New website layout is a downgrade

Tom

31 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I mentioned this on page 1/the quoted part. I have the option on my phone. 

Android or iOS? There might be some differences. I don't recall seeing that on mine, and I use iOS. Of course, it could be there. I don't use the phone to view the site unless I don't have a choice.

Just checked and I don’t have a view option like that on iOS. Unless it’s hidden, which is possible. 

Edited by Robbie C.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:30 PM, summer84 said:

I can't view the bell/notifications icon either in my phone version, but on my phone I have the option to switch to standard website then I can view it. As the format then displays, as you would see it on the computer. There are three dots on my phone in the top right corner, where I tap and can choose that option, scrolling down a bit. 

28 minutes ago, summer84 said:

I mentioned this on page 1/the quoted part. I have the option on my phone. 

I don’t see any 3 dots option in the top right corner on my phone?? All that’s there is the stupid new newspaper, a plus sign & the magnifying glass. :(

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

Android or iOS? There might be some differences. I don't recall seeing that on mine, and I use iOS. Of course, it could be there. I don't use the phone to view the site unless I don't have a choice.

Just checked and I don’t have a view option like that on iOS. Unless it’s hidden, which is possible. 

It seems there are some differences between devices/depending on which operating system you have. There are some guides on Google on how to view the standard website version on the IOS system.  

45 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I don’t see any 3 dots option in the top right corner on my phone?? All that’s there is the stupid new newspaper, a plus sign & the magnifying glass. :(

It's beyond this page itself. It should be displayed below, where the clock and battery icon is. Android and IOS have different ways to view it though. Otherwise if the option is not there, you could try looking up on Google how to view it based on which mobile version you have. 

Edited by summer84

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

It seems there are some differences between devices/depending on which operating system you have. There are some guides on Google on how to view the standard website version on the IOS system.  

It's beyond this page itself. It should be displayed below, where the clock and battery icon is. Android and IOS have different ways to view it though. Otherwise if the option is not there, you could try looking up on Google how to view it based on which mobile version you have. 

‘Beyond this page & clock and battery icon’...I don’t understand any of this?? ?( Sorry, I’m sure I sound ridiculous to a lot, but Im not a techie. This whole new page thing is VERY annoying and not user-friendly anymore. :evil: 

I only use my laptop.  Don't own and don't want a so-called Smart phone.  At first I was confused by the new site, but to me it really hasn't changed that much. I still have my bell for notifications and like the addition of statistics.  So really I can't complain about the technical updates.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I only use my laptop.  Don't own and don't want a so-called Smart phone.  At first I was confused by the new site, but to me it really hasn't changed that much. I still have my bell for notifications and like the addition of statistics.  So really I can't complain about the technical updates.  

Maybe just increase the mv logo a bit.

• Administrators

On the mobile platform, I can’t even see where I am logged in at or view my profile. I guess it takes the info from whatever you are logged in as on the website. Can’t see how to switch to the website like before either? 

On 2/1/2021 at 2:17 PM, timm525 said:

On the mobile platform, I can’t even see where I am logged in at or view my profile.

The same with me (iphone). In general the pink bar (leaderboard, location map and parts of activity and community) is almost gone on my mobile.

I usually use my laptop anyway so this doesn´t matter so much. But it´s strange.

3 hours ago, Glades said:

The same with me (iphone). In general the pink bar (leaderboard, location map and parts of activity and community) is almost gone on my mobile.

I usually use my laptop anyway so this doesn´t matter so much. But it´s strange.

I have the same issue but i change my brower to desktop  on my mobile to log in.

3 hours ago, plonl said:

I have the same issue but i change my brower to desktop  on my mobile to log in.

Welcome to the site!

• Administrators

Everyone seems to be missing the notification bell icon.  I'm using google chrome on my laptop and the bell is right there where it's always been.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Everyone seems to be missing the notification bell icon.  I'm using google chrome on my laptop and the bell is right there where it's always been.

The problem seems to be that a lot of us use our cell phones for the site...and sadly the notification bell seems to have been removed now with that format. :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't like the new layout, but one nice new feature is that quoted text is now partially hidden.  I used to get frustrated when people would quote a really long post with lots of pictures just to make a brief comment.

• Like 4

Yes, that is a good feature!

I had trouble adjusting to the new layout for awhile, but now I think it's working fine (I think James and the Admin team were able to make a few tweaks, too).  With any messageboard, the hosting system makes system updates from time to time and often it's to address bugs or things that weren't working well.  It's ultimately something (I think!) we have to accept and adjust to, and I appreciate the hard work of James, Timm, Ferrariman, etc., who actually have to implement the site updates.  Most of us (including myself) don't have the expertise to do that work, so I'm thankful someone else does :) 

• Like 1

Are you on a mobile version?  I'm at my laptop and am seeing the font color (A with a line underneath) and font size (Size) right next to the A.

Perhaps it looks different on a mobile version, or perhaps those things are now located in a different spot? 

5 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

Are you on a mobile version?  I'm at my laptop and am seeing the font color (A with a line underneath) and font size (Size) right next to the A.

Perhaps it looks different on a mobile version, or perhaps those things are now located in a different spot? 

The version on my iPhone (Safari) browser has all the negative issues listed here, but none of them are on any of my PC browsers (google chrome, internet explorer, etc.). 

I also have the issues only on my mobile (iphone). Most nasty one is that I cannot read PMs and notifications anymore. The PC/laptop version works normally. An issue on all versions is the edit button is on the top of the post, not at the bottom anymore which is impractical and illogical.

The only advantage of the upgrade is see is the compressed window when quoting someone. 

1 hour ago, vicegirl85 said:

No, I'm not on mobile, but I'm using Firefox.  I just tried Microsoft Edge and I see the full range of options with that.

23 minutes ago, airtommy said:

No, I'm not on mobile, but I'm using Firefox.  I just tried Microsoft Edge and I see the full range of options with that.

I use firefox as well and it still works for me change the font size and color in my posts

33 minutes ago, Glades said:

I use firefox as well and it still works for me change the font size and color in my posts

Than it's as I suspected - James wrote an entirely new website software program from scratch designed to discriminate against me.  Totally uncalled for!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

The version on my iPhone (Safari) browser has all the negative issues listed here, but none of them are on any of my PC browsers (google chrome, internet explorer, etc.). 

The trend now is to do different program versions...and I think it's a sign of the apocalypse...

• Haha 1