Sonny's Code

mjcmmv

depends of the corner cutting definition. i mean cutting corners is actually cops job. i saw many cases irl where cops have not a little evidence, and they get the job done by 'playing poker', and creating psycological shocks. this is how you bring back down to earth people who live on another planet (criminals)

i don't remember lot of moments where Crockett really goes bad, and does something really unlawful. Crockett was a good cop, and if it's castillo who says it, you can't argue with that :)

but on another level i remember sometimes members of the Vice squad had cut corners badly. i'm thinking of lend me an ear when they install microphones in an house ninja style. which would be totally illegal today. or Gina doing nothing less than protitution for solving a case. Gina does this at least 3 times in the series. when she kisses, or puts herself badly at risk with mobsters

concerning the Hackman gun debate, for me this was just an inspirational springboard. the kind, let's do this, and let's see how far we can navigate with this. but IMO a great cop like Crockett can't do such an error. doing so would mean he suddenly goes against everthing he is, and his soul. personnally this is unconceivable for me