Miami Miscellaneous

miamijimf

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

I think one was Cocaine Cowboys II.  Not as good as the first one.

Yes, and another one was about marijuana smuggling that started a little earlier.  It had an odd title.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 8:01 PM, pahonu said:

Yes, and another one was about marijuana smuggling that started a little earlier.  It had an odd title.

if you are talking of Blow it's not a documentary, but a movie, and a book as well. I recommend the book. much different, and much more complete than the movie

1 hour ago, jpaul1 said:

if you are talking of Blow it's not a documentary, but a movie, and a book as well. I recommend the book. much different, and much more complete than the movie

No, it wasn’t Blow, it was a documentary about pot smuggling by the same director as Cocaine Cowboys.  I’ll look it up.

It’s called Square Grouper: The Godfathers of Ganja.  Here’s a trailer:

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 3

Hi guys, i need some surgeons here. somebody knows the hotel name where J. Dallessandro enumerates a guy on a balcony all the names of his house street, children school, etc.. what is the name of that hotel

edit: found. Tiffany Condo. 10175 Collins Avenue, Bal Harbour. CGlide site is a gold mine

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 2

vor 23 Minuten schrieb jpaul1:

Hello, is it Mc carthy house

is it la libertad?

and is it first Florida black women and men cementary

Two times yes, correct. The cemetery looks not like the one used in Tale of the goat (was one real and one fake one next to each other). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Crandon Park, 1960s. This section was seen in “Calderone’s Demise”(Return Pt 2), “Golden Triangle”’(Pt 2), “Leap of Faith” and the end credits in “El Viego” and a few more.

DB1A0A5E-DFE6-46D7-849C-71EF528D8E1E.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about SoBe going downhill.  There have been deaths, rapes etc etc.  They instituted an 8PM curfew but I doubt if that will work.  Need National Guard.  It all started a few years ago during Memorial Day but now disorder is happening during Spring Break.  Hopefully it is only during holiday periods.  Terrible.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On March 26, 1915, with a population of only 150 people, Miami Beach's 33 registered voters (all men), gathered in the Lummus Building on the NE corner of Ocean Drive and Biscayne Street and incorporated the area as the Town of Miami Beach.

1262834392_OnMarch261915withapopulationofonly150peopleMiamiBeachs33registeredvoters(allmen)gatheredi-eanDriveandBiscayneStreetandincorporatedtheTownofMiamiBeach.jpg.e19195ea2b2ac6e306131b7fb04e48f8.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

On March 26, 1915, with a population of only 150 people, Miami Beach's 33 registered voters (all men), gathered in the Lummus Building on the NE corner of Ocean Drive and Biscayne Street and incorporated the area as the Town of Miami Beach.

1262834392_OnMarch261915withapopulationofonly150peopleMiamiBeachs33registeredvoters(allmen)gatheredi-eanDriveandBiscayneStreetandincorporatedtheTownofMiamiBeach.jpg.e19195ea2b2ac6e306131b7fb04e48f8.jpg

If they could have seen your previous post, they probably would have reconsidered. :) 

Awesome photo/info, Jim. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

If they could have seen your previous post, they probably would have reconsidered. :) 

Awesome photo/info, Jim. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Yes I know this latest disorder is terrible.  Knowing something about the MB Police I have faith that they will be prepared next holiday period, with reinforcements if necessary.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb miamijimf:

Kinda „Spring break“ 100 years ago with 33 party goers ! :)
What a difference!

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

i don't know what's happening to the world right now. it looks like a stupidity competition everywhere you look. like if most of humans had decided to give up using their brain. i have to say that it confuses me a little me. is it a virus that attacks the brain or something?

• Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb jpaul1:

i don't know what's happening to the world right now. it looks like a stupidity competition everywhere you look. like if most of humans had decided to give up using their brain. i have to say that it confuses me a little me. is it a virus that attacks the brain or something?

The competition is called COVID - "Competition on Vulgar and Idiotic Demeanor". :birdie:

Trump was one of the early "adopters", now it´s everywhere as you said....

• Haha 2

Tom, you do great work but aren't you getting a little political here by a slap at a former United States President?  Isn't that taboo on this Miami Vice site?  Please stop.