Where did Tubbs even live?

BunMVO

34 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Pretty cool that Shane from Baseballs of Death has gone on to make Miami Vice videos on YouTube. :p

CC9134CC-5F80-410B-BFCA-4F2CCBEB06D4.jpeg

I'll never forget when Ernesto Guerrero (love it when Crockett called him "Ernie"; I need write about 'Baseballs of Death' soon!) shut down Shane's Power Station and killed Cinder (who nowadays would likely be on Tinder). Someday, somehow, Guerrero's gotta pay!

Has to be his place, because of the timeline "Rites of Passage" is episode 17, which is what 6mths to a year? it would be ridiculous to assume he was still moving around from hotel to hotel at this point.

Untitled.png.44b8eeeb0d43fdb8cb758c33b8fea255.png

• Like 1

This is the scene of which I think that it was his bedroom. As others said before Crockett called him there to tell him the bad news of Valeries little sister. So we know something about his bedroom and maybe about his livingroom or so.

Edited by Christine
  • Like 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb RedDragon86:

Has to be his place, because of the timeline "Rites of Passage" is episode 17, which is what 6mths to a year? it would be ridiculous to assume he was still moving around from hotel to hotel at this point.

Untitled.png.44b8eeeb0d43fdb8cb758c33b8fea255.png

sorry, but given the context that we see in the episode (and another scene in that room which was filmed in the Fountainbleau Hotel by te way) that place is  Valerie´s hotel room while she stayed in Miami. 

The dialogue in this scene goes like: Valerie: "I am gonna stay here until Diane feels better" Tubbs: "But you could stay with me....". I think that says it all? :p

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Christine:

This is the scene of which I think that it was his bedroom. As others said before. Crockett called him there to tell him the bad news of Valeries little sister. So we know something about his bedroom and maybe about his livingroom or so.

you must think very bad of Tubbs´ taste :p What we see here is typical (brown) hotel room interior. Tubbs is cool and would not live in such a place. The fancy glass brick wall in "Amen ...send money" and the dialogie in this scene where Tubbs asks Valerie if she wants to stay with him instead of staying there underlines my point.

Edited by Tom

I think this is so vague, but I'll go with the place in 'Rites of Passage' as the place of Tubbs. I always looked at it as Valerie's hotel, but there is Crockett's phone call, so, yeah, seems like a solid assumption.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Tom:

you must think very bad of Tubbs´ taste :p What we see here is typical (brown) hotel room interior. Tubbs is cool and would not live in such a place. The fancy glass brick wall in "Amen ...send money" underlines my point.

:hot:Oh no, I don't think bad about Tubbs' taste. I only thought that this was not the home we could see in "Amen ... send money". "Rites of passage" was episode number 16, "Amen ... send money" was number 71. So there was much time for Tubbs to move from a furnitured apartment to one of his style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

you must think very bad of Tubbs´ taste :p What we see here is typical (brown) hotel room interior. Tubbs is cool and would not live in such a place. The fancy glass brick wall in "Amen ...send money" underlines my point.

I agree with you, but 'Amen...Send Money' is quite a ways down the road (I am fond of bearded Tubbs though), so he upgraded by then, and both places are his? Again though, part of my mind is that when Valerie was with Tubbs in Miami, they were together in her hotel room(s).

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Eillio Martin Imbasciati:

I think this is so vague, but I'll go with the place in 'Rites of Passage' as the place of Tubbs. I always looked at it as Valerie's hotel, but there is Crockett's phone call, so, yeah, seems like a solid assumption.

The dialogue in this scene is pretty clear: Valerie wants to stay there until Diane is better and Tubbs wants her to stay in his place instead. Nothing vague here...

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

The dialogue in this scene is pretty clear: Valerie wants to stay there until Diane is better and Tubbs wants her to stay in his place instead. Nothing vague here...

Oh right, forgot about that, I guess that part isn't vague at all then, but the residence of Tubbs is as mysterious as Astrolife to me.

• Haha 2

My 2 cents:

Really could have been her hotel or his place. 

As for her saying “stay here”, she could have just meant “Miami”. When she said “I don’t think she’s here Rico” did she mean Jose Marti Park?

