DON JOHNSON AND NASH BRIDGES REVIVAL

Mr. Calderon

18 hours ago, airtommy said:

Interesting!  Can you please put "Nash Bridges" in the title?

Im sorry about that. Done.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Im sorry about that. Done.

Please see my updates in this section also about the 2020 2 hour Nash Bridges TV movie.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Mr. Calderon:

I remember that DJ had to file a lawsuit against Rysher entertainment and the network as they did not pay his royalties as he executive produced. He won in court and received 19m in overdue payments and damages. So, no Wonder that Carlton Cuse is no longer on board with this revival.

here is the detail: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/don-johnson-gets-19-million-420358

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

• Administrators

If I remember correctly the show never really  " jumped the shark"   CBS abruptly cancelled the show because they wanted to attract a younger audience. BIG mistake!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

it's interesting to see that DJ choice goes to NB, while he's certainly aware the hype is greater for MV. could also be a simple way for him to put back the foot to the stirrup. dealing with more intense working sessions

in the same time a MV reboot is harder, as you need to reunite, or cast 6 persons. and there's also the Vin Diesel thing

• Like 1

now they have to scrounge around for another couple of Plymouth 'Cuda convertibles and buff them up to be abused for filming. They used four cars in the first run and blew-up an additional one in one episode. One of the four was wrecked in a jump and also the others weren't handled with satin gloves. As the 'Cuda convertible was already a rather rare car even before NB, prices shot through the roof due to the rise in popularity from the show and they are still high to the day. The cars from the original run were sold after the series wrapped, including the one bended from the jump. DJ kept one of them which he later sold in a Barret-Jackson auction

cuda.jpg.eefb935b7dcad787ae338a173841ce97.jpg

this is the 1/24 Revell model I've built of it a couple years ago:

1918917017_cudamodel.thumb.jpg.751589e3157075e20892f8b6ad75698f.jpg

• Like 7

i don't think they'll use Cuda's. too expensive. now they could hire Testarossa. no joke. more affordable for a production. and could be interesting i think on an artistic level. like if DJ was saying see i'm not a Miami cop. but this is just fiction. that could trouble the fans, but in a good way. plus honestly the Testarossa lines aren't the ugliest to watch. i think it could be fun. my 2c

Edited by jpaul1

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, daytona365 said:

this is the 1/24 Revell model I've built of it a couple years ago:

1918917017_cudamodel.thumb.jpg.751589e3157075e20892f8b6ad75698f.jpg

How did you make that photo?  Is that the real bridge in the background or is that a photo of the bridge behind the model car?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

How did you make that photo?  Is that the real bridge in the background or is that a photo of the bridge behind the model car?

Google “forced perspective” :p

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

Going by the sharp edges of the bushes on the curb right of the car,  Crockett would bet 10.000 Yen at 7:1 that it is a (good) Adobe Photoshop job;)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“The Cheech [Joe Dominguez] will be back,” {Johnson} adds. “I think in this adaptation of ‘Nash Bridges,’ he’s going to actually be selling weed. And the cops in San Francisco are actually going to be smoking it.”

Ain't it funny how time changes everything :rauchen:

Mmmmm....dj on nash...ppl.used to say nash is almost vice in sf...

So...being successful on nash, don would do almost (or) the same on vice?  Im just curious about how don would appear in two similar projects, even if not at same time or first nash season and then a vice season...maybe a not so permanent role on vice as we would like. Even nb is a dj's "creation", if i would be on his shoes, i would put my efforts more on nb than on vice. After all it would be my project, not yerkovitch's. Two very similar projects reminds me dj on vice and dj on dead bang at the same time. Lets see how it goes...

Cheech coming back. Thats good. Pmt would be back? Even away from the industry?

Again, thank you to my pal Menno for the info. :)

• Like 1

Picked up this snippet about DJ in the Nash revival:

"Johnson will return as Bridges, set in the present day, while he is still running San Francisco’s Special Investigation Unit. The revival will see Bridges dealing with a changed city, a new boss and police work that focuses on modern data-crunching and predictive policing."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nash-bridges-revival-don-johnson-183338054.html

• Like 3

On 11/16/2019 at 9:10 AM, Tom said:

Going by the sharp edges of the bushes on the curb right of the car,  Crockett would bet 10.000 Yen at 7:1 that it is a (good) Adobe Photoshop job;)!

...you got me there :p. Not sure about the bushes on the right curb though, I did not touch them myself, just used the photo as I found on the web.

cuda.jpg.71c2bd435a7fab9789ac90085bec3952.jpg + bridge.thumb.jpg.5dc01838765969cb717f057c40e382f3.jpg

similar as:

mx.jpg.ddc1c2bec3553c1bcec803a347701db3.jpg  ► mx_free.jpg.2e8c801a9529af29116255c0ee0c3582.jpg  ► miami.thumb.jpg.a1a79d4c0417a422d77e5f14d8d7913a.jpg825518497_Style5-1_small.thumb.jpg.ab62464c9ebbc03bb817b53aa424eec5.jpg

"I re-create my world, just the way it suits me"  (Pippi Longstocking)

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 5

My good friend Mr C is right: From DJ's perspective, NB is probably way more interesting for the very simple reason: He owns the rights to NB. He banked in considerably with Nash; probably way more than with Vice. 

Obviously I would rather see Don appear in a Vice remake, although to be very fair, he is probably fit more for Nash, despite that he still looks great (better than 15- years ago I say) than for Vice. 

Anyways, let's see. Time will tell. He is going through a great career renaissance, which is awesome. He is doing the talkshow circuit and getting great response for his attitude and his looks. Don is a new man, ego is out the door, he seems way more relaxed and very fit compared to years ago. That is really great to see. Let's what it will result to; I expect higher profile roles to come Don's way after Watchmen, Knives out and a potential Nash/Vice success. Great that he finally gets recognition for being a fine actor, which he always has been...

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MennoinSF said:

Anyways, let's see. Time will tell. He is going through a great career renaissance, which is awesome. He is doing the talkshow circuit and getting great response for his attitude and his looks. Don is a new man, ego is out the door, he seems way more relaxed and very fit compared to years ago. 

I so agree with you on this! I think Nash is far better suited for him right now. But, I can still see him in an advisory role for MV. With his son in the lead, of course. :)

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 2

Just now, mjcmmv said:

I so agree with you on this! I think Nash is far better suited for him right now. But, I can still seem him in an advisory role for MV. With his son in the lead, of course. :)

Totally. Would be good to see Jesse in that role; he would have a similar career as DJ: Obscure roles until Vice made him a star. 

If the Vice remake happens (and by the sounds of it, it will) DJ will play a part. But most likely as you mentioned more like a guest star than the main star. 

• Like 2