Is DJ serious?

miamijimf

I’m not a “Don Johnson” fan, per se, but I’m definitely a Crockett fan. There is no MV without Crockett, and there’s no Crockett without DJ. I sincerely hope he would be apart of any kind of reboot. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I’m not a “Don Johnson” fan, per se, but I’m definitely a Crockett fan. There is no MV without Crockett, and there’s no Crockett without DJ. I sincerely hope he would be apart of any kind of reboot. 

Hope PMT, Michael, EJO, Saundra, Olivia and Martin Ferrero reprise their role and will appear as guest stars.

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 4

My bet...diesel sunk and Universal asked to dj if he wouldnt be interested.

Not only serious, but obvious.

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Like 1

DJ is serious. See elsewhere in the reboot topic: his wife mentioned on Instagram in a cryptic way that DJ will be involved in 'maybe' Miami Vice. Mind you: His wife also announced the Nash Bridges reboot, way before it was publicly announced.

DJ's facial expression during that interview spoke volumes. Something is brewing and DJ is in it. For now. Guarantees you have never, but he is interested and you can bet your bollocks, DJ is not in it just for the Crockett role: he is creatively involved. Which to me, makes it sound that there is actually a great thing that possibly might happen. 

I am less optimistic for a return of PMT, who hasn't done a thing in 15 years or any of the other cast members to be honest. A cameo/guest starring role at best.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If universal still thinks to reboot vice for future generations plans, its now or never. And without don it wont happen. Remember, now don can be a new castillo, in few years, don will be old enough to reboot the big thaw episode as that reggae star.

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, MennoinSF said:

DJ is serious. See elsewhere in the reboot topic: his wife mentioned on Instagram in a cryptic way that DJ will be involved in 'maybe' Miami Vice. Mind you: His wife also announced the Nash Bridges reboot, way before it was publicly announced.

DJ's facial expression during that interview spoke volumes. Something is brewing and DJ is in it. For now. Guarantees you have never, but he is interested and you can bet your bollocks, DJ is not in it just for the Crockett role: he is creatively involved. Which to me, makes it sound that there is actually a great thing that possibly might happen. 

I am less optimistic for a return of PMT, who hasn't done a thing in 15 years or any of the other cast members to be honest. A cameo/guest starring role at best.

yeah i think something serious is going on too. i wouldn't say the reboot is ongoing. but i think the match is close from the fuse . DJ looks really hyped in the interview

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Funny how things change.  I remember a time when DJ  didn't want to hear anyone mention Miami Vice. I guess at the time he was afraid of being typecast?   Don doesn't look bad for his age and PMT looks fantastic. I think they could still pull it off.  I just don't know how it would work if it's set in 2020.  and with today's music? ;(

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Synthwave Lou. Synthwave. It’s f’ing fantastic. Made for Miami (Vice.) 

check out some music I posted elsewhere. It’s still very current but it’s also a great homage to Hammer, John Carpenter etc. 

• Like 2

I think Jan Hammer should compose new score for MV reboot, because his music is the heart of Miami Vice.

Of course @Dadrian and @Jerry B. are great successor to Jan and these two guys can recapture Vice vibe if Jan would not be invited to compose new score.

Edited by Crockettt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, MennoinSF said:

Synthwave Lou. Synthwave. It’s f’ing fantastic. Made for Miami (Vice.) 

check out some music I posted elsewhere. It’s still very current but it’s also a great homage to Hammer, John Carpenter etc. 

Yes definitely, there's some great synthwave tracks and indie tracks which have the right "feel" for Miami Vice. I've heard a bunch of songs where I imagine it being used in a modern Miami Vice, and it works.

They can use that along with neon soaked/colourful Miami and set that sort of mood and along with great cinematics, it could be a great show. Of course it wont be Miami Vice of old, but it's not the 80s anymore, it's a new Miami Vice. The key is not trying to be something you're not, but being unique. 

-----

As for the interview, I think he is serious. There's something to it. When they asked if he would be interested in it, there was a huge grin of his face and stayed silent. I presume he's under some sort of NDA and isn't allowed to talk about it yet. I would be interested to know what his ideas are and if they're similar to ours. Because let's face it, he's a bit too old to be running and jumping around playing a cop now, Sonny would be more a mentor type now. 

I feel way more confident with him doing it than Vin Diesel doing it. I know Don wouldn't want to disappoint the fans or disgrace Miami Vice. Like he said back when they were making the movie: "I'm not sure what they're making, but it isn't Miami Vice". That's somebody who would make sure that this time it IS Miami Vice. 

• Like 8

If Crockett was the new lieutenant where would that leave Tubbs? and they others. As far as I am aware I think this division doesn't have senior captains like the LAPD/NYPD, just detectives between the ages of 25-50.

Tubbs will be missing at a point or another. imagine all the ladies out there, watching a series with no Tubbs. this is too cruel :)

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 1

Tubbs could be a PI, working with the team on a consulting basis. Police departments do that all the time. It would be easy to fit the others in, one way or another. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

Tubbs will be missing at a point or another. imagine all the ladies out there, watching a series with no Tubbs. this is too cruel :)

Maybe Tubbs could be in charge of his own OCB in Miami. I think another division was mentioned by Sonny to Jerry in Cuba Libre called "Metro Vice"

Both departments could team up :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

If Crockett was the new lieutenant where would that leave Tubbs? and they others. As far as I am aware I think this division doesn't have senior captains like the LAPD/NYPD, just detectives between the ages of 25-50.

Lets not forget to make a series for general audiences. Not for swat teams. If everyyhing has to be real, it will be so boring like the movie.

• Like 1

There are no better options than a scarab. 

I doubt PMT will be in. He has been on a retirement for what? 15 years? Or if I am cruel: since 1990. He might come in as a guest star like he did on Nash, but I don't expect to see him as a recurring character on the new show unfortunately. 

I am convinced they can still make it work, but we have to be open minded that it will never be the same as it was in the 80's. We will have different actors, life certainly has changed, especially in Miami, the drug world is a lot less glamorous: no more cocaine, but now opioids running the drug business....

Vice the original, was very much made for the 80's. This show will be made for today's world; which frankly is a lot less interesting for me. But that is a N=1 situation; the producers will try and make a show that is hip and happening for today's world. 

• Like 2

That interview just gives you a ray of hope! There’s enough talent out there to do it properly, especially if DJ is involved. In fact there’s enough talent and ideas on this site alone to do it justice!

Hope I’m looking as good as DJ when I’m that age. Hope the rest of the cast are too. Now, or never is correct.

• Like 6