Street food in Miami Vice

airtommy

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

But she was good though :)

No I meant she was a terrible actress. :)

Edited by Matt5

On 2/21/2019 at 2:22 PM, airtommy said:

:) 

I like this scene.  Good banter between C&T, good acting.   It must have cost quite a bit of time & money to film this scene with all the extras in the background.

Crockett ends up buying 3 hot dogs from 2 different vendors in this scene.  They start across from the SE corner of the courthouse:

hotdog4.png.66f23653f29602890c777a34c614ec12.pnghotdog3.png.8d50718bbf32e8be0c1ecaa0d1bc0455.png

But that hot dog ends up in Sloan's back seat:

hotdog2.png.18dd4d5c5036f0768e0432470f9e66f1.png

Then they walk over to the SW corner of the courthouse and Sonny gets 1, no make that 2 more:

hotdog5.png.b0ffa519197ee0fb2040871b6b53ed67.png

I just realised the actor playing Sloane was the janitor from The Breakfast Club.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

I just realised the actor playing Sloane was the janitor from The Breakfast Club.  :)

*custodial artist

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2019 at 6:29 PM, Matt5 said:

No I meant she was a terrible actress. :)

I think Karla Tamburrelli was a good actress in the show, not as good as Robin Johnson for example but good all the same.

Edited by RedDragon86

4 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think she was a good actress in the show, not as good as Candy but good all the same.

Robin Johnson as Candy was great - shame they didn’t get her to return.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

2110222478_calderonesreturnfoodtruck.jpg.23bd82b2b1dd3479efb7897563392aa1.jpg

As I was looking at this episode for Crockett's tie, I also noticed this food cart in "Calderone's Return" as Crockett and Caroline are leaving the courthouse. Crockett also bought some beverages there, when he arrived.

During Linus Oliver chase.

289404401_calderonesreturnfoodtruck3.jpg.d00495ce91fb2538739d6b24182c2bca.jpg

1548333231_calderonesreturnfoodtruck1.jpg.d89a336978c565c4a5850eedb27b749b.jpg

I'm not sure about the last one looks like they are only selling beverages.

Edited by summer84
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

I am a big hot dog fan, I could eat ‘em everyday! But every time I eat one I think of “Milk Run”. Mustard, onions, and relish, I believe? Great combo!

D4EA7135-3AC5-43D8-A7F0-99A6ABD13D11.png

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2019 at 2:47 PM, Dadrian said:

I think he means the one at the track where C&T buy Becky Sklar a hot dog (which is always a humorous innuendo for that scene). 

During this scene Crockett pulls quite a face after handing the girl some mustard. I capped this from the low-quality therokuchannel streaming as my DVD drive is misbehaving, so it's not the best frame, but even after watching this scene a few times I don't really understand this little bit of clownery, but I love it:

crocketthodogWTF_lowshrpnd.jpg

• Like 3

Well, now that I've bumped this thread I might as well come clean with the idea that brought me to find it.
I've always been struck by how little attention is given in the shows that I watch to food and eating generally, and I kind of had it in my mind to start a thread and rewatch-capping quest myself to try to document all the instances of people eating, but christ it sounds like I have some sort of fetish when you type that out plain. Seeing this thread and the engagement of other fans with it kind of sealed the deal, though, and I think I'll go for it. If I can get set up (and stop only crackin' the laptop when I'm half in the bag), I'll start collecting from the DVDs and make a post soliciting further help (especially if someone with the Blu-Ray res prints can help IDing the food). I'm not sure whether or not I want to include the multiple instances of Crockett "cleaning" his sunglasses (which he might have learned from Elvis, as reptilian as the act is) but hell, I need a project. And I can't remember where this gem of a face came from, but whatever it is must not be very tasty:

crocketteating_lores.jpg

• Haha 3