SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

18 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

...and the inverted version of this jacket was worn by Sonny in "Heart of Darkness"

heartof19.jpg

Wow. I can’t believe I never caught this. :) :clap:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

^^^

That is my favorite jacket that I will never find.

I can't help feeling if someone who has connections to a shirt company couldn't get a copies made and even sell them through the forum.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:38 PM, Dadrian said:

Today’s ensemble with a rare (for me) short-sleeve button up:

IMG_6244.jpeg

1 hour ago, daytona365 said:

I guess I'm a bit out where the buses don't run today...

image.thumb.png.19cd79911a6c6688ac22b706f3e95b45.pngimage.png.b6b4f30109d0869a6d157e029a408ebe.png

Awesome!

I got my shoes at H&M :thumbsup:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Awesome!

I got my shoes at H&M :thumbsup:

I actually thought of your shoes right after I pasted the screenshot of Sonny. They would add the perfect touch to this outfit!

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 6:22 PM, IA-SteveB said:

^^^

That is my favorite jacket that I will never find.

this is the closest substitute I could find so far:

image.thumb.png.2c605f42eca4ebba628862136f292a38.png image.jpeg.8968da22df64b21658e6946d147ddc0c.jpeg

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kladdagh said:

AWSOME !!! Could you tell the brand please ?

The brand is "Howe". I bought it I think like 5 or 6 years ago. There is at least one other member here who has the same, but I don't remember who.

Edited by daytona365
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, daytona365 said:

this is the closest substitute I could find so far:

image.thumb.png.2c605f42eca4ebba628862136f292a38.png image.jpeg.8968da22df64b21658e6946d147ddc0c.jpeg

You got it on eBay right? I remember seeing one almost exactly like it there years ago, regardless. 

On 8/16/2023 at 9:39 AM, daytona365 said:

The brand is "Howe". I bought it I think like 5 or 6 years ago. There is at least one other member here who has the same, but I don't remember who.

18 hours ago, Dadrian said:

You got it on eBay right? I remember seeing one almost exactly like it there years ago, regardless. 

You might be talking about me. I have one of these but in size 40R, which kind of sucks because I'm a 38R (was about 40 pounds heavier in 2018 when I bought it). It's a cool jacket but VERY loud. So I'm hesitant to wear it sometimes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pmconroy said:

You might be talking about me. I have one of these but in size 40R, which kind of sucks because I'm a 38R (was about 40 pounds heavier in 2018 when I bought it). It's a cool jacket but VERY loud. So I'm hesitant to wear it sometimes.

I thought that was you :-)  I had a similar situation (didn't lose as much weight though), so I took it to a seamster and had it tightened. Not cheap but worth it.

Just found out I apparently bought mine in already in 2015....man, time flies. I'm so...old :eek:

• Like 2

I tried to find that jacket but all I got was one that had the same look, but the stripes were vertical instead of horizontal (I've posted a pic of me in it here before). Ended up getting rid of it cuz while it fit well, the collar went "back" up my neck instead of resting in the front towards the collarbone (Like as if someone was standing behind me and pulling it back, if that makes any sense, lol). But, what do you expect for only $30 brand new?

That jacket I showed a pic of recently did fit me well, and was comfortable, but it was NOT the orange color the pics made it out to be. It's more of a darker tan, bleh. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it or not. Either way, at this point, those 3-4 customs I've had in mind for a long time are all I really want at this point (the navy/gold stripes from "No Exit"), the light and dark gray stripes that's similar to the navy/gold (I'm probably gonna do just one or the other), the flecked one from "Definitely Miami/Florence Italy", and white with gray stripes from "Prodigal Son" and "Buddies".

I was at the movies again last night and I saw a guy wearing a powder blue linen suit jacket with darker blue pants but he had those tan/brown dress shoes (guess he couldn't completely commit to the look. I was wearing white slip-ons and was tempted to say "You need a pair of these to go with that look!!" lol). I see a lot of the same frequent patrons at these theaters and he's complimented me on my suits before, so we're on the same page.

• Like 2

Thoughts on this jacket? Not sure if it'll fit me, as the seller hasn't provided measurements, nor answered when someone asked. I sent a cheap offer but haven't gotten a response either. Hate to risk $30 on a gamble like I've done way too many times in the past. It's not quite something Crockett wore on the show but it's close enough, IMO.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Mens-CHAOTIC-WORLD-cotton-linen-style-jacket-621c326d180136fcad5285be

m_wp_621c3284ae766fa207ff974f.webp

38 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Thoughts on this jacket? Not sure if it'll fit me, as the seller hasn't provided measurements, nor answered when someone asked. I sent a cheap offer but haven't gotten a response either. Hate to risk $30 on a gamble like I've done way too many times in the past. It's not quite something Crockett wore on the show but it's close enough, IMO.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Mens-CHAOTIC-WORLD-cotton-linen-style-jacket-621c326d180136fcad5285be

I like it, and I would probably wear it, but not as “MV inspired”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TylerDurden389 said:

It is a nice looking jacket, but it looks fully constructed, which Crockett didn’t wear.  Perhaps as much as the various colors and fabrics, the really different element for his jackets at the time was their being unconstructed.  No padding or lining makes jackets hang very differently… and you can’t roll up the sleeves!

I had something very similar in fabric and construction back in the early 90’s, except it was double breasted.  It looked very good with black trousers and shoes and a white shirt and black tie.  It was very formal looking for not being a full suit, almost like a white dinner jacket with a tuxedo.  I got many compliments then, and I didn’t even wear it that often as it was so formal.

On 8/27/2023 at 7:02 PM, TylerDurden389 said:

Its allright, maybe a bit too fitted at the waist and you have to be careful with sleves that have buttons with button holes as these seem to have,  as if the sleeves are too long then the tailor may find it difficult to shorten them how you want them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gangrel said:

Its allright, maybe a bit too fitted at the waist and you have to be careful with sleves that have buttons with button holes as these seem to have,  as if the sleeves are too long then the tailor may find it difficult to shorten them how you want them.

That's ok. After going to literally a dozen places in my area, I found a good place that did it right and I've had quite a few suit jackets' sleeves both shortened and tapered. A little pricey, but given I buy these clothes for chump change online, it balances out lol.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It’s that time of year again where I get the itch for the Crockett look, granted it’s later in the summer for it, but we have had the most surprising heatwave recently. Heatwave! For September! In the UK! But if it isn’t too cold, I am going to pull off the Season 3 look into the Autumn! I also bought myself some black loafers to go with the look, but here are my recent Crockett looks. The braces were a one off for the picture to resemble Crockett’s holster, but it went well I felt. :) 

IMG_2305.thumb.jpeg.365930609295a2934751fce7c7d2c2bb.jpeg

IMG_2306.thumb.jpeg.2a980d3bc3da73814616d678f01957aa.jpeg

• Like 9

Wow you guys have been killing it lately! So glad the style is still going strong in certain circles.  Keep it up!  You've inspired me to break out my blazers and pastels again.  I thought I had the style on point but you guys are next level.

• Like 4