in the US, night time here in Australia), I was up to the third episode of the fifth season (Heart in Night), and in the first scene they're in Ecuador introducing their new president - Mai Ying says "I fear for this country with that man as president." :)

Now THAT'S a coincidence. Even the fact that I had started the watch-through about 100 days ago and the dates lined up of presidential-ness. What are the odds?

• Like 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb James:

Hopefully voting in Trump has prevented World War 3 from happening...

I don't know if Hillary is even aware of the damage she caused as Secretary of State. I think she is just too steeped in the belief in American exceptionalism that it never occurred to her that you can't just endlessly step on other countries' toes just to advance your own perceived superiority.

Trump has said that he is against American (military) interventionism in the world. It remains to be seen if he can really keep that up when working together with Republican hardliners, who, more than anybody, laid the foundation for half the Middle East being up in flames nowadays.

That said, Trump seems to be more of a realist with respect to Middle East foreign policy than Hillary with her blind zealotry.

Scaling down American interventionism and military involvement in the politics of sovereign foreign nations, at this point, would at least be a welcome change.

Same with Russia. If you don't actually want to risk World War 3, whether you like it or not, you are going to have to get along with Russia. No matter what you think of Putin, you are going to have to meet him at eye level, and not demonize him as an autocrat, or attempt to bring about "regime change" in Russia by throwing hundreds of millions of dollars every year at NGOs which seek to undermine the authority of its democratically elected leader. Or by trying to get Russia  tangled up in proxy wars like the one in Syria just to serve your agenda of weakening Russia's standing on the world stage. Not to mention that these proxy wars do bear the risk of direct military confrontation between the U.S. and Russia.

I still believe Trump and the fact that he is now President are a disaster. But on balance, he just might be the smaller disaster than Hillary.

And about Hillary - you can shake your head in disbelief all you want. It's kind of pretty messed up that you've got a guy like Trump heading for the White House now. But let's be honest, Trump never would have won this if the Democrats had put up a decent candidate against him. It says something about the quality of your candidate if they can't even win against a racist xenophobe sexist blowhard like him.

Clinton lied and cheated her way to the Democratic candidacy within her party, she strongarmed Bernie Sanders out of the race with pretty unfair tactics, and she lives and breathes the corrupt political system that so many have now voted against. And therefore, her chickens have simply come home to roost now.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

This report is from the Clinton News Network but it's good despite that.

This is the 45th President:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA

To do that means he doesn't possess a properly functioning brain. I can't support this person. He will probably end up hanging upside down from a petrol station like his role model Mussoloni.
I blame KKKillary for stealing the nomination from the rightful candidate.

So I like to see what is happening from time to time at my former university, Michigan State.  I just read today that the school is providing grief counselling for those students who cannot accept the election results for President.  Really?  If these 18-24 year olds cannot accept there is a winner and a loser in every competition then they are not ready for the real world. 

• Like 2

Vicefan:

Reminds me of a tweet by Richard Dawkins not so long ago:

Zitat

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.

How did our generation even survive college, huh...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

To do that means he doesn't possess a properly functioning brain. I can't support this person. He will probably end up hanging upside down from a petrol station like his role model Mussoloni.
I blame KKKillary for stealing the nomination from the rightful candidate.

This video is just rehashing old things that should be left in the past. 

Glenn Beck, who is no fan of Trump, said he is deleting everything Trump has said in the past & will start with a clean slate to give him a fair shake.

5 hours ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

That's not a good report.  It's a terrible report.  Not only is it a false story, but the media knew the story was false when they ran it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/08/31/ann-coulter-media-invented-lie-trump-mocking-disabled-reporter/

• Administrators

Ok, I need to vent about something.

I just find it pathetic that the Clinton voters can't accept the fact that their side lost. Take the loss and move on, what is crying about it going to accomplish? 

So annoying seeing Hilary's fans all over social media being sore losers. Trump isn't even in office yet, give the man a chance - Then if you don't like it, complain... THEN, not now. There's absolutely no need to create civil unrest over it. 

The mainstream media are just as bad, they're still mocking Trump like they're trying to get people to dislike him. It's no secret that the big media corporations were always supporting Hilary though, so it's not surprising. 

I'm not even American and this is annoying me. It makes your country look pathetic. 

As we say in Australia - Eat a teaspoon of concrete and harden up. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, James said:

I'm not even American and this is annoying me. It makes your country look pathetic. 

As we say in Australia - Eat a teaspoon of concrete and harden up. 

You are spot on James.  I saw a foreign news report that was showing only riots in the streets of America.  Watching this report would make anyone think the USA had fallen into a state of anarchy. This is not the way we law abiding citizens should be portrayed. If enough Clinton supporters had actually gone out to vote she would be the President-elect.  This is suppose to be a peaceful transition of power by a vote of the people.  As a former member of our military I pledged to uphold the right to peaceful protest and I will still defend that right, but this burning of our flag, stopping freeway traffic, looting businesses has got to stop. 

• Like 2

It is terrifying that the insane John Bolton could be in Trump's cabinet as secretary of state or a foreign policy advisor. That guy is a dangerous fanatical lunatic who wants endless war and what he wants would trigger WW3.
If Trump thinks starting more wars in the Middle East will make America great again then he is wrong. Besides there isn't much more they can do to the Middle East as most of it is destroyed and in ruins because of the policies of Bush and Obama. It's caused the creation of ISIS and a horrible refugee crisis.

