Hi from Florida

Jamy68

vor 5 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

Come on over, prices are down slightly due to the virus, and I've been known to play tour guide before. 

Unfortunately things are not that easy at this time. But I like to keep your offer in the back of my mind and if travel is allowed again at some point, I'll be happy to come back to it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Christine said:

I hate the cold in Germany. That's the reason why I dreamed for a long time to emigrate to Florida. But then I settled down in Hesse, about 200 km far away from my hometown, but I missed my children so much that I moved back last year. So, I'll have to cope with the cold in Germany, but maybe one day I will visit FLorida to have a look at all the things I want to see.

I wasn't planning to emigrate.  Then I met my husband and moved to him 5.5 years ago. Still miss some German things though like certain types of food. :D 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Christine said:

Unfortunately things are not that easy at this time. But I like to keep your offer in the back of my mind and if travel is allowed again at some point, I'll be happy to come back to it

I know what you mean. But some day this craziness has to be over. You're welcome to visit me.

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Jamy68:

I wasn't planning to emigrate.  Then I met my husband and moved to him 5.5 years ago. Still miss some German things though like certain types of food. :D 

Do you have children who still live in Germany?

1 hour ago, Christine said:

Do you have children who still live in Germany?

No but my parents though. Not easy as a single child but it's my life and I decided for my future, even when it was a tough decision. Emigrating in your mid 40s as a total routine loving person is an adventure. 

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Jamy68:

No but my parents though. Not easy as a single child but it's my life and I decided for my future, even when it was a tough decision. Emigrating in your mid 40s as a total routine loving person is an adventure. 

But if you've got only your parents living in Germany the decision might be easier as if there are children. While living in Hessen I missed my children very much. And I'm happy that I decided to return to Nümbrecht, because in July I becam a grandmother for the first time. But if I had money I could imagine living partly in Germany and partly  in Florida. My dream is to get famous as an author. My first novel was published in August 2019, the next manuscript is waiting for the proofreading. At this time I'm revising a thriller manuscript and I've decided to rewrite my fan fictions so that they fit to this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Christine said:

But if you've got only your parents living in Germany the decision might be easier as if there are children. While living in Hessen I missed my children very much. And I'm happy that I decided to return to Nümbrecht, because in July I becam a grandmother for the first time. But if I had money I could imagine living partly in Germany and partly  in Florida. My dream is to get famous as an author. My first novel was published in August 2019, the next manuscript is waiting for the proofreading. At this time I'm revising a thriller manuscript and I've decided to rewrite my fan fictions so that they fit to this.

Yes, I agree with the kids. 

Wow, I admire creative people. As for me I have so many ideas for fan fiction but every time I try to form them in words it sounds funny. Unfortunately I am a number person. I once tried to write fan fiction decades ago about a series Tour of Duty and it turned out terrible. In the end someone else wrote it and I delivered the ideas / info. So I had my own little story to read. And it wasbso much better than  me putting itbin words. I learned my lesson back then. 

I am very spoiled with my life here in Florida, only have a little job to help paying for my horse. Other than that we are retired military so it's time to enjoy life. 

• Like 1

I still have to work for my money and that for another ten years, except of I become famous as an author.:D

Edited by Christine
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Christine said:

I still have to work for my money and that for another ten years, except of I become famous as an author.:D

You never know. A few years ago I never ever thought I'd live like I live now. 

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Jamy68:

You never know. A few years ago I never ever thought I'd live like I live now. 

Life is always good for a surprise. That's the reason why it is so exciting.

• Like 2