What Songs Do You hate?

Ferrariman

• Administrators

I was going to post this in  "What Are You Listening To Right Now?"  but that would spin the topic in a totally different direction and that would be hijacking a topic. 

I was born in the 50's so I grew up with music from the 60's and 70's before we reached the incredible 80's but there are some songs or artists that I listened to then that I absolutely can't stand anymore.  Now just remember this is my opinion only. I'm sure many won't agree with me and that's fine. So at the risk of ruffling some feathers here is a short list of songs that make me dive for the channel button on my stereo when I hear them!

My number 1  "Hotel California" by the Eagles      Played to death on the radio,  this song has simply worn out it's welcome.

"Stairway to Heaven"  by Led Zepplin   I never quite understood why it was so great except that it was by Zepplin.  

Anything else by Zepplin

Anything by the Beatles

That's a start. There will be more to come. What's your favorite "love to hate" song?

• Like 2

• Administrators

I like early Beatles but I really hate late Beatles, from like 1966 - 1970. A lot of their later songs especially the ones on their Abbey Road album, they make no sense and I cannot stand it anymore. Especially Come Together, Hey Jude...

I also hate 90% of anything by The Rolling Stones. 

And I'm sick of AC/DC because my Dad listens to them full blast all the time for my whole life. 

Stairway to Heaven

Bohemian Rhapsody

99.99% of the pop music on the radio today

I'm sure there will be more to come, that's just all I can think of off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

@JamesHey Jude is Paul’s message to John’s son Julian. Does that help?

Have you read or heard about the recent Quincy Jones interview where he sounds off on these topics? I think you would really enjoy it. :) 

• Like 2

Here's a small list:

Almost any songs from the Eurovision Song Contest, it's just too cheesy. 

Generally not a fan of the Beatles - An example would be "Yesterday"

Not a fan of The Rolling Stones. Only one exception would be "Miss You," that I heard on Miami Vice. 

Eric Clapton - "Heaven" 

Elvis Presley - "It's now or never." It's been played too many times.

Michael Jacksons "We are the world" and "Beat it". But at the same time, I never get tired of "Billie Jean," that's been played to death.  :)

And yes today's pop music is awful. 

"Moves like Jagger" by Maroon 5 has become tiring to listen to. 

Edited by summer84

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, summer84 said:

"Moves like Jagger" by Maroon 5 has become tiring to listen to. 

Oh my God I hate that song! The worst part is that it gets stuck in my head whenever I hear it!

Also agree on "Bohemian Rhapsody"  

Another that's been played and used to death by Queen is "We Are The Champions"

Can't stand to listen to Bob Dylan moan or Neil Young whine like a dying cat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Generally, I hate almost all RAP and Hip Hop....noise masquerading as music. Case in point.. Gangsta Rap glamorizing assaulting women.

Or anything sung by celebrities such as She's Like the Wind by Swayzie.  And no I didn't like DJs songs either like Heartbeat , or Eddie Murphy's Party all the Time

I'll give Bruce Wiliis a Pass on Respect Yourself sung in Lend me an Ear..it was not bad.
Wasn't a fan of the McCartney and Wings music, though i liked the earlier Beatles stuff. 

Anything by AC/DC....screaming masquerading as a song,  or Black Sabbath and Ozzie. 

Anything by other Boy bands such as New Kids on the Block, Menudo (Izzy's lady was on their tour), 98 Degrees, Bieber (ugh), One Direction. 

Anything by Dylan as Ferrariman mentioned.  And yes Neil Young was once a thing in the 70s, but he has definitely not been on my radar for many moons. 

Bette Midler, Wind Beneath my Wings....makes me want to poke my eardrums

Bettie Davis Eyes by Kim Karnes, the female Rod Stewart but with way less talent. ugh

Don't Worry be Happy by Bobby McFerrin

Milli Vanilli and their lipsynced hits (Blame it on the Rain)

Wake Me Up before you go go by Wham and George Michael

Puttin on the Ritz  (can't remember the group)

Like a Virgin by Madonna  

most Debbie Gibson Bubble Gum music and other artists of the same sacharine genre.

Cat Scratch Fever  by Ted Nugent

Fine Young Cannibals' She Dives me Crazy.

Boy George/Culture Club, Karma Chameleon

This list can be almost ENDLESS  ;):)

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

• Administrators

"Puttin On The Ritz" was by some clown named Taco   although I liked the version in "Young Frankenstein" by Peter Boyle and Gene Wilder!  (God rest their souls) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I've always liked that song  and the youtube video is weird.

Ooooops, just realized these were songs you hated. I failed paying attention 101. :)

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Generally, I hate almost all RAP and Hip Hop....noise masquerading as music. Case in point.. Gangsta Rap glamorizing assaulting women.