I'll be big enough to retract the diabled reporter thing, although it really does look like he's doing a disabled bent arm motion. I still think he's a grotesque unintelligent idiot and is very dangerous

As disastrous as I think Trump will be as President. well... you've got to accept it when your candidate didn't win. That's what an election in a democracy is. The other side just might win, and your guy just might lose. And even if that's the most horrible thing in the world to you, the only way to change that would be to turn your country into a dictatorship. In which case you could only hope that "your" guy is the dictator.

Yes, but again, if Liberals and other Hillary supporters are now up in arms and cry foul (I've even read somewhere that some Liberals now say the election was "stolen" from them... imagine that!), then that makes them no better than Trump. Somebody else winning against your candidate does not mean anybody stole anything from you. Or anybody.

And Trump should have kept his mouth shut just the same way as disappointed Hillary supporters now.

And as I said above, if your candidate couldn't even win against a sexist xenophobic racist like Trump, then that makes your party look almost as bad as him.

I realize there is a lot of angst and concern about Trump, esp as it pertains to his personality, and that does leave a lot to desire, as well as concern over his evolving policies. And I realize that those living outside the US and especially close to the Russian borders may have a totally different outlook than those of us here in the States, but honestly, I do not fear WW3 with the Russians happening any time soon. There are many checks and balances on both sides to prevent this and the concept of MAD still exists even from Cold War days. That there are tensions between the US and Russia is not new, and it will pass with a more engaged administration  If anything I am far more concerned with a rogue nation or state (ISIS for example) acquiring a nuke and setting it off somewhere.

IMO, what Trump and his Admin needs to focus on are working with Congress to pass meaningful legislation supporting jobs growth, trade policy, tax policy, repealing the disaster known as Obamacare, and securing the borders. We have 1% (barely breathing) average GDP growth under Obama, the worst post-recession recovery since the Great Depression,  and 60 to 90 Million working age Americans out of the work force. As was said in a past election "It's the economy, stupid" . I have seen first hand how we are failing in our tax polices, our trade policies and in our crushing regulations on small businesses, the engine of our economy. Through appointments he needs to  reverse the judicial imbalance that has swung far left to something more centrist, and he needs to coordinate with our allies the elimination of ISIS as a global threat. In my view they are a far greater threat to the West than Putin.

As to the snowflakes protesting and rioting over the election they need to step back and go to their "safe spaces", get some counseling and realize the elections were fair and decided with a clear majority of voters. And to all those more rational folks on the left, I ask them accept it and move on, and give Trump a chance to lead. Obama had his chance and was a bitter disappointment to most.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, James said:

So annoying seeing Hilary's fans all over social media being sore losers. Trump isn't even in office yet, give the man a chance - Then if you don't like it, complain... THEN, not now. There's absolutely no need to create civil unrest over it. 

Call me an optimist (which I'm usually not) but based on the meeting Trump had with president Obama and the comments made by PM Trudeau I think we are going to see a very different Donald Trump once he's officially in office.  I agree with James. Give the man a chance, he may very well surprise us all. If not, THEN you can say "I told you so"

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Call me an optimist (which I'm usually not) but based on the meeting Trump had with president Obama and the comments made by PM Trudeau I think we are going to see a very different Donald Trump once he's officially in office.  I agree with James. Give the man a chance, he may very well surprise us all. If not, THEN you can say "I told you so"

You are so right, Lou!    The Trump haters on this site are just repeating all the old clichés about Trump.

It's time to stop stirring up old, bad memories and start listening to how Trump acted with Clinton, Obama and explaining his policies for his 1st hundred days as President.

As Ferrariman said, "Give the man a chance!"

7 hours ago, James said:

So annoying seeing Hilary's fans all over social media being sore losers.

They are all shocked because the pollsters had it SO wrong and the biased Lamestream Media, such as the Clinton News Network, also got it so wrong. They were lied to and believed Hillary was a shoe-in.   And I agree.. their public displays on social media (but that's another issue) are annoying and pathetic, as though they never learned to deal with adversity.

I'm still waiting for the dozens of faux-celebrities who promised to leave the country to actually do so. Anyone want to take in Miley Cyrus, Whoopi Goldberg, or Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 3:58 PM, Tommy Vercetti said:

How did Donald Trump get so rich? I'm sure cocaine traffiking probably had something to do with it. And he most likely did business with the mob.

"Behind every great fortune there is a great crime" - Honore de Balzac

Sorry, Tommy, but it's not good to spread unsubstantiated rumors.  That's what the media has been doing all along.

7 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

They are all shocked because the pollsters had it SO wrong and the biased Lamestream Media, such as the Clinton News Network, also got it so wrong. They were lied to and believed Hillary was a shoe-in.   And I agree.. their public displays on social media (but that's another issue) are annoying and pathetic, as though they never learned to deal with adversity.

I'm still waiting for the dozens of faux-celebrities who promised to leave the country to actually do so. Anyone want to take in Miley Cyrus, Whoopi Goldberg, or Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

Sharpton changed his tune......real quick! :p

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

Sharpton changed his tune......real quick!

Lol...you know Tony of all the faux-celebrities who are backpedaling now about leaving, I expected Al Sharp-tongue to be the one who actually would leave. He owes the US Treasury around $4 million in back taxes, and Trump may actually force him to pay up. ;):)

• Like 2

I have been voting since 1980.  Sometimes I picked the winner of the election.  Sometimes I picked the loser.  I did not rant and go out looting when my candidate lost.  I respected the results and moved on with life. That is how I was raised.  I was taught to give the winner a chance to prove himself.  I do not understand why the Hillary supporters cannot do the same. 

• Like 4