What Songs Do You hate?

Ferrariman

I HATE that "Down Under - Men at Work" song. If I were to go on that Room 101 tv show, I'm casting everyone involved in making it into oblivion forever.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:07 AM, James said:

I was listening to some random oldies on Spotify last night, when Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild started playing. It was then that I realised that I actually hate it and cannot stand that song anymore. Just another one of those "overplayed" songs I suppose. 

Haha Yeah it's one of those songs you feel like you have to like 'cause it's on MV and Easy Rider. It's grown on me but used to dislike it.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Haha Yeah it's one of those songs you feel like you have to like 'cause it's on MV and Easy Rider. It's grown on me but used to dislike it.

Yeah exactly, the only reason it's still in my playlists is because of MV, but I find that I always skip it 99% of the time. 

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Don't get me wrong, Bryan Adams isn't a bad artist. And I like some of his other stuff. But this song just aggravates me every time I hear it, because it has just been played to death for decades. To me, it's about as bad as We Built This City by Starship.

• Administrators

I agree. Most songs make it to the hated list because they are played to death!   Another on that list would be "We Are The Champions" by Queen.   Has anybody in the world that has ever won anything, NOT used that song!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I agree. Most songs make it to the hated list because they are played to death!   Another on that list would be "We Are The Champions" by Queen.   Has anybody in the world that has ever won anything, NOT used that song!  

You just won a free video!! :) :) :) 

The sad thing is IMO, We Are The Champions really is a pretty darn great song, one of Queen's best from the 70s, up there with Bohemian Rhapsody. It has just turned into one of the most tired clichés imaginable...

But here's a song that just makes me nauseous: :thumbsdown:

It is just one of the most annoying songs of the whole last 15 years to me. Not just the original version in its own right, which annoyed the cr*p out of me when it was played ten times a day on the radio when it first came out, but also the fact that there was a time a little over ten years ago when every sparsely talented entertainment band gave its own horrible rendition of it at every single wedding you went to.

I always thought, "You're darn right I don't feel like dancing... to this musical atrocity...!" :p

Edited by Daytona74

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
13 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

Seen by many as the low point of 80s corporate rock. And I agree... 

It's not a great song, but it's sort of a guilty pleasure for me... Or was. It isn't my favourite Starship song by far. :) 

1 hour ago, James said:

It's not a great song, but it's sort of a guilty pleasure for me... Or was. It isn't my favourite Starship song by far. :) 

Same. 

On 6/17/2018 at 12:30 PM, Vincent Hanna said:

You know, I think the thing with Born to Be Wild is that it's the "You talkin' to me?" of music. Kind of like the famous line in Taxi Driver it seems like it's been copied and aped so much that it's been removed of it's original flavor and context. Outside of the film Easy Rider (yes, I'll even have to throw Vice under the bus for this one) it just seems ridiculously forced and makes essentially a joke of it much like "You talkin' to me?" has become.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb agent 47:

You know, I think the thing with Born to Be Wild is that it's the "You talkin' to me?" of music. Kind of like the famous line in Taxi Driver it seems like it's been copied and aped so much that it's been removed of it's original flavor and context. Outside of the film Easy Rider (yes, I'll even have to throw Vice under the bus for this one) it just seems ridiculously forced and makes essentially a joke of it much like "You talkin' to me?" has become.

Yeah it's kind of a bit too "Look at me, I'm badass", if you just take it for what it is.

I still have good memories of this song. Back in my wild days, I used to go to a small town dance club on weekends now and then that played that kind of music. I mean, hard rock in general, and it was frequented mostly by rockers and biker types.

It's quite a funny experience to be rocking out to that song on the dance floor, surrounded by about three dozen long haired bikers headbanging and playing air guitar to it with abandon. :)

Edited by Daytona74