NEW VIDEO! Sounds from Crockett’s Theme

Dadrian

Wow!  I have no idea how you dissected this music.  Great work!  I have a question that might've been asked before, but you could probably answer.  Did Jan write his music while watching the episodes?  Or did he just write the scores, and they were picked later when the episode was edited?  Great watch btw!

52 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Wow!  I have no idea how you dissected this music.  Great work!  I have a question that might've been asked before, but you could probably answer.  Did Jan write his music while watching the episodes?  Or did he just write the scores, and they were picked later when the episode was edited?  Great watch btw!

From what I read the video for each episode was sent to his studio and he added his music.  He may have used some already written musical scores instead of writing all the background music from scratch, not sure.  What is certain, his music always provides the proper background for the scene and some music was written just for Vice.  Dadrian, I'm sure, can answer this more authoritatively.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Thanks. It was a lot of fun. 

As for your question, this whole video is great, but see if you get your answer(s) around 2:45:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 12:11 AM, summer84 said:

That is awesome! Thank you very much for the video! :clap:

I agree so so good. Just great sounds.

Edited by Matt5

On 3/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, Dadrian said:

Thanks. It was a lot of fun. 

As for your question, this whole video is great, but see if you get your answer(s) around 2:45:

The best.

• Like 1

Am 8.3.2020 um 05:31 schrieb miamijimf:

From what I read the video for each episode was sent to his studio and he added his music.  He may have used some already written musical scores instead of writing all the background music from scratch, not sure.  What is certain, his music always provides the proper background for the scene and some music was written just for Vice.  Dadrian, I'm sure, can answer this more authoritatively.

The truth is that the Pop music was mostly selected already when Jan got tapes with the rough cuts. You can hear that in several episodes eg in No exit where Jan wrote a similar score in the teaser like Phil Collins‘ „I don’t care anymore“ at the end of that episode.

And I also remember that one of the cutters in season 1 or 2 said that they had rarely to cut or touch any of Jan‘s scores as they were already perfectly timed when he sent them over from his home studio.

that‘s logical because you need to see, feel and analyze scenes exactly before you can write score. for example if the real action starts at 1:10 Jan took notes and composed accordingly. You cannot compose into the blue. I can tell. I scored a movie once and worked the same way like JH.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...