Street food in Miami Vice

airtommy

Crockett breaks up a robbery in the opening teaser of "Fruit of the Poison Tree". 

"The man said he doesn't have any sauerkraut."  :)

fruit.png.63e3ca36767656f2f3c6182c18d47928.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This ! The first time I was in Miami (and actually in the US), I half expected to see many Hot Dog -carts but I saw none ! It's not a thing anymore?

39 minutes ago, JDe75 said:

This ! The first time I was in Miami (and actually in the US), I half expected to see many Hot Dog -carts but I saw none ! It's not a thing anymore?

I actually saw one near the courthouse last weekend, believe it or not! We weren’t on foot at that moment. Otherwise, I’d have certainly said “make it two.” :p

47 minutes ago, JDe75 said:

I also saw one near the courthouse on W Flagler St in Downtown Miami recently -just like “Milk Run”.:cheers:

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 7:57 AM, RedDragon86 said:

There is a food stand at the race track in "Florence Italy" but I can't find the pic.

I think this is it. 

dab6ea046346f1d1d022a2dee3bac60b--miami-vice-florence-italy.jpg

There is a food stand at the race track in "Florence Italy" but I can't find the pic.

49 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

I think this is it. 

dab6ea046346f1d1d022a2dee3bac60b--miami-vice-florence-italy.jpg

I think he means the one at the track where C&T buy Becky Sklar a hot dog (which is always a humorous innuendo for that scene). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I think he means the one at the track where C&T buy Becky Sklar a hot dog (which is always a humorous innuendo for that scene). 

Oh, ok. LOL! I didn't any seating in this place, so I thought it made the cut! I'll see if I can find a picture of the other place! Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDe75 said:

I don't think food carts were ever common in Miami in real life.  New York is probably the only city where they are common.   Every time we saw one on Vice, it was a part of the plot.  But there is that one on the north side of the courthouse that you can see on Google Street View.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Interesting. Then how do people get food after clubbing? McDonald's ?

Food carts are normal part of nightlife where I live (or kiosks mostly) though now they're vans. People get food from them after clubbing and eat outside before getting to their busses, trains or taxis. Of course the McDonalds, Burger Kings and Taco Bells are open too but the "grill kiosks" (they cook hamburgers, meat-pies etc.) are really a part Finnish nightlife....

grillikioski.jpg

1 hour ago, JDe75 said:

Interesting. Then how do people get food after clubbing? McDonald's ?

Food carts are normal part of nightlife where I live (or kiosks mostly) though now they're vans. People get food from them after clubbing and eat outside before getting to their busses, trains or taxis. Of course the McDonalds, Burger Kings and Taco Bells are open too but the "grill kiosks" (they cook hamburgers, meat-pies etc.) are really a part Finnish nightlife....

grillikioski.jpg

Interesting - looks good. As airtommy said you see them all over NYC but in Miami not as much and certainly not in LA. As most of the commerce is moving out of Downtown Miami to Brickell that is perhaps a factor but you don’t see the food trucks in Brickell either but there are McDonald’s, Burger King and Starbucks.

• 3 months later...

On 4/1/2019 at 4:47 PM, Dadrian said:

Thanks, found it.  Looks like the same one as in the other eps.

floithotdog.png.5992d3b65b242f50a42a8c13e86013d4.png

• Like 2

i see 2 more, but we are sunday. and sunday i'm in 'move the less you can' mode. i'll post them, if i can find them back

edit: my HDD with my DVD backup was 1m from me, so i manage to do it

Kill shot (btw if someone could confirm the adress. i'm highly interested by this)

TBgbXxe.jpg

God's work

cJixxle.jpg

actually i remember a 3rd one. but i can't remember the episode name. when Tubbs creates a diversion speaking with a bunch of punks, while Crockett go interrogate, a girl who works in the restaurant. i'm not sure, but i think it's a kind of street food

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Does the Kill Shot one count? La Liberdad is actually a cafe. 

well i think it counts, as when the guy with the gun comes around, Crockett is drinking his coffee in the same position as we see him on the pic. if it doesn't count i think i won't die of it :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jpm1 said:

well i think it counts, as when the guy with the gun comes around, Crockett is drinking his coffee in the same position as we see him on the pic. if it doesn't count i think i won't die of it :)

When I said "street food" I really meant mobile food cart or truck which doesn't have an address.  But yeah, those kinds of places with just a window out onto the street is also street food in a way.  Especially the one Matt5 mentioned, in Milk Run where the camera is inside and follows the Daytona around the corner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, airtommy said:

Penrod's Cafe 1001 Ocean Drive

http://www.miamivicelocations4.org/page8.html

i think having a coffee there in the 80s, with the ocean behind, would have been a blast

La libertad is the place, i won't miss for any amount of cash, if i go there. i mean there's so much soul in that little shop N7jJ1P6.gif

Edited by jpm1

On 2/22/2019 at 10:35 PM, Dadrian said:

I think it’s the same one from Buddies :) 

Talking of the same  one from Buddies, I was  watching Made For Each Other and the guy in the food cart with Annie (Buddies)  was playing the drums at the wedding of the Noog  Man in Made For Each Other at the end!

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Talking of the same  one from Buddies, I was  watching Made For Each Other and the guy in the food cart with Annie (Buddies)  was playing the drums at the wedding of the Noog  Man in Made For Each Other at the end!

Didn’t he say something about wearing many hats or being diversified? :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

I think he's supposed to be Annie's agent :)

It was a shame we never saw her again after "Buddies" was there a reason she wasn't casted again?

Edited by RedDragon86

On 4/1/2019 at 9:47 PM, Dadrian said:

I don't if you know this but the actress who played Becky Sklar briefly starred in "The Sopranos" as Uncle Juniors girlfriend.

Image result for sopranos Robyn Peterson

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think he's supposed to be Annie's agent :)

It was a shame we never saw her again after "Buddies" was there a reason she wasn't casted again?

Perhaps a terrible actress :)

• Haha 1