YOU COULD WIN THIS FROM ME!

COOPER&BURNETT

What kind of prizes would you like to see offered?

Can't speak for everybody, but I'd be thrilled to win ANY type of collectable from the show.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• cigarette

• Shill

• Administrators

I'd suggest a future announcement to the board if you choose to do this again. This way they can have a heads up on this. I'd bet some members didn't even know about this till it was already over.Just my 2 cents.Great contest!:clap:

I'd suggest a future announcement to the board if you choose to do this again. This way they can have a heads up on this. I'd bet some members didn't even know about this till it was already over.Just my 2 cents.Great contest!:clap:

I absolutely agree! I was going to ask you about that, but you already do so much here, I didn't want to give you MORE work!I'd love to have some special place for posting of future contests.Does anyone else want more contests, and prizes?

• Administrators

We can create a topic in the "off topic" section the next time and I'll sticky it at the top for a week or so till the contest is over?Yes, I'd say the first one was a GREAT success! The more the better, so long as you don't mind parting with the items.

We can create a topic in the "off topic" section the next time and I'll sticky it at the top for a week or so till the contest is over?Yes' date=' I'd say the first one was a GREAT success! The more the better, so long as you don't mind parting with the items.[/quote']Sticky it! Good idea!As for parting with items.....I do mind. But in the immortal words of CHARLIE GLIDE, "Some sacrifices are inevitable".I do it for the members here.

It is really lovely of you to think of us C&B and really lovely of you to part with some of your wonderful MV collection. It is greatly appreciated by all us .ws members

It is really lovely of you to think of us C&B and really lovely of you to part with some of your wonderful MV collection. It is greatly appreciated by all us .ws members

Your very welcome. I appreciate your time for posting feedback to me.What would you like to see in the next contest?Who knows....perhaps you'll win next time! :thumbsup:

I was way too slow, it was all over by the time I read about it (my loss). I will be ready for the next one though. A weeks notice is a great idea then we can all be ready

I was way too slow' date=' it was all over by the time I read about it (my loss). I will be ready for the next one though. A weeks notice is a great idea then we can all be ready[/quote']Sounds like a good idea.

What gave it away was:What gave it away was:From the clothes(pastel) and sonnys GLASSES (wayfarer type) i could see it was season 1 or 2.... then I could see from the photo that they stod on the scarab.... then I knew it would be season2 cause season1 has the Stinger. Then it was only to check out the episodes with boat scenes.... easy.... but to late. :cry:My offer is still here Neworder!

To C&BIf you have stuff that you are willing give away, lets do it like what they did on the german site with John Diehl's robe! See who wants to pay ... and donate a % to WS site or other....

Guest neworder
Congratulations' date=' neworder! You really found that quickly!Coop-that was a very nice prize for you to offer from your collection. Just to keep hope alive for the rest of us (and keep us from getting too jealous of neworder) it would be great to see more contests in the future.[/quote']lol indeed.Yeah more contests will be good (obviously coming from me :dance2: lol).Think I was quite lucky with that one cos I'd just watched Junk Love a few days prior to the contest.SJB

Originally, I thought the photoshoot shot I posted was just that, a photoshoot. I don't recall him wearing that combination in any episode (junk love didn't show it very well! :)).My original thinking was perhaps that jacket would be possibly be in another season 2 epidode somewhere, but didn't know where. I figured someone may run across it, and point it out, and win the prize. I wanted a good view of it, to possitively identify it.However, the photoshoot photo was a photoshoot from a scene that would eventually be from junk love. I still couldn't positively I.D. the jacket, other than it was absolutely from that photoshoot.It's not what I originally had envisioned, but what the hey, NEWORDER did, in fact find the scene the shot came from, and I did state that I wanted to see if someone could spot it in an episode. NEWORDER DID!Regardless if it was what I had actually originally envisioned or not, I'm the judge on my contests, and NEWORDER found it. Hands down, a WIN!I know many wished they had been on this site sooner to get in on this, I understand. But this could be a good thing in one regard.It has now created a buzz, and interest in future contests, and prizes ARE awarded, as we HAVE a winner!!Keep checking back on .WS. Miss a day, miss a lot.You all ROCK!! :thumbsup: -COOP

