Where did Tubbs even live?

BunMVO

4 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

“These people respect me” :D

That's right Izzy, we do; also I'd like you to get my car out of hock, and I'd like some of those shoes Richard Gere wore in American Yig-a-low (hold the relish, please).

2 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

That's right Izzy, we do; also I'd like you to get my car out of hock, and I'd like some of those shoes Richard Gere wore in American Yig-a-low (hold the relish, please).

Gimme jer finger

• Haha 1

But yeah, I took a little time time to think things over (I've got nowhere left to hide anyway), and cued up that scene. That's Valerie's hotel room, and Tubbs said she could stay with him, and she was thinking about that too. But still, the staying can also refer to staying in Miami and not going back to New York City (this is before we learn how burned out Valerie is a a cop). I don't know, this scenario has always been very sad to me: Valerie loses her sister, Tubbs gets heartbroken, and Valerie is damaged.

• Like 1

Just now, Dadrian said:

But was she really dead????

We can’t rule that out either! That could’ve been one of Papa Legba’s syringes! :) 

That would be quite the turn of events, maybe her body didn't end up in New York City (Valerie didn't go back right away anyways) and was on Blackbird instead. Blackbird...

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Maybe Tubbs lived under a bridge. And those were actually his own clothes in “The Maze”. :) 

Homeless Tubbs :D...and he showered every morning at OCB  before wearing those nice suits!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/10/2021 at 4:07 PM, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Ha ha, Tubbs the Miami Troll, I love it. The king has a date, and he doesn't want to be late, he has bridgework to do!

I was thinking about this again, and maybe Tubbs really was a Miami Troll: at the end of 'Nobody Lives Forever', when Crockett & Tubbs make up (after Crockett realized he needed a different "Heartbeat" in his life; that'll come later) and Crockett asked Tubbs if he wants to go fishing and Tubbs replies that he'd rather go trolling. See, that's because he has to get to his bridge! I mean, he probably had to stay away after he got worked over by Morgan's muscle, and he needed to heal up. Okay, I admit I'm not being completely serious, but otherwise... smother it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I was thinking about this again, and maybe Tubbs really was a Miami Troll: at the end of 'Nobody Lives Forever', when Crockett & Tubbs make up (after Crockett realized he needed a different "Heartbeat" in his life; that'll come later) and Crockett asked Tubbs if he wants to go fishing and Tubbs replies that he'd rather go trolling. See, that's because he has to get to his bridge! I mean, he probably had to stay away after he got worked over by Morgan's muscle, and he needed to heal up. Okay, I admit I'm not being completely serious, but otherwise... smother it.

Poor Tubbs! He held grudges against Crockett until the end of the episode.Better go back under his favorite Miami bridge than go fishing with his friend!

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Haha 1

For "Stone's War", they shot a scene in which Crockett tried to hide Stone at what's supposed to be Tubbs's apartment.

stones-war-episode-2-air-date-10031986-p

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2021 at 8:09 PM, Christine said:

:hot:Oh no, I don't think bad about Tubbs' taste. I only thought that this was not the home we could see in "Amen ... send money". "Rites of passage" was episode number 16, "Amen ... send money" was number 71. So there was much time for Tubbs to move from a furnitured apartment to one of his style.

That's more plausible :-)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crockettt said:

For "Stone's War", they shot a scene in which Crockett tried to hide Stone at what's supposed to be Tubbs's apartment.

This didn't make into the film, right? Captions are welcomed though :p

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Crockettt:

It makes sense that this is Tubb's apartment because he's only wearing a dressing gown. That wasn't necessarily his going out clothes.:D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crockettt said:

Too bad this scene was removed, I like the look of it (that lounge outfit really suits Tubbs; take that, Hugh Hefner!); I believe Stone & Tubbs really only met that one time in 'Back in the World', right? Actually I'm surprised that Tubbs didn't wiretap Stone, since that's something he's fond of doing.

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Crockett looks drunk! :) 

All joking aside, this would have been cool to see. I wonder why they cut it. 

Ha ha, I couldn't figure out what was going on with Crockett there: my first thought was that he just learned something shocking (probably when Tubbs tells Crockett that he raided the Playboy Mansion, thus his lounge outfit) or he has something stuck in his teeth.

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

You see?  Stuff like this is living proof that there was so much more material for Miami Vice to explore/exploit for another few seasons.  "Tubbs finding a new apartment", would give us a chance to finally see what his old digs looked like.  They could have had a whole episode devoted to Tubbs finding an apartment---it would have suited the MV arena just fine, as long as they don't put too much comedy into it.

(Being a New Yorker myself, and knowing how New Yorkers behave, I figure Tubbs staying a Valerie's only short term during their relationship--and Tubbs would still have the most economy-conscious, most conservative apartment he could find in the urban area of Miami). 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:20 AM, Augusta said:

You see?  Stuff like this is living proof that there was so much more material for Miami Vice to explore/exploit for another few seasons.  "Tubbs finding a new apartment", would give us a chance to finally see what his old digs looked like.  They could have had a whole episode devoted to Tubbs finding an apartment---it would have suited the MV arena just fine, as long as they don't put too much comedy into it.

(Being a New Yorker myself, and knowing how New Yorkers behave, I figure Tubbs staying a Valerie's only short term during their relationship--and Tubbs would still have the most economy-conscious, most conservative apartment he could find in the urban area of Miami). 

I never thought of an episode in which Tubbs looks for an apartment, but in true Vice form, there's so many events that can branch out from that (someone needing help, a murder, a drug dealer, shady business developer...bottomless possibilities:fireworks:). I seriously believe that could've worked, and I think it's a phenomenal idea!

On 11/15/2021 at 4:21 PM, Jack Gretsky said:

Maybe Tubbs crashed all the time at Alicia's.  I mean, c'mon man, Maria McDonald....

Tubbs should always be with Alicia Austin; now THERE'S a good woman, as far as I'm concerned. As it goes for Valerie (who I don't find all that different from Vanessa really), I think Tubbs would be better off with Friday Foster (now HER I like!).

Edited by Eillio Martin Imbasciati
missing word
  • Like 2

On 2/17/2021 at 1:53 PM, Dadrian said:

“Crockett...what if he steals your Testarossa this time???”

68EBD23C-F5A7-4F40-A90F-5F3ADEF22DEB.jpeg

This blowup of Crockett is comedy catnip for me; is he really THAT shocked that he can beat the odds, for now?

• Haha 1