Miami Vice reboot happening for real now?

Daytona74

11 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

M.PI and Shatner? 

See the source image

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Titus said:

Good points, Robbie C. I do wonder why DJ was never able to recapture the level of success he had on Miami Vice. And you're right, Shatner was always 100% committed... even in Priceline ads. Hm... food for thought.

Probably because you can't recapture Vice in of itself today either. Good luck Vin Diesel! -.-

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Titus said:

Yeah, good point. THIEF is solid and HEAT was good.

In my opinion "Thief" is a masterpiece, one of the greatest films of all time, better than "Heat" And when Michael Mann created "Heat" it was such an influential film, it had a huge impact on Christoper Nolan career and sort created a culture, just look at the GTA franchise.

If Heat wasn't made films like "Drive" would not have happened. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

Funny, Vice City was to be based more on Scarface than VCS was to be based more on Vice but I feel it more that Vice City felt more based on Vice, especially with the sheer amount of references in it. I mean they even had a screenshot from Bought and Paid For in the intro for Vice City!

Just now, Assasinge said:

Funny, Vice City was to be based more on Scarface than VCS was to be based more on Vice but I feel it more that Vice City felt more based on Vice, especially with the sheer amount of references in it. I mean they even had a screenshot from Bought and Paid For in the intro for Vice City!

I agree. VCS had a more Scarface feel, which makes chronological sense if you put the games in game time (not release) order. Scarface put its stamp on Miami first in some ways, and VCS shows that. 

An influence on GTA 4 as well.

Image result for gta 4 bank robbery mission

Both tonally and aesthetically, though the "Three Leaf Clovers" mission in Grand Theft Auto 4 is an obvious, all-out homage to the central heist in Heat. Niko uses the same gun to commit the heist, and wears a similar costume (suit and balaclava). A character named "Michael" also dies in both the movie and the game during the escape.

Edited by RedDragon86

GTA games borrow from so many franchises I think it's difficult to claim there's one predominate influence except in certain games in the franchise (Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA V). Sure, there's a heist in GTA IV that can track back to Heat, but I'm sure mob movie aficionados could point out other elements in IV that came from other movies in their genre. The ground for the claim of Heat's influence is much more solid with GTA V (I tend to think indisputable). But the entire IV franchise is much more eclectic.

41 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

An influence on GTA 4 as well.

Image result for gta 4 bank robbery mission

Both tonally and aesthetically, though the "Three Leaf Clovers" mission in Grand Theft Auto 4 is an obvious, all-out homage to the central heist in Heat. Niko uses the same gun to commit the heist, and wears a similar costume (suit and balaclava). A character named "Michael" also dies in both the movie and the game during the escape.

Off topic but you prefer IV or TBOGT? As much as I enjoyed 4 I find myself llayong TBOGT wayy more than 4 today for sure.

2 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Off topic but you prefer IV or TBOGT? As much as I enjoyed 4 I find myself llayong TBOGT wayy more than 4 today for sure.

I prefer TBOGT for sure. Better characters and the plot was more focused. I always felt they kept Nico too shadowed. 

1 hour ago, Assasinge said:

I liked 4 more but I thought TBOGT was better online, advanced weaponry and rotorcrafts etc.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

Yeah, I liked the weaponry and the more crazy happy vibe to TBOGT, it felt like a modern day Vice City to me. I loved 4 too but they dropped the ball with it in a lot of places, the mafia stuff dragged on too long and the real threat, Bulgarin I believe just disappeared and only appeared at the end of the game again? Dunno what was up with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Cmon....a real deal obssessed guy would be a member of this site....

I've often thought of that. I think he's here, but his [family/wife/whoever] told him to tone it down and he left, only to sign up again under an anonymous name ;) . (No, not me.)

1 hour ago, Mr. Calderon said:

By the way...sometimes i  think you have to be a minimum 10% arrogant to be a star.  

I think the figure is higher. I'd go with 100%.

Geena Davis on Letterman once said something along the lines of, "You and I both know, Dave, that to make it in this industry, we have to believe we're one hundred percent better than everyone else" and Dave nodded or said something that confirmed it. (This was back in the "Thelma & Louise" era.)

• Like 1

This isn’t meant for any specific actor or actress...just in general: Anyone can be arrogant or a jerk...that does NOT make you a star! ;) A true actor or “star” cares about his/her craft and abilities, and hones in on or utilizes them to try and make whatever project they’re working on the best it can be. It’s one thing to be bold or stand your ground...but ultimately the narcissistic persona ends up hampering or hurting your career, even if you still work. The down to earth & nice actors who treat everyone with respect are usually the ones most respected in the business, too.

• Like 1

I agree with the gist of what you're saying, ViceFanMan.  But I also feel like acting is a career where a person needs to have a lot of focus, drive, and belief in themselves, and a lot of desire/motivation to keep putting oneself out there in order to be successful--because there are plenty of opportunities for failure and criticism.  That's the piece that can be perceived as arrogance and narcissism (it can also truly be arrogance and narcissism). 

Lots of professions have very successful people--stars--who have those traits.  They're not always the greatest human beings, but  the ones who are honest can see the truth about themselves--that they have a drive and a belief in what they're doing that allows them to keep going in spite of frequent opportunities to choose the wrong project, or to miss out on what might be a career-making role.

Arrogance doesn't make you a star, but that kind of drive and confidence (or appearance of confidence) is often found in highly talented and successful people in many professions.  The smartest ones admit it and make efforts to see past their own wants and needs to do something for others. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

I agree with the gist of what you're saying, ViceFanMan.  But I also feel like acting is a career where a person needs to have a lot of focus, drive, and belief in themselves, and a lot of desire/motivation to keep putting oneself out there in order to be successful--because there are plenty of opportunities for failure and criticism.  That's the piece that can be perceived as arrogance and narcissism (it can also truly be arrogance and narcissism). 

Lots of professions have very successful people--stars--who have those traits.  They're not always the greatest human beings, but  the ones who are honest can see the truth about themselves--that they have a drive and a belief in what they're doing that allows them to keep going in spite of frequent opportunities to choose the wrong project, or to miss out on what might be a career-making role.

Arrogance doesn't make you a star, but that kind of drive and confidence (or appearance of confidence) is often found in highly talented and successful people in many professions.  The smartest ones admit it and make efforts to see past their own wants and needs to do something for others. 

well...you dont need to be a pavarotti to get a gold record.

• Haha 1

From my old pal, MennoInMiami...

Seems they are allowing us to dream about...

Maybe....maybeeee....

71214213_387243765302981_6642921811010912256_n.jpg

Edited by Mr. Calderon