Go easy on me Tom. I’m not saying you’re wrong! I know better than that. :) 

Also, regular cast were never above being reached by phone at places other than their own residence (Danielle’s hotel room, La Liberdad Cafe, etc.)

Edited by Dadrian

vor 1 Minute schrieb Dadrian:

My 2 cents:

As for her saying “stay here”, should could have just meant “Miami”. When she said “I don’t think she’s here Rico” did she mean Jose Marti Park?

The facts are clear. Check the dialogue. I quoted it further up. Tubbs responded (to the "I´m gonna stay here"): "You could stay with me". Provided we both speak English it is clear that HERE is Valerie´s hotel room and WITH ME is a different place=Tubbs´ apartment. Just saying :p

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Tom:

The facts are clear. Check the dialogue. I quoted it further up. Tubbs responded (to the "I´m gonna stay here"): "You could stay with me". Provided we both speak English it is clear that HERE is Valerie´s hotel room and WITH ME is a different place=Tubbs´ apartment. Just saying :p

I think you are right ... and I also think that it's time to watch the episode again. :)

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb Christine:

I think you are right ... and I also think that it's time to watch the episode again. :)

The only thing that could change that clear location dialogue is a bad German dubbing :p I haven´t seen the German version in years and forgot about it, but I know the English dialogue very well.

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

“I’m just trying to maintain some objectivity here, Tom.” :) 

Tubbs could only say  "You could stay with me" in his own apartment?? He speaks good English too...all over Miami! :) 

edit- now I’m confused :) I think I’m actually agreeing with you Tom. I’ll see myself out...

Edited by Dadrian
  • Haha 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Tom:

The only thing that could change that clear location dialogue is a bad German dubbing :p I haven´t seen the German version in years and forgot about it, but I know the English dialogue very well.

I'll tell you after watching it:)

Edited by Christine

4 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

My 2 cents:

As for her saying “stay here”, she could have just meant “Miami”. When she said “I don’t think she’s here Rico” did she mean Jose Marti Park?

Also, regular cast were never above being reached by phone at places other than their own residence (Danielle’s hotel room, La Liberdad Cafe, etc.)

I've thought about that, especially since there was that habit of the characters calling each other from places that weren't home (nobody was ever home really, so it happened quite often. So, no homebodies here!). Now i wishing I would've paid more attention to where Tubbs lived, it was one thing I never really concentrated on, as he moved around more than most (heck, he talked to Castillo by the bridge in 'Smuggler's Blues'. Castillo was there, Tubbs was here; wasn't that always the case with Tubbs?).

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

“I’m just trying to maintain some objectivity here, Tom.” :) 

Tubbs could only say  "You could stay with me" in his own apartment. He speaks good English too...all over Miami! :) 

?( if Valerie says "I´m gonna stay here" before that, it´s obvious that they are talking about two different places. And the whole discussion was if that room could be Tubbs´place. So, whatever you are trying to prove, it´s not objectivity:) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

heck, he talked to Castillo by the bridge in 'Smuggler's Blues'. Castillo was there, Tubbs was here; wasn't that always the case with Tubbs?

Maybe Tubbs lived under a bridge. And those were actually his own clothes in “The Maze”. :) 

• Haha 4

@Tom I think I misread your post(s). 

I thought you were insisting T&V were lying in Tubbs’ bed at his place when Crockett called with the sad news. My apologies for any confusion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

Maybe Tubbs lived under a bridge. And those were actually his own clothes in “The Maze”. :) 

Ha ha, Tubbs the Miami Troll, I love it. The king has a date, and he doesn't want to be late, he has bridgework to do!

• Haha 1

@Tom I think I misread your post(s). 

I thought you were insisting T&V were lying in Tubbs’ bed at his place when Crockett called with the sad news. My apologies for any confusion. 

"Setbacks is a natural part of life which you´ve got to be very careful how to respond to. Iacocca" :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought you were insisting T&V were lying in Tubbs’ bed at his place when Crockett called with the sad news. 

I thought this, too, but Tom tought me better.:)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

"Setbacks is a natural part of life which you´ve got to be very careful how to respond to. Iacocca" :)

“These people respect me” :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeah, I remember that guy, one heck of a parks commissioner. Too bad he wasn't allowed to be armed, I thought he could handle himself, and hardly looked trigger happy at all.