What are you all doing with your recent downtime?

IA-SteveB

Will find out Monday what my job Will do here in NYC.

There's been talk of rotating staff or possibly working from home.

The Mayor wants to Shelter In, Gov doesn't.

working at home 10 - 12 hours a days, then go sleep with the chickens because the next day will be the same. doing a 10 km jogging every two days, because of my job i just can't cut it, or i'll become mad

done the essential shopping for 15 days

and this is pretty much all. and honestly i think i'm living the coolest days of my life. why? i don't know. but i feel great

here in France you can't go out unless it's essential. like food, or short fitness around your home, or dog run. but you need to sign, and wear an authorization before going out. so the police can see if you're abusing, or not

the world is strange, and great in the same time. so calm, so peaceful. people aren't stressed anymore. they stopped running. actually i never expected to witness such face of the world during my living. when i go out running i cross 2 cars max, there's no noise around. so cool, you know

regarding the covid, i'm not anxious. i mean generally i'm not anxious regarding the disease. what should happen, will happen, you know

hope you people are having a great day where you are

• Like 3

If I weren't tied down, I'd love to go down to Miami, find a place to hole up for a month, and just spend every day visiting and hunting for MV filming locations.  No traffic to deal with!

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 3

• Administrators

The wife and I took a drive today just to get out of the house and get a little fresh air. Driving around Toronto we were quite shocked to see how many people are still out and about and even more shocked to see how many stores have refused  to close.   Yet the numbers continue to climb at a ridiculous rate.   People just aren't getting it!   ?(

On a more positive note, I'm happy to see actors, musicians and sports stars donating a few million here and there. God knows they can afford it!  They should ALL be doing it!  How about it Tom Brady?  You just signed a $50 million dollar deal for throwing a football!  Makes me sick. NOBODY is worth that, I don't care what they do for a living!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

The wife and I took a drive today just to get out of the house and get a little fresh air. Driving around Toronto we were quite shocked to see how many people are still out and about and even more shocked to see how many stores have refused  to close.   Yet the numbers continue to climb at a ridiculous rate.   People just aren't getting it!   ?(

On a more positive note, I'm happy to see actors, musicians and sports stars donating a few million here and there. God knows they can afford it!  They should ALL be doing it!  How about it Tom Brady?  You just signed a $50 million dollar deal for throwing a football!  Makes me sick. NOBODY is worth that, I don't care what they do for a living!

Yeah, especially since he's not the same Tom Brady of 5-10 yrs ago.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Meth lab Crockett!!

No meth lab. It means staying alive. Ill explain to you some time...

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/20/2020 at 7:15 PM, summer84 said:

In S5 DJ wasn't around much and to me the actors didn't feel as enthusiastic about the acting. I know that (as often described here on the forum), they were supposed to be burned out. But I also felt that lack of enthusiasm/interest in S4. 

I thought you were gonna say, you slept through it. :)

I think the first episode of S5 was really great, if not the best of the season.

But yeah I'll try and give it a second chance. :thumbsup:

I slept through Victims of Circumstance last night actually. xD

At least I now have a cure of insomnia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, James said:

I slept through Victims of Circumstance last night actually. xD

At least I now have a cure of insomnia. 

At least the episode is good for something. Good to know, I could use a good night's sleep. :)

After watching "Missing Hours" the first time, when I woke up next day, I thought it was a bad dream, I've had, but then I opened the drawer, where there for some reason also was a jar of peanutbutter, looked at my DVD's and to my horror the episode was still there. xD (jk) 

Edited by summer84
  • Haha 1

I am now on work from home duty.  I am in health information systems so it really isn't going to be a big deal for me.  I can do most of what I need to remotely and I will have boots on the ground if needed with guidance provided by video chat.  My risk level was higher than most for COVID-19 so I am in the first wave of off-site workers.  I am not happy about it because I can't be available if everything goes to heck but I also want to be alive.  I will quite honestly feel guilty if some emergent IT situation materializes and I am not on-site to help.  Sigh.

• Like 4

My wife is a clinical director and I’m in the refrigeration business (hospitals, supermarkets, government entities), so both of our occupations are considered “essential” by the CDC in the fight against the virus. We will continue to serve until further notice. :thumbsup:

Wash your hands and watch Miami Vice. We will get through this! 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3

• Administrators

and here we were hoping you were sequestered in your music studio cranking out a few covers! ;)

All kidding aside,  you and your loved ones stay cautious and safe! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello all,

some of you might remember me from long ago - I missed you.

I was watching the news and when I heard about the situation in the USA I thought about giving my advice to those fellow vicers from there - and the others as well.

Coming from the country with the highest number of deaths worldwide, even more than in China, what I want to tell you is: please do not underestimate the situation, like we actually did at the beginning.

When Covid-19 started on February 21st we had a “lighter” lockdown but even though the WHO and EU praised what we did, it wasn’t enough.

The total lockdown from March 8th to April 3rd (might be extended to 15th) will probably be the key to success, but it’s still too early to say.

I now live in a ghost town and the eerie silence is interrupted only by the sirens of the ambulances.

I work from home and I go out only once a week, queuing up outside a supermarket sometimes also for one hour, until it’s my turn to enter to buy food.

We have received help directly from China, they sent over tons of equipment and many doctors.

We have set up field hospitals in the hospitals’ parking lots and fair pavilions.

Retired doctors have been recalled to help medical staff in their endless shifts.

The Army controls the city’s strategic points and Police patrol the streets: you get fined or even reported if you’re outside without a valid reason, i.e. to buy food or medicines.

After more than one month we’re still struggling: every day 5000+ people get infected and 700+ people die.

It’s not over yet, so stay safe and above all please STAY AT HOME.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Pandina - Great to hear from you again.  Sounds rough, sorry.  Things are a little better here in Florida.  NY, California and Washington State are the hot spots but the US is mainly shut down except for grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, and medical facilities.  Some cities have stay at home orders and curfews like Miami.   But we will all bounce back, I'm sure.

Please take care of yourself.  We can look forward to normal Vice Days again.  =) :flowers:

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

• Administrators

PANDINA!  So go to hear you're ok.  When Italy's numbers were on the rise I thought, do we have any members in Italy and you immediately came to mind.  I'm in Canada and we seem to have a pretty good handle on the situation but it's still bad.  Everything you said echoes the conditions everywhere.  Everyday feels like Sunday. Hardly anyone on the streets, highways are empty, stores closed, etc., etc.   Anyone coming back to Canada from other countries has to self- isolate at home for 14 days.  No shopping on the way home from the airport, no visiting friends. You have to go directly home and stay there!  We're not under total lock down yet but if people don't wise up we will be!  

Again, good to hear you're safe! Just remember, if you get bored you'll always have us!   :flowers::balloon::happy:

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Pandora. Welcome back. You’ve been missed. Stay safe and healthy. You can always “visit” with us anytime. We're totally safe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...