DON JOHNSON AND NASH BRIDGES REVIVAL

Mr. Calderon

9 hours ago, MennoinSF said:

I said that about Kelley. Regardless if she is from a rich family or not, if she was a teacher or not: She tamed DJ pretty damn good, since they are married for over 20 years now. And DJ himself has praised his wife multiple times for being able to 'deal with him.'

She might be rich, a socialite, but she is not a Hollywood celebrity like DJ's previous women. DJ seems a lot more mellow now and it is nice to see how well he gets along with Melanie, his kids from previous relationships, his kids with Kelley: a real family man. He admitted himself that he was insecure during Vice and beyond, which caused him to display egotistical behavior as a front. 

Take into account he was nearly 50 when they married, she's not only wealthy (when has he had a relationship with a poor woman or a "nobody"?)and is a high status woman generally who has always moved in the right circles, but she's also 20 years younger  She's also had 3 kids to him, and as we know, he dotes on his kids. So I'd say she has had a firm hand on the reins  and has perhaps also turned a blind eye or two  during their marriage. He in his turn is 71 now so won't be such an attraction for the teenagers these days. Also I think it wasn't egocentricity due to insecurity during his MV  days but egocentricity full stop. He actually  has seemed  one of the least insecure  people I've ever seen/read about. What happened to him was a belated realisation that if he didn't get his act together, lose some weight, see a decent plastic surgeon and make moves to star in something  which would bring him back into the limelight his last chance for being famous again (which is what he  really wants, he described fame as the best drug!) will have disappeared over the horizon. Don't get me wrong, it gave me  no pleasure at all to see such an attractive man deteriorate  the way he did and take roles in such rubbishy films. I love to see him  so improved in his looks and with something that  will be hopefully  very popular in the near future coming up.

Edited by wolfie1996

There is definitely some truth in that Wolfie. Naturally the 80's were full of ego's obviously and DJ was the most famous and popular guy on the planet, totally out of the blue. 

Anyways, he seems very comfortable in his own skin the last 10 years or so and his work is more steady too, with some real great parts that shows his range as an actor: Cold in July, Watchmen, Django Unchained, Knives out to name a few. In fact he always was a good actor and pretty solid in all of his performances, no matter how bad sometimes the material. 

Glad he is getting more recognition these days, hope he will collect some prices in his final years also. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Nash Bridges reboot has been confirmed as a 2 hour movie/ backdoor pilot.  Regulars Don Johnson, Cheech Marin and Jeff Perry (Harvey Leek) will be returning with a few new stars added.  

Perry's Harvey Leek is described as an eccentric, paranoid, conspiracy-theory spouting former cop who has become an off-the-grid recluse.  I'm guessing that may be the major plotline to bring Nash and Joe back together,

I just hope they still have the 'Cuda!

On 4/19/2021 at 3:34 AM, MennoinSF said:

There is definitely some truth in that Wolfie. Naturally the 80's were full of ego's obviously and DJ was the most famous and popular guy on the planet, totally out of the blue. 

Anyways, he seems very comfortable in his own skin the last 10 years or so and his work is more steady too, with some real great parts that shows his range as an actor: Cold in July, Watchmen, Django Unchained, Knives out to name a few. In fact he always was a good actor and pretty solid in all of his performances, no matter how bad sometimes the material. 

Glad he is getting more recognition these days, hope he will collect some prices in his final years also. 

Just seen Cold in July and you're right, it was a really watchable  film with DJ stealing all the  scenes he was in. I enjoyed it!

• Like 1

I walked past the Pier 28 filming set; sadly they were just done filming. Wished there was a way to find out where filming takes place ahead of time. It seems like they go to the traditional places: fishermens warf, downtown, Chinatown, the piers near the bay bridge...

Pretty cool that DJ is at work close to home, would be even cooler to see him in action. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfie1996 said:

Wish he'd ditch that grey stubble though....it does nothing for him.

Well, now i think i can say ill have a don johnson haircut soon.

6 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Well, now i think i can say ill have a don johnson haircut soon.

Which? colour or style? Or both ?

4 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

Which? colour or style? Or both ?

Thinner, with baldish spots and greyish.

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ferrariman said:

I just hope they still have the 'Cuda!

Ain't no Nash without the 'Cuda! This instance of it has an elastomeric rear bumper as opposed to the chrome one in the original series, plus the white 3GQD685 license plate from season one, while from S2 the four cars they used had a black/yellow plates reading only GQD 685. Also, the new one has no Hemicuda badges on the shaker.

Just as a side note, the last 3 original 1971 Hemicuda ragtops that were auctioned sold between 2.3 and 3.5 million USD. So Nashman is a rich man.

r/sanfrancisco - Nash Bridges filming at California & Davis

r/sanfrancisco - Nash Bridges filming at California & Davis

IMCDb.org: 1970 Plymouth Barracuda (as 1971 Hemi 'Cuda) in "Nash Bridges,  1996-2001"

NASH BRIDGES: Tom's Visit to San Francisco, Full Size Image

Edited by daytona365

DJ needs a nice haircut and he should get rid of the beard because Nash was always clean-shaved. Sorry to say but Cheech doesn't look good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crockettt said:

DJ needs a nice haircut and he should get rid of the beard because Nash was always clean-shaved. Sorry to say but Cheech doesn't look good.

I like his hair long but it  needn't be grey and he should definitely get rid of the facial hair- it makes him look a lot older.

• Like 2

I don't care for the long hair (it looks scraggly in the second pic!) or the goatee, but not sure the facial hair makes him look older--he doesn't look 71 years old in the pic that shows his full face.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Crockettt said:

I agree.  The beard just reminds me too much of his look on "Keenan" :wuerg:   Cheech has seen better days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vicegirl85 said:

I don't care for the long hair (it looks scraggly in the second pic!) or the goatee, but not sure the facial hair makes him look older--he doesn't look 71 years old in the pic that shows his full face.

I think he'd look younger still  without it- still has good features but you can't see them under that lot!

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, Ferrariman said:

I agree.  The beard just reminds me too much of his look on "Keenan" :wuerg:   Cheech has seen better days.

I was thinking the same...

• Like 1