A Very Special Announcement

Dadrian

Nice vehicle, Dadrian. It sure beats my Toyota Rav 4 daily driver.  I can certainly appreciate the need for for more space and utility, although it is just me in the household.  There are times I will be at Home Depot just looking around ... I'll find something big that I want/need (mostly want), but then I remember I drove out there in the Honda S2000 and can't get it home.  I can barely get a set of golf clubs in the trunk, so if two of us want to go golfing either the other guy is driving or it is in the Rav on a nice summer day, which isn't ideal.

I luckily have access to a truck when I need it since my parents live in the same town.

• Thanks 1

Another very UNspecial announcement:

A terrible storm in the area produced a deluge that flooded my studio. Thank goodness only my floor and walls were damaged, but it certainly (and literally) put a damper on any progress with my covers and videos for awhile. 

I will keep you all posted...

• Sad 4

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

A terrible storm in the area produced a deluge that flooded my studio. Thank goodness only my floor and walls were damaged, but it certainly (and literally) put a damper on any progress with my covers and videos for awhile. 

You just can't catch a break, can you pal?

• Haha 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Sorry to hear that! All the best for cleaning and saving all the precious stuff! John Petersen lost all his tapes due to a fire!

Now I hear Izzy and his Iacocca saying in my head ("setbacks is a natural part of life which you´ve got to be very careful how to respond to.")...

• Haha 1

When it rains, it pours... Literally in this case anyway. The important thing is that Dadrian didn't lose his home. Hopefully the damage isn't astronomical and he'll be able to salvage anything that was affected. We love what he does as he is immensely talented, but I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say the main concern is for the man and his family. The music is a gift. But to most of us, Dadrian is a treasure. God bless you and yours Mr. Wilson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Party_car1 your too kind words are much appreciated, Sir. 

And thanks to all of you. Me, my family, and my gear are all safe and sound (pun intended). :thumbsup:

• Like 4

your too kind words are much appreciated, Sir. 

And thanks to all of you. Me, my family, and my gear are all safe and sound (pun intended). :thumbsup:

Dadrian, I'm sure I speak for all on here to say we're glad you're all OK! (Pun forgiven!  ;)  )

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Sorry to hear the bad news, but so glad you and your family are safe.

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2021 at 7:58 AM, IA-SteveB said:

Nice vehicle, Dadrian. It sure beats my Toyota Rav 4 daily driver.  I can certainly appreciate the need for for more space and utility, although it is just me in the household.  There are times I will be at Home Depot just looking around ... I'll find something big that I want/need (mostly want), but then I remember I drove out there in the Honda S2000 and can't get it home.  I can barely get a set of golf clubs in the trunk, so if two of us want to go golfing either the other guy is driving or it is in the Rav on a nice summer day, which isn't ideal.

I luckily have access to a truck when I need it since my parents live in the same town.

My wife has a two year old convertible VW Beetle and I have a 33 year old VW Westy van so it ticks all the boxes.  We trade when she goes to the plant nursery or for other large purchases.    We always take the convertible when we head down PCH to a restaurant or the like.  If we spend the day at the beach we use the Westy as a home base as it stores our boards and has a stove and icebox for a day of fun.  Sometimes she heads out in the convertible for just a morning session.  It’s a sight to see her board in the passenger seat of the convertible sticking several feet above the windshield. :)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, pahonu said:

My wife has a two year old convertible VW Beetle and I have a 33 year old VW Westy van so it ticks all the boxes.  We trade when she goes to the plant nursery or for other large purchases.    We always take the convertible when we head down PCH to a restaurant or the like.  If we spend the day at the beach we use the Westy as a home base as it stores our boards and has a stove and icebox for a day of fun.  Sometimes she heads out in the convertible for just a morning session.  It’s a sight to see her board in the passenger seat of the convertible sticking several feet above the windshield. :)

A guy I play tennis with has a 23 window VW van that he had totally restored and painted seafoam green/white.  It is so cool.  He looks kind of funny driving it because he is 6'5" and over 300 lbs.  Glad you have fun with your VW's since they are so neat.  