Or anything sung by celebrities such as She's Like the Wind by Swayzie.  And no I didn't like DJs songs either like Heartbeat , or Eddie Murphy's Party all the Time

I'll give Bruce Wiliis a Pass on Respect Yourself sung in Lend me an Ear..it was not bad.
Wasn't a fan of the McCartney and Wings music, though i liked the earlier Beatles stuff. 

Anything by AC/DC....screaming masquerading as a song,  or Black Sabbath and Ozzie. 

Anything by other Boy bands such as New Kids on the Block, Menudo (Izzy's lady was on their tour), 98 Degrees, Bieber (ugh), One Direction. 

Anything by Dylan as Ferrariman mentioned.  And yes Neil Young was once a thing in the 70s, but he has definitely not been on my radar for many moons. 

Bette Midler, Wind Beneath my Wings....makes me want to poke my eardrums

Bettie Davis Eyes by Kim Karnes, the female Rod Stewart but with way less talent. ugh

Don't Worry be Happy by Bobby McFerrin

Milli Vanilli and their lipsynced hits (Blame it on the Rain)

Wake Me Up before you go go by Wham and George Michael

Puttin on the Ritz  (can't remember the group)

Like a Virgin by Madonna  

most Debbie Gibson Bubble Gum music and other artists of the same sacharine genre.

Cat Scratch Fever  by Ted Nugent

Fine Young Cannibals' She Dives me Crazy.

Boy George/Culture Club, Karma Chameleon

This list can be almost ENDLESS  ;):)

Wouldn't it have been easier to just name the ones you like? :p

• Haha 3

I may get kicked off the site for this, but at least hear me out :) 

I love the song “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” BECAUSE the bass guitar part is completely awesome from beginning to end. If you are ever forced to endure that song for some reason, just focus on the bass guitar. It’s so great!

Well, it’s been nice knowing all of you! :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I love the song “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” BECAUSE the bass guitar part is completely awesome from beginning to end. If you are ever forced to endure that song for some reason, just focus on the bass guitar. It’s so great!

I agree, you're banned as soon as I figure out how to do it! :D

• Haha 3

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Hell I thought I'd get kicked off this site for posting this topic!  lol   All kidding aside, music is a very serious topic for a lot of us and this, as i said before, is in no way meant to insult anyone.  D, with your talent,  I can only assume that you hear things in music that most of us are completely unaware of. Which totally gets you off the hook for liking that song! ;)

:):):) 

Thanks, @Ferrariman

Yes, as a musician (or someone involved in the process of making music), there are many songs that you find certain aspects about the production or performance that draw you to (or push you away from) them which may go unnoticed by people who are completely on receiving end of a musical experience. It’s a blessing and a curse. 

In the end, there are only two kinds of music: good and bad. Unfortunately, all genres contain both. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timm525 said:

Wouldn't it have been easier to just name the ones you like? :p

Nah, that was my short list. I could go on....:)

• Haha 1

Ok, here is my pick for the song I absolutely cannot stand.  I have been hearing it at every wedding reception my wife and I have attended since the song first tried to destroy my hearing in the mid 1990s.  That song is "Macarena".  It, in my opinion, is a hideous piece of garbage. It is like a bug that needs to be immediately crushed.  I could use more offensive words but I am keeping my language clean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Ok, here is my pick for the song I absolutely cannot stand.  I have been hearing it at every wedding reception my wife and I have attended since the song first tried to destroy my hearing in the mid 1990s.  That song is "Macarena".  It, in my opinion, is a hideous piece of garbage. It is like a bug that needs to be immediately crushed.  I could use more offensive words but I am keeping my language clean. 

2B651EDF-3DDC-45BA-AD05-8A7BD7D9E1FD.gif

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Ok Dadrian, one last time before I try to erase this song from my memory bank forever. :evil:

• Haha 1

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Ok whomever is doing the dancing here is certainly NOT anyone from Michael Jackson's Thriller video. The choreography has some opportunities for improvement. Almost reminds me off a bunch of drunken chicks at football game trying to start a wave. :)

• Administrators

Yes, I forgot about Michael Jackson. I hate all Michael Jackson songs except for "Wanna Be Startin' Something", and that's only because of GTA Vice City. Whenever his music starts playing it's always switch over to another station or song. Overrated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Apart from Come Together, I loathe The Beatles. I'm more of a Doors man.

The Rolling Stones are good but overrated.

I can't stand Black Dog by Zeppelin. Lol I still love Stairway to Heaven however.

Queen is overrated although they have some great songs. However, Bohemian Rhapsody irritates the hell outta me. Especially the beginning.

I hate grunge. Nirvana, Pear Jam. It almost ruined rock in the 90s. Thank God for Oasis.

Apart from Linkin Park, I hate rap. Especially nowadays.

I like the first Maroon 5 album but Moves Like Jaggar is terrible.

"Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum but I have some back story.  My parents got a new car when I was young and it came with a CD player and a Ford demo CD.  There were only like 6 songs on it and this was one of them.  One summer trip they played the CD over and over and I grew to dislike this song immensely.  To this day I will change the station whenever it is on.