SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

13 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Alright, I wouldn't wear this, but I think you guys will like it anyway.

https://www.boohooman.com/us/relaxed-fit-ombre-suit-jacket/BMM31238.html

multi-relaxed-fit-ombre-suit-jacket?$pro

These colors certainly reminds us Miami Vice. For me a little bit too much, but I wouldn't be too shy to wear it in some occasions. Perhaps not the greatest idea to appear in this in a wedding :D :D especially in your own one  :D  but anyway it is more important to feel yourself comfy in the clothes you like and you really chose to wear.

Price is nice too :D

Edited by Kalci
  • Like 1

Bought a hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind ceramic mask (it's heavy so I don't think it's meant for wearing lol) with a VERY Miami Vice look going for it. Wouldn't you agree?

20230420_214447(2).jpg

• Like 6

This is rather a Motorola inspired style I know, but since these bricks defined the 80s mobile communication and were sometimes part of the series as well (S3EP08,S5EP07 etc.) I think this advertisement like picture can stay here ! I have some ideas for this 2023 summer with my phones, lets see what I can do.

Base of this picture(photos) came from 2022 summer. I usually grab every chance to make photos when I am at seaside.

Grid idea came simply from the 80s - lot of 80s ad featured these grids - common characteristic of that decade

Motto : I took it from an old advertisement so it is not my minds creature it was a legit slogan.

Moto_advert_06.jpg

• Like 6

Alright you guys, I've found what I consider *pretty much* the "white whale" of Vice jackets. Remember the one Don wore in both "Florence Italy" and "Definitely Miami" (and probably a few other eps)? Someone has one for sale, but unfortunately for me it would be too big in the chest, and the overall length is too long. I've already paid a lot of money to have 2 suit jackets both made slimmer, and had the sleeves both shortened and tapered. So I'll put this one out there for you guys if you're interested. I swear, when I get the extra cash to have a few customs made specifically for me, this is one pattern I'll go with (you've heard me mention the 3 or 4 particular jackets I wanna have made for me since I can't find them anywhere. I check these sites once or twice a month and this is the closest I've found, but again, I know what'll happen if I get it, so I'm not gonna bother lol). Hope this helps one of you guys.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1439522554/1960s-gray-flecked-wool-silk-sport-coat?gpla=1&gao=1&

il_1588xN.4785331884_bw83.jpg

Edited by TylerDurden389
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Alright you guys, I've found what I consider *pretty much* the "white whale" of Vice jackets. Remember the one Don wore in both "Florence Italy" and "Definitely Miami" (and probably a few other eps)? Someone has one for sale, but unfortunately for me it would be too big in the chest, and the overall length is too long. I've already paid a lot of money to have 2 suit jackets both made slimmer, and had the sleeves both shortened and tapered. So I'll put this one out there for you guys if you're interested. I swear, when I get the extra cash to have a few customs made specifically for me, this is one pattern I'll go with (you've heard me mention the 3 or 4 particular jackets I wanna have made for me since I can't find them anywhere. I check these sites once or twice a month and this is the closest I've found, but again, I know what'll happen if I get it, so I'm not gonna bother lol). Hope this helps one of you guys.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1439522554/1960s-gray-flecked-wool-silk-sport-coat?gpla=1&gao=1&

It does look very similar! Nice find! 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:29 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

I do love the fleck pattern.  But unfortunately it is way too small for me. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 5:29 AM, TylerDurden389 said:

Miami Vice': Why NBC Wasn't Sold on Casting Don Johnson Right Away

This one has to be my favorite

Do you know which key words I should use to find one ? If I can't, I'll have to find a tailor to have it made... And last time didn't go well, I had to fight to have straight pants instead of slim ones, they refused to understand what I liked and decided for me

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MichaelAce said:

Miami Vice': Why NBC Wasn't Sold on Casting Don Johnson Right Away

This one has to be my favorite

Do you know which key words I should use to find one ? If I can't, I'll have to find a tailor to have it made... And last time didn't go well, I had to fight to have straight pants instead of slim ones, they refused to understand what I liked and decided for me

“Linen” and/or “silk” maybe?

This is one few blazers that have lining inside for Crockett

17 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

Do you know which key words I should use to find one ?

I found that jacket by typing in "flecked" in the search engine and nothing else. Then I go to the "suits and sports coat" sections on sites like ebay, poshmark, mercari, etsy, and grailed. Then I narrow the filters down to my size. Another word I'll type in sometimes is "marle" or "marled". I don't remember where I learned that term but it's another 80's style pattern.

• Like 2

I was very excited to find this color shirt at Walmart as haven’t had one this color in several years. It’s called “Mint Mist” on the tag, but it reminds me very much of the color of Crockett’s shirt at the beginning of “Brother’s Keeper.” 

IMG_1470.jpeg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

it reminds me very much of the color of Crockett’s shirt at the beginning of “Brother’s Keeper.” 

For good reason! :thumbsup:

IMG_6280.webp

• Like 4

On 5/15/2023 at 10:06 AM, AndrewRemington said:

I was very excited to find this color shirt at Walmart as haven’t had one this color in several years. It’s called “Mint Mist” on the tag, but it reminds me very much of the color of Crockett’s shirt at the beginning of “Brother’s Keeper.” 

IMG_1470.jpeg

Now you got me interested!  Have to check out my local Walmart for this beauty.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Thanks to AndrewRemington's Walmart find, I bought one and it is very soft and comfortable.  image.thumb.jpeg.d7d9868537a53c34fd768110f362e2e0.jpeg

Looks great— good find!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Thanks to AndrewRemington's Walmart find, I bought one and it is very soft and comfortable.  image.thumb.jpeg.d7d9868537a53c34fd768110f362e2e0.jpeg

Hey, lookin’ good! Glad you could find one. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

AWSOME ... Stylish, I Love it  :thumbsup:

Edited by Kladdagh
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was at an 80's themed prom party last weekend. Didn't win the costume contest, but people still loved my outfit anyway. Had a really great time. And yes, I had a Blackjack. Had to show the bartender the recipe, but I got it.

20230528_212847.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1