On 3/22/2021 at 11:49 PM, Dadrian said:

Well, I called Eddie Kaye, and he said he was fresh out of Stingers, so... :) 

We got a nice new Mercedes Benz GLS 550 AMG from Max Klizer. “Extremely powerful, perfectly balanced”. :cool::p

Eddie Kaye ALWAYS seems to be out of Stingers; I think he uses them for target practice in the desert. I take solace in the fact that there are Stinger vehicles in "Grand theft Auto: Vice City" & the Vice City Stories game, but it would nice if his inventory was a little more reliable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

A guy I play tennis with has a 23 window VW van that he had totally restored and painted seafoam green/white.  It is so cool.  He looks kind of funny driving it because he is 6'5" and over 300 lbs.  Glad you have fun with your VW's since they are so neat.  

I like that color combo.  The old splitties are beautiful but are surprisingly small.  I drove one once, and we opened the safari windows on it, which was so cool,  but it wasn’t a Samba like your tennis friend’s.  Those are $$$ now!  They are stunningly slow also, and that’s by comparison to my slug that tops out at 80 on a good day, maybe. :)  The later bay windows and my wedge model are also quite a bit larger... and good for me.  I’m 6-8 and over 300.  

I was picturing you and a golfing buddy heading to the links with one set of clubs in the trunk and the other in the passenger’s lap!  Not unlike my wife’s board sticking up.  :p

21 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I’m sorry, pal! I hope you can repair it soon and doesn’t set you back too much!

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2021 at 7:12 AM, wolfie1996 said:

Wish I could have given that two likes! Looks fantastic!! Automatic though? We've had a couple of Range Rovers (not  at the same time) which were excellent and were automatic, handy for pulling a trailer, but since then it's been all manual for me, never really got back into automatic mentality   after that. And what's with this pushbutton handbrake???? This new one we're getting is only the 718 2 litre though they do say the 2.5 is literally no  better. I said to my garage mechanic when he said ONLY the 2 litre, I thought about the 4.9 but decided LV (insurance) might pass out on the phone when I told them.............:) No supply problems for you then!  I love it!!

I've gotten kind of hooked on having the automatic shift on the column. But mine's a former police Charger so that's the only way they come. Still...there's just something about dropping the column shift into Drive that's cool.

And back on topic...glad you and yours are OK, Dadrian.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

I’m sorry, pal! I hope you can repair it soon and doesn’t set you back too much!

Flood insurance :thumbsup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robbie C. said:

've gotten kind of hooked on having the automatic shift on the column. But mine's a former police Charger so that's the only way they come. Still...there's just something about dropping the column shift into Drive that's cool.

I personally like that feeling of going up though the gears, always reminds me of Sonny driving  his Ferraris:) HOWEVER! all they had in atm were secondhand automatics, believe it or not..who drives automatic sports cars? They lack charisma. Well, lots of Porsche owners it seems   :( Hence the long wait for  new one. Can't even have a test drive until April. I said but will you even have a manual in to  try and he said ..we do have one...but it's a 4 litre... that'll do, I said :) Can't wait!

Edited by wolfie1996
typo

• 4 weeks later...

Someone is back in business! :D

It will take me a couple of days to get all my recording software back up and running on the new computer with the licenses and what-not, but things are definitely getting back “in whack”. :thumbsup:

66D8A077-6A14-46DF-A81A-994D8793C309.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

The church we attend asked me to help them purchase and set up a new drum kit. Upon completion, I was inspired to write a church song. I thought it would be appropriate for my congregation here, as well :) 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

As I’ve said many times, I watch one episode of Miami Vice (in running order) every night in bed before I go to sleep. 

Last week I upgraded from a small TV in the bedroom to a gigantic one. :) 

Now I’m seeing the Blu Ray definition with Sony professional studio monitor headphones, and having my best MV experience ever!

As the old heads might remember Joseph Mascolo announcing on the bumpers, “Miami Vice will continue”...

:cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

As I’ve said many times, I watch one episode of Miami Vice (in running order) every night in bed before I go to sleep. 

Last week I upgraded from a small TV in the bedroom to a gigantic one. :) 

Now I’m seeing the Blu Ray definition with Sony professional studio monitor headphones, and having my best MV experience ever!

As the old heads might remember Joseph Mascolo announcing on the bumpers, “Miami Vice will continue”...

What puzzles me is how you can go to sleep after all that excitement :)

• Haha 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

For those who don't know,  Joseph Mascolo was famous for playing the evil Stefano DiMera on "Days of Our Lives"

• Like 1