A Very Special Announcement

Dadrian

5 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

What puzzles me is how you can go to sleep after all that excitement :)

“I usually take the Ferrari”

(in my dreams) :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I needed something to cover an unsightly electrical panel in my studio. 

Special thanks to @AndrewRemington for helping me with this image for a custom canvas print. They got the image a bit off center, but for $29, I’m not complaining. :) 

B5BC8C53-7B00-4A48-AEF0-68352DBC50A8.jpeg

• Like 7

If you make music, you need to see this amazing new product! Obviously not spot on, but EXTREMELY good for $39!

This is a godsend for me because it’s close enough that I can use it to record and edit MIDI tracks (hours of work). Then I can use my actual Memorymoog+ for the moment I need to actually record the audio (minutes of work). This will GREATLY extend the life of my Memorymoog, and allow me the make MV music (hopefully) forever! :dance2:

• Like 5

On 7/9/2021 at 10:39 PM, Dadrian said:

I needed something to cover an unsightly electrical panel in my studio. 

Special thanks to @AndrewRemington for helping me with this image for a custom canvas print. They got the image a bit off center, but for $29, I’m not complaining. :) 

B5BC8C53-7B00-4A48-AEF0-68352DBC50A8.jpeg

Is that the same print Andrew asked me for better definition? if so I am pleased I contributed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Is that the same print Andrew asked me for better definition? if so I am pleased I contributed.

Possibly. I can’t remember how it actually all came about. Regardless, thanks for your help! :flowers:

12 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Possibly. I can’t remember how it actually all came about. Regardless, thanks for your help! :flowers:

I am not sure but he asked me for HD quality for the Jai-Alai picture, maybe it not the same situation?

I would be honoured if my small contribution was on your wall:)

• Like 1

Just now, RedDragon86 said:

I am not sure but he asked me for HD quality for the Jai-Alai picture, maybe it not the same situation?

I would be honoured if my small contribution was on your wall:)

Consider yourself honored, My Friend. 

It’s the first thing I see when I open the door to my studio. :fireworks:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 11:20 AM, Dadrian said:

If you make music, you need to see this amazing new product! Obviously not spot on, but EXTREMELY good for $39!

This is a godsend for me because it’s close enough that I can use it to record and edit MIDI tracks (hours of work). Then I can use my actual Memorymoog+ for the moment I need to actually record the audio (minutes of work). This will GREATLY extend the life of my Memorymoog, and allow me the make MV music (hopefully) forever! :dance2:

Amazing! That electric piano patch was used in MV, right? The vocal chorus one also sounds like it could have been used. I didn't know some of the patches were created by Jan! 

On 7/19/2021 at 6:58 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Yes, that is the one! :cool: Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

That electric piano patch was used in MV, right? The vocal chorus one also sounds like it could have been used.

Yes! The electric piano sound was the melody for “Tubbs and Valerie” and the main sound in the “Lombard” cues. The vocal chorus sound is in many season one and two cues (Buddies, Bought and Paid For, The Talk, Give a Little, etc.). 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

So my Memorymoog (main Miami Vice synthesizer) was acting up. I drove about an hour to take it to my synth tech. He had a very special piece of gear standing in the corner collecting dust, and asked me if I would take it. 

It’s the little things that make all the difference. :fireworks:

4F9F98BC-0C71-4B9C-89B0-B131B678E83B.jpeg

9B08E71E-9CD3-4539-949E-75C2B384E505.jpeg

042BC0CD-841A-47B8-B67A-15C085BB1855.jpeg

592FC5FD-A3B9-4EAC-82B3-412CA192DC09.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Many years ago I had to sell my Sundown guitar amp (like the one Jan Hammer used for Miami Vice). 

They are very hard to find, but I’m happy to announce I finally found another one today, and I bought it! :balloon:

B4BCA1D8-AA0D-421F-A8F8-B740B2FF1431.jpeg

C97C9567-0DE1-45AB-8224-A2E04970FA75.jpeg

• Like 8

On 4/3/2022 at 12:39 PM, Dadrian said:

Many years ago I had to sell my Sundown guitar amp (like the one Jan Hammer used for Miami Vice). 

They are very hard to find, but I’m happy to announce I finally found another one today, and I bought it! :balloon:

B4BCA1D8-AA0D-421F-A8F8-B740B2FF1431.jpeg

C97C9567-0DE1-45AB-8224-A2E04970FA75.jpeg

I’ve never even heard of that brand. It’s great you were able to get another one, though!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

I’ve never even heard of that brand. It’s great you were able to get another one, though!

The Sundown brand was a short run in the 80s, but a very cool story. Probably the most notable user was jazz/fusion guitar legend John Scofield. 

For further reading: https://www.premierguitar.com/amp/ask-amp-man-revisiting-the-dawn-of-the-sundown-artist-2651045097

• Like 1