DON JOHNSON AND NASH BRIDGES REVIVAL

Mr. Calderon

i'm surprised to see he kept the beard for Nash. i had not kept up the last two months and now the movie is shot. Don said it should air in the fall. I just read he had to buy the cuda back from a museum.

this is so awesome it's almost like the good old days are back I hope Don and Cheech don't look too silly out there chasing crooks. Nash Bridges was like comfort food when it was on, for me.

1 hour ago, AzVice said:

i'm surprised to see he kept the beard for Nash

Me too, it's very ageing. I thought the idea was to present as young an appearance as possible..

On 5/20/2021 at 5:49 AM, Crockettt said:

DJ needs a nice haircut and he should get rid of the beard because Nash was always clean-shaved. Sorry to say but Cheech doesn't look good.

Good ol days of MV´s S3 haircut....

18 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

That John Matrix haircut was terrible.

I think fits fine on Don...

10 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I think fits fine on Don...

It was a mistake imo, probably the reason why grew it back.

Edited by RedDragon86

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, AzVice said:

i think his hair looks fine now

I think his hair looks thinner now... So mine too lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The Nash Bridges television movie aired in late November and there has been no word of a series order or pick up as yet. I wonder how it did ratings wise for USA on the Thanksgiving weekend.

14 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Sadly got my own answer. It didn’t perform at all well on that weekend at the end of November 2021. 
http://www.thetvratingsguide.com/2021/12/saturday-cable-ratings-112721-nash.html?m=1

Hi Matt......... I don't care what the ratings were. I thought it was great! Humor, action & held my interest!

10 hours ago, Tony D. said:

Hi Matt......... I don't care what the ratings were. I thought it was great! Humor, action & held my interest!

Yes I agree @Tony D.I loved it but wanted a series and the USA network said if the movie performed well a series would follow soon after.

• Administrators

I watched the movie because I was a big fan of the show but to me the reboot was "just ok" (only my opinion)  I think a big part of it was that all the regulars with the exception of Nash, Joe and Harvey were gone. I know that it wasn't possible to bring everyone back but no Cassidy, no Inger?   I also didn't care to see the 'Cuda destroyed. Yeah the new Challenger was nice but not as cool as the 'Cuda.  

With what I've read about the poor ratings I think it's pretty clear that we won't be seeing a rebooted series and I won't  shed any tears.  This is exactly the reason they should never do a Miami Vice reboot.  It simply could never be as good and would only tarnish the reputation of the original. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you Lou, a reboot of both shows would never be as good as the originals.....but I would have liked to see D.J. again on a regular basis. He was witty & cool as the older Nash & I would have watched it as it evolved into a series with more of the original cast. ;(

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I agree with you Lou, a reboot of both shows would never be as good as the originals.....but I would have liked to see D.J. again on a regular basis. 

Me too Tony, but only if he loses that damn beard!  :p

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gotta Go to a psychologist...i cant Bear sonny Johnson teaming UP with cheech tubbs...

I tried to watch but i couldnt resist.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2022 at 8:56 PM, Matt5 said:

Sadly got my own answer. It didn’t perform at all well on that weekend at the end of November 2021. 
http://www.thetvratingsguide.com/2021/12/saturday-cable-ratings-112721-nash.html?m=1

From a previous post

For those that are interested, from a buddy

The USA Saturday Night Movie, Nash Bridges, pulled in a respectable #57 for cable for the day with a .08 in the 18-49 demo. It was in the top 25 overall for cable viewership with over 800,000. I think it's a very good number due to the amount of college football games and holiday specials that were on that day. 

It was #2 for USA in the 18-49 demo behind a soccer game in the AM, however it outdrew in overall viewers by over 425,000 viewers.

23 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

I watched the movie because I was a big fan of the show but to me the reboot was "just ok" (only my opinion)  I think a big part of it was that all the regulars with the exception of Nash, Joe and Harvey were gone. I know that it wasn't possible to bring everyone back but no Cassidy, no Inger?   I also didn't care to see the 'Cuda destroyed. Yeah the new Challenger was nice but not as cool as the 'Cuda.  

With what I've read about the poor ratings I think it's pretty clear that we won't be seeing a rebooted series and I won't  shed any tears.  This is exactly the reason they should never do a Miami Vice reboot.  It simply could never be as good and would only tarnish the reputation of the original. 

If i would be don Johnson, If universal pays me the money i want, i wouldnt Care If vice Will bê a hit or not. Not being ridículous. Im Just curious with the "New" concept about vice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, king77 said:

From a previous post

For those that are interested, from a buddy

The USA Saturday Night Movie, Nash Bridges, pulled in a respectable #57 for cable for the day with a .08 in the 18-49 demo. It was in the top 25 overall for cable viewership with over 800,000. I think it's a very good number due to the amount of college football games and holiday specials that were on that day. 

It was #2 for USA in the 18-49 demo behind a soccer game in the AM, however it outdrew in overall viewers by over 425,000 viewers.

Thankyou for sharing - I searched for information on the ratings and this article is a lot more accurate \ positive than the previous one.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There is still no news one year after airing of a new Nash Bridges movie or reboot series.

I was at Pier 9 in San Francisco Today where all the police office scenes were shot in the May 2021 movie at the cutting edge ‘Edge Auto Desk’ company.
Apparently it did not well in the key 18-49 category I was told today and was pointed in the direction of this article below. Really sad no more news yet. The series and the reboot movie was the best.

https://outsider.com/entertainment/nash-bridges-movie-unlikely-lead-revival-series/amp/

Edited by Matt5

• 5 months later...

Two years ago Don and Cheech were filming Nash Bridges .
A great Bts shot at the penthouse suite of the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco taken in May 2021 when Don Johnson was filming the one-off special movie of the week —The Nash Bridges reunion movie airing late fall in November 2021 was the best. This shot shoots down Pine and California to the Financial district.

IMG_6974.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 4

Bts shot featuring the legacy cast in the one-off “Nash Bridges”  Reunion movie from May \ June 2021. This was taken off Fisherman’s Wharf near North Beach. The City was pleased the production was back in San Francisco and gave a big much needed boost to the finances of the area. Don stayed at world-famous The Fairmont on Mason during some the fine production. The 1 hr 20 minute movie was filmed in a 4 week period airing late fall 2021.

IMG_6975.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

A behind the scenes shot of the new cuda from filming of the “Nash Bridges”  tv movie in May 2021. This was shot on Battery in the financial downtown district of San Francisco. Battery street is one of my favorite streets in the city ( not this area but more slightly north at Levi Strauss Park toward North Beach). 

IMG_7125.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2