Crockett's Drink of Choice

MVfan

In response to what Coop said about Don making a face or grinning, I did notice in Back In The World, in the bar at lunch with Stone, when Crockett is drinking JD, he definitely makes a face or grins, I'm a drinker of JD myself and it does give you quite a burn in the throat, so you do kind of make a face I suppose. xD

I love JD and I am fan of Buffalo Trace Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey and straight vodka too.So I am a tough broad with my alcohol  

Happy St Patrick's Day!   Thought I'd bump this thread for those who haven't seen it before, and perhaps to incite a little imbibing this evening.  :)

( & Hats off to timm525 for his sleuthing.)

Made me a little nostalgic seeing the tax stamp label on the top of the bottle in picture 2.  They don't do that anymore.

• 2 years later...
On 4/16/2009 at 9:20 PM, timm525 said:

Well there were a whole lot of JD bottles through out the series. Take a look at the bottle he is drinking on the boat after Caitlin dies and Tubbs comes aboard. JD all the way IMHO.

On the recommendation from someone I know well, I've recently gotten into Jack Daniels myself... but not in the traditional sense. I'm liking their new flavored blends in the evenings on the rocks.  Jack Daniels Honey and Fire.  Honey is fairly smooth with a bit of a whiskey aftertaste, while Fire is a stronger cinnamon liqueur. 

Image result for jack daniels fire and honey

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I made this for the glossary years ago. Since this thead has been resurrected I thought I'd update the old links.

• Like 2

1st episode a bottle of Wild Turkey (the only drink besides Lowenbrau that goes by it's actual name on the series) is prominently seen on his boat with a pack of Lucky Strikes.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/16/2009 at 1:49 PM, MVfan said:

This is something I thought of that I've never paid attention to while watching MV. When Sonny's shown in a bar, what kind of drink does he usually order? This may be a silly question, but I've honestly never noticed. Did he have a "usual"?

Typically he would order a Black Jack. I've heard that is a mixed shot of black liquorice and Jack Daniels.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, Kladdagh said:

You know, when I used to smoke, I took the lucky strikes because of Crockett's choice. I was youg at that time :)

Yeah I saw DJ smoke them in the movie “Return to Macon County”.

Edited by Boca Raton
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2009 at 9:02 AM, COOPER&BURNETT said:

Great stuff Tim!I'm completely sold!Your evidence is OVERWHELMING!Of course they could have slightly changed the label. Look how things change. JACK IN THE BOX is changing thier logo a bit, KFC now has Mr. Sanders wearing an apron. Everything is updated.You are 100% correct, and your PHOTO evidence PROVES IT.A little off subject, but not too far off, notice how the "McCormick garlic powder" label is directly facing the camera.http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/steven-spielberg/newest%20photos/COOPER%20AND%20BURNETT/lombard21.jpgP.S. They have updated the 80's McCormick label too, as it no longer looks like that.

Of course "Garlic Powder" is part of the gag - that Tubbs bought garlic powder instead of actual garlic.  

"Lombard Don't Want No Garlic Powder" is the name of my new rock and roll combo. 

On 2/19/2021 at 9:52 PM, Sonny Thomas said:

Typically he would order a Black Jack. I've heard that is a mixed shot of black liquorice and Jack Daniels.

Nope. It was '80s slang for black label Jack Daniel's, as has been explained elsewhere.