If you have stuff that you are willing give away' date=' lets do it like what they did on the german site with John Deals robe! Se who wants to pay ... and donate a % to WS site or other....[/quote']Interesting idea cigarette.The German site had an auction for charity.However, in this case, only those who have a lot of spending money can obtain stuff. That gives members like you and I a somewhat advantage over many.MY way, ANYONE, rich or poor has a shot at winning.I'd rather create a fun environment here, make a member happy by awarding prizes, and hope that at some point, someone can donate whatever they can to keep this site up, and growing. Even a little bit helps. Even $2 or $5 makes a BIG difference! Thanks cigarette for your suggestion, however, I'm not here to make money, just to make the members as happy as I can make them here. :thumbsup:Remember, we can all do our part if you come up with ideas for posts, or to donate, or even to create something new for this site!It's all up to us. This site is what YOU make it.

• 3 weeks later...

Our winner, NewOrder has now reported that he has recieved the CAST AND CREW hat prize. :clap:I'm thrilled he won it. White is the rarest hat color for the crew hats. Well done my friend! :clap:

Suggestions?? Well I for one wouldn´t mind your way cool Carrera sunglasses. But nahh won´t happen I know. And it shouldn´t. However I would be willing to pay for the pair you least want.

Our winner' date=' NewOrder has now reported that he has recieved the CAST AND CREW hat prize. [/quote']He is aware that we require a photo of him wearing the item?Not that I don't believe you, of course :gift: !

He is aware that we require a photo of him wearing the item?Not that I don't believe you' date=' of course :gift: ![/quote']Not sure if NewOrder wants to wear it. It's unworn. If he puts it in a display case, that would be cool. It should be protected. I'm hoping it's treated with respect, and saves it forever. He's a great member. As for me parting with more of my stuff....I dunno. I don't really feel like parting with a $300 + pair or rare sunglasses seen in the show....I have yet to decide what I'm going to do. I don't even know WHAT kind of contest I should do.

Not sure if New Order wants to wear it. It's unworn. If he puts it in a display case' date=' that would be cool. It should be protected. I'm hoping it's treated with respect, and saves it forever. He's a great member.[/quote']Is it white? Then it HAS to be protected! White things get dirty by the second you take them out of the closet.
I don't even know WHAT kind of contest I should do.
AN EASY ONE! ;)

Many have said my LAST one was too easy. :)If I do anther one, I'll give plenty of notice to everyone.White can get dirty very easily. I hope he treasures it, it was hard to part with.I got the three mint, white hats with the actual scripts from the show. I had originally planned to display all the hats together with the scripts in a display case by laying down the scripts flat, and a hat displayed directly behind the script on a hat display stand.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Guest neworder

Yo C&B thanks for your kind comments. I shall indeed cherish it, it is in mint condition. I'll take a picture of it when I get home from Uni and I'll get all my vice stuff together to make it a complete Vice picture of all my Vice stuff.SJB

Yo C&B thanks for your kind comments. I shall indeed cherish it' date=' it is in mint condition. I'll take a picture of it when I get home from Uni and I'll get all my vice stuff together to make it a complete Vice picture of all my Vice stuff.SJB[/quote']:clap::clap::thumbsup::fireworks::dance2:VERY cool!!That would be a major treat!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest neworder

Hi. Finally home so have taken a pic of all my vice stuff including the ace hat prize from C&B - thanks again for a great prize. Pic includes most of my vice stuff, excludes the soundtrack for the film because my mum has stolen it, and I also have another vice cd on order that won't come for another week or so ... so anyway, here's a pic with also a bit of my palm plant in the picture too!Eingefügtes Bild

WONDERFUL PHOTO!!!!!!:thumbsup::clap:VERY STYLISH!! :thumbsup:I see you put some thought into the shot. VERY nice collection. I'm glad you won the hat. A great member, and person such as yourself was absolutely worthy of owning it. It's rare, so honor it by taking care of it. It's amoung the hardest, if not the hardest to find crew hat. Don't part with it. :cheers: (Don't let mum borrow it either if she steals VICE soundtracks from you.:)) Thanks for posting the photo.(I may call upon you for another photo in the future for a "Winner's circle" section, when I start up the contests with further prizes.) Cheers! :cheers: