Is DJ serious?

miamijimf

• Administrators
13 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

If Crockett was the new lieutenant where would that leave Tubbs? and they others. As far as I am aware I think this division doesn't have senior captains like the LAPD/NYPD, just detectives between the ages of 25-50.

Tubbs could be a PI in New York who gets brought back to Miami because of the case being personal to both he and Crockett?

• Like 7

It'll be a big challenge for them to get it right, as you can't recreate the magic and atmosphere, that the original had. But I think the key is to focus on good and interesting storytelling. And of course not to be a parody of itself, but somehow blend in with modern times while keeping the familiar formular. It's a balance. 

I imagined it/thought it could start off all black with a text, that says 35 years later... Maybe some flashback of significant scenes before that to show the newer audience what made the show special and create nostalgia to the fans. I liked the idea with a new Vice team working on a case, trying to bring down a drug lord, where it turns out that Tubbs' son is part of that family and the new head of the organization maybe, as was suggested, but he'll be a good person and Tubbs will try and save him out of it, when he finds out, he has a son. And naturally Crockett will be involved to help his partner. I've mentioned this before, but Crockett and his son could drive by a familiar Vice location, where he will reminisce and get flashback to a scene, that he and Tubbs experienced. But that's maybe too much nostalgia and I'll doubt it would happen. I like it though. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 3

Yesterday, i found out mv, the garbage movie, on amazon prime. Like a masochist i tried again to watch that crap. Unhopefully, alonzo was hit by a truck in the begining of this disease. I would be happy if the truck could hit farrel and fox. I just remember of ciaran hinds talking about fujima. After this i slept. Lol then you find out there are smart asses in the industry thinking that to be crockett and tubbs those two idiots need to make angry faces to be beliavable. Mann did a movie for swat teams, not for me.

I always saw Sonny as living reclusively in the Florida Keys or Bahamas on a boat after MV ended of course this is just based on how he was in Season 5 burnt out , reclusive at times, unhappy and disheartened with the corruption. Of course now he would be nearly 70.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

It'll be a big challenge for them to get it right, as you can't recreate the magic and atmosphere, that the original had. But I think the key is to focus on good and interesting storytelling. And of course not to be a parody of itself, but somehow blend in with modern times while keeping the familiar formular. It's a balance. 

I imagined it/thought it could start off all black with a text, that says 35 years later... Maybe some flashback of significant scenes before that to show the newer audience what made the show special and create nostalgia to the fans. I liked the idea with a new Vice team working on a case, trying to bring down a drug lord, where it turns out that Tubbs' son is part of that family and the new head of the organization maybe, as was suggested, but he'll be a good person and Tubbs will try and save him out of it, when he finds out, he has a son. And naturally Crockett will be involved to help his partner. I've mentioned this before, but Crockett and his son could drive by a familiar Vice location, where he will reminisce and get flashback to a scene, that he and Tubbs experienced. But that's maybe too much nostalgia and I'll doubt it would happen. I like it though. 

Good comments. I love the way you wove Tubbs and Crockett into the story without making it all about them. This story could work! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

I always saw Sonny as living reclusively in the Florida Keys or Bahamas on a boat after MV ended of course this is just based on how he was in Season 5 burnt out , reclusive at times, unhappy and disheartened with the corruption. Of course now he would be nearly 70.

My vision, too. Maybe he becomes a PI. With Caitlin's money, he doesn't have to work, but without the action, I think he'd be bored to tears. 

Come to think of it, why did he even have to steal the Tessterosa? He could have bought it outright! :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

My vision, too. Maybe he becomes a PI. With Caitlin's money, he doesn't have to work, but without the action, I think he'd be bored to tears. 

Come to think of it, why did he even have to steal the Tessterosa? He could have bought it outright! :)

Ha ha true - I think of this as Season 5 Crockett was very different to Season 1 Crockett - he had shut out the world.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Ha ha true - I think of this as Season 5 Crockett was very different to Season 1 Crockett - he had shut out the world.

I have a friend who retired and actually lives on a sailboat that could pass for the St. Vitus. He sails all over the Caribbean/Florida/Key West area and enjoys life to the fullest. Interestingly, he was involved in law enforcement back in the day, so I can't help but imagine how this could have been Sonny Crockett's 'fate'.

Fun to speculate what happened to Crockett and Tubbs. Keeps the characters alive in your mind! 

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

I have a friend who retired and actually lives on a sailboat that could pass for the St. Vitus. He sails all over the Caribbean/Florida/Key West area and enjoys life to the fullest. Interestingly, he was involved in law enforcement back in the day, so I can't help but imagine this could easily have been Sonny Crockett's 'fate'.

Fun to speculate what happened to Crockett and Tubbs. Keeps the characters alive in your mind! 

Tubbs I imagine back in NY - it was in his blood. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt5 said:

Absolutely! He was always pining for the cooler climate and gritty streets. 

5 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

Absolutely! He was always pining for the cooler climate and gritty streets. 

Yes he loved it. The core of civilisation in his own words.

11 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

LOL but I wonder if once he was back in the cold, dark, and gritty streets in November, December, January, February, March and April... if he wouldn't long for the tropical climate again... at least for a few weeks at a time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

Good comments. I love the way you wove Tubbs and Crockett into the story without making it all about them. This story could work! 

Thank you. It would kind of be the main plot with some other side storylines like Crockett helping out Billy with his work related dilemmas. And my personal favorite (what I'm mostly hoping for) we'll see Sonny and Gina dating again maybe they'll end up together. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, summer84 said:

And my personal favorite (what I'm mostly hoping for) we'll see Sonny and Gina dating again maybe they'll end up together. 

Maybe they could get Saundra Santiago to reprise her role. She's still on the stage, I believe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjcmmv said:

Maybe they could get Saundra Santiago to reprise her role. She's still on the stage, I believe. 

Yes she is active based in NY theatre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

LOL but I wonder if once he was back in the cold, dark, and gritty streets in November, December, January, February, March and April... if he wouldn't long for the tropical climate again... at least for a few weeks at a time.

Exactly - ha ha go and keep Sonny company down south in the late fall. Boy it gets cold in NY in the winter but Tubbs never mentioned that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt5 said:

Exactly - ha ha go and keep Sonny company down south in the late fall. Boy it gets cold in NY in the winter but Tubbs never mentioned that.

It get's hot in NY, too! Beastly hot! :hot:

Just now, mjcmmv said:

In the summer, the concrete in NYC bakes the pedestrians. 

That’s why I love NYC really hot summer, cooler fall, freezing cold winter, cool spring. It really does see all the Seasons.

• Like 1

Crockett has retired, and couldn't go on with all the things he did while he was working for mobsters. so he slowly became a druglord in Thailand. Tubbs has become gay, and runs a gays, and transgenders club. because of a difficult case, the Miami police chief asks Tubbs, to get linked again with Crockett, to get important infos. Tubbs accept to see again his old bro. after 3, or 4 episodes Tubbs discovers that Crockett is actually working as a mole for the US

next is up to you to invent

Edited by jpaul1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 1 month later...