NEW VIDEO! Sounds from Crockett’s Theme

Dadrian

1 hour ago, Voodoo Vice Dealer said:

The ''DIET COKE''?!?! You're the MAXIMUM COKE, Dadrian!!! You just put all types of sugar and even added a cherry on top of it :radio:

Man, this is AMAZING. Loved each single thing from your video, right from the intro till the small details such as the fonts from the series episode titles. I just entered to check the sound and finished watching the entire thing. Can't get enough :clap::thumbsup:

A pure JOY!

Wow!! Thanks so much for noticing and saying so. Yes, the small details like the Fortuna font and season 3 lighting/clothes were just as important to me as the instruments and sounds. Crockett’s Theme is one of the best songs I’ve ever heard, so I wanted to give this video all I could. There were many roadblocks along the way. It took about 2.5 years of working little-by-little to put it all together, but I finally got to the end! :) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

did you notice the lamp bulb behind. I need one of these

I did not, but it’s cool. I think the blue light is coming from the lamp on the floor to the right. 

I also really loved the creative aspect of it. You always make your videos really interesting/creative visually as well. Well done! I had wondered whether you got inspired by Jan Hammer's Miami Vice theme video for the part at the beginning. Made me think of that.

Edited by summer84

Its cool when you listen a song since 30 years ago and you listen it again one more time and when you do expect some wrong notes, there arent any.

Im getting deaf or the tontoms only came after the jan hammer special cd time ago.

The first part took me to the "payback" episode automatically...

Congrats!

3 hours ago, summer84 said:

I also really loved the creative aspect of it. You always make your videos really interesting/creative visually as well. Well done! I had wondered whether you got inspired by Jan Hammer's Miami Vice theme video for the part at the beginning. Made me think of that.

Thank you!

Yes, I wanted the video to be something anyone could enjoy (not just my synth-nerd friends), so I tried to give it the feel of being apart of the show—particularly season 3 when this version of the song was debuted. Only now with your observation have I realized that in that aspect, I kind of did what they did with the MV Theme video for seasons 1 and 2. Oops. Great minds! :) 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Its cool when you listen a song since 30 years ago and you listen it again one more time and when you do expect some wrong notes, there arent any.

Im getting deaf or the tontoms only came after the jan hammer special cd time ago.

The first part took me to the "payback" episode automatically...

Congrats!

Well received, My Friend. These kinds of comments make my hobby so much more rewarding. It’s one thing to do something for your own enjoyment, but when it resonates with someone else, it gives you something even better. Thank you. 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I think the song debuted on the s1 on calderons demise part1 on the caroline, billy, crockett lighthouse scene.

Yes that was the first time, but the version he released (the subject of my video) was debuted on “Stone’s War”. 

about the toms: they are more audible in some versions than others. You can hear them REALLY good in “Cuba Libre” when Crockett arrives at the camp with Vasquez. I actually used that cue as a reference for the toms. 

If you saw all the different sources I used to make the audio for that video, you would freak out. :) 

• Like 5

Dadrian, I think you have reached meta-level transcendence with this. It's beyond perfection and I'm almost getting auditive orgasms...
 :D:p:fireworks::hot:

Edited by daytona365
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, daytona365 said:

Dadrian, I think you have reached meta-level transcencence with this. It's beyond perfection and I'm almost getting auditive orgasms...
 :D:p:fireworks::o

:) :) :) 

If I am at said level, I wouldn’t be there without this comment. :D

Thanks very much. :fireworks:

• Like 1

i bought the light bulb tonight.. but it won't work ;( :)

just noticed you also own an Arturia CMI V, and you can emulate a Fairlight CMI with it. Dadrian i envy you so much pal. your instruments are massive

Edited by jpaul1

6 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

i bought the light bulb tonight.. but it won't work ;( :)

just noticed you also own an Arturia CMI V, and you can emulate a Fairlight CMI with it. Dadrian i envy you so much pal. your instruments are massive

Oh no! Keep trying on the bulb!

Thank you. It’s a really fun program! It was $99 and I paid $150 for the controller. Considering the IIx was around $75K in the early 80s, I think I did okay. :) 

• Like 2

finally sorted out why the lamp didn't work. actually these things don't work with older lamps. you need a recent lamp for this to work. but it's cool, relaxing. still didn't receive my MODX though. the seller wants my ending. i'm about to die of the wait. i've never been so exited in my whole life. even when i was waiting for Santa to bring me the Playmobil boat when i was a kid, i didn't get that exited. i want to jump all over the room, jump though the window and hug the postman, and tell her i love her :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TylerDurden389 said:

Thanks for posting this. The gold watch is a nice touch.

You’re welcome. It was a cheapie, but it got the point accross haha. 

Amazing work, as usual !

If there ever is a full version someday, it's gonna go right into my phone, along with all your covers that I listen to almost everyday

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MichaelAce said:

Amazing work, as usual !

If there ever is a full version someday, it's gonna go right into my phone, along with all your covers that I listen to almost everyday

Thank you! Since he released multiple versions of this song, I won't do a full cover of any of those. I only made that video as a reference for people in the synthesizer community who wonder where all the sounds came from. I do plan to do a cover of the version from "Hit List" when Sonny visits Caroline and Billy at the safe house. It will have the flute sound at the end (same Memorymoog flute as in "Flashback" and "French Twist").

8 hours ago, OCBman said:

Fantastic. 

Thanks!!

• Like 2

wow ... the show first aired in '86 in French TV. Was immediatly in love with this score and made with hurry a small loan to my parents to buy the CD.

Feel something like strange today that this tune is almost "de-mystified" ... 

great job dadrian ... very very impressive

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, mixomatos said:

wow ... the show first aired in '86 in French TV. Was immediatly in love with this score and made with hurry a small loan to my parents to buy the CD.

Feel something like strange today that this tune is almost "de-mystified" ... 

great job dadrian ... very very impressive

Thanks very much.

We had the MVII audio cassette, and I listened to it. A lot!  This was always my favorite track, and I’ve never gotten tired of it. 

Also, “Stone’s War” is my first memory of MV, so that heavily lends to the homage in my video. 

Dadrian I sent the Youtube link to your NEW VIDEO! Sounds from Crockett’s Theme to my old buddies and they were impressed that you are my friend.  One comment was "Cool. He has one of those keyboards that hangs on a guitar strap. Very Eighties."

• Thanks 1