Little things that bug you on the MV series

cybercop106

Guest The Talk

The bloopers that had been too obviously bugged me a lot.Somtimes I asked myself if they just didn't care for.One of them is the following:

Can anyone think of anything bloodier than those two?

Yep: "Victims of Circumstance"Eingefügtes BildWhen the victim slides down the wall you can't see any blood. Same with the one who sits on the bench an gets hit.When the police comes in you see lots of blood everywhere.Even in places where it just can't be. (The way the victim gets hit and where the blood is spread afterwards.)The victim who falls down from the bench lays on his face then. When the police comes in he lays on his back.The bench falls down together with the victim. Afterwards it's at its right place...Too obviously, too stupid. Maybe different takes, maybe on different days. But then they didn't do a good job in the cutting room.BTW:The "tiger" was a black panther.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• agent 47

• maynard

Guest neworder

Quite a bloody end for old Stanley Coster in The Lost MadonnaSee background in that image, plus a close up of it smearing across the wallEingefügtes BildGenerally Season 5 is the most bloody I think, but its random from Lost Madonna to Victims of circumstance and the blood there, now see Fruit of the Poison Tree, Sam Boyle shoots Jordon from below, surely bloody would have exploded out onto Boyle who was below him, nope Boyle gets up, clean shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

Trudy and Gina wearing their purses when running after criminals or shooting.In daily life it's not comfortable to have a little purse swinging on/off your shoulder, let alone during a shootout.

Trudy and Gina wearing their purses when running after criminals or shooting.In daily life it's not comfortable to have a little purse swinging on/off your shoulder' date=' let alone during a shootout.[/quote']But they looked so good doing it!!!...didn't they wear heels a lot also?

Little things that bug you

When we were on the "other" site' date=' we counted, and found that Crockett killed 126 people in five seasons of MIAMI VICE (including when he was Burnett, but NOT including his tour in Vietnam), and yet he wasn't given a desk job, or paid administrative leave....after killing 126 people!!![/quote']LOL! I never thought of that! And after he tried to kill Rico, he still got his job back!

Little things that bug you on MVNot only do we not see blood on shirts, we don't see wounds on skin either. Sonny got shot in "Bullet for Crockett", had major surgery, TWICE and when we see him bare-chested in Mirror Image he doesn't have a chest scar or anything that resembles a just-healed wound.

• Administrators

Blood was hit or miss on Vice. In the pilot when they jumped off the boat to arrest Calderone the following shootout was pretty graphic. I also remember a very realistic looking chest wound on the kid Sonny shot in "Child's Play"

LOL! I never thought of that! And after he tried to kill Rico' date=' he still got his job back![/quote'] Sonny killed people in the line of duty, why would he be punished? Except for maybe , Hackman. As Burnett, Sonny had amnesia. :sick:

But they looked so good doing it!!!...didn't they wear heels a lot also?

Yes, Trudy and Gina were actually able to run! (Me, I can't even walk in the shop, but that's another story ;))And what about Gina's makeup that NEVER smudges or melt in the Miami climate? This doesn't bug me... it makes me furious!

Makeup does tend to run when Gina cries. I seem to remember seeing that in WHEN IRISH EYES ARE CRYING, but your right, they look flawless, just like all the guys. Perfect hair on the guys too.

Another bloody scene in MV is in Whatever Works, when the cops shoot-up the dealers in the sportscar on the beachfront with "Sharp Dressed Man" playing.

Another bloody scene in MV is in Whatever Works' date=' when the cops shoot-up the dealers in the sportscar on the beachfront with "Sharp Dressed Man" playing.[/quote']They filmed that scene along AIA/Sunrise on Fort Lauderdale beach.I remember the press/media coverage at the time as I lived about ten minutes away from there.I thought it looked realistic as far as the way the F.L.P.D. officers (actors)handled themselves.

the boat driver on the pilot. Man...Tubbs stealing a boat is a thing. But see the stunt boat driver waiting for him there...and later...Tubbs is drving the boat alone is terrible.How do they can allow that?

• Administrators

the boat driver on the pilot. Man...Tubbs stealing a boat is a thing. But see the stunt boat driver waiting for him there...and later...Tubbs is drving the boat alone is terrible.How do they can allow that?

You mean this one from the glossary bloopers on Brother's Keeper?Click ---> hereEingefügtes Bild

• 2 weeks later...

Aggrivating things:That moronic line about how the neighborhood programs cleaned up a neighborhood in The Maze, what a load of nonsense, only one thing cleaned up the street: indictments.That little moron with the shotgun who falls for the girl in The Maze, it's like a sap bomb went off!All the football lingo in the pilot, spare me the nonsense please.That lousy line Gina made about the football lingo. (seriously, nadle doomsday?!)El Gato's clothing. (No, I cannot forget!)El Gato's minion's clothing.Season Five Episode: Miracle Man. ('nough said)"This Masquerade" at the end of Heart Of Darkness.Underused guest stars (cough* Gene Simmons *cough)

• 4 weeks later...

What the heck was that that he wore? Zebra jackets!?? Gotta be the worst dresser. He should have offed himself with his pistol when he had the chance.

I know his 'bling' was a Cougar XR-7 hood ornament...circa 70's LMAO the 1st time I saw that thing....

The thing that bugs me the most is Crockett and Tubbs undercover Id's constantly exposed. If these guys are so under, they wouldn't be the ones doing the arresting. Surely not in their cover clothes, and in the Ferrari. In the first couple episodes, Sonny is actually arrested in his cover id. Later on the show gets less realistic in that regard. I was just watching Theresa. Here you have CandT out front of the house in the Ferrari, about to make the bust. Why? You see that constantly. And how many crooks know who they are? And yet were asked to believe that Caitlin has to go under the name Burnett, because Sonny is so under. They also had Sonny answering the car phone under Burnett, and Crockett, not knowing who was on the other end of the line.

• Administrators

Yep, all minor tid bits that make the show a little less believable but then again you can have the two main stars in a show on camera for 5 out of 50 minutes! Wouldn't be much of a show and they wouldn't be the main stars then. Real life and TV are seldom the same.You have all valid points.

What has bugged me most is the decline in standard half way through Season 3. Seasons 1+2 were great. The first half of Season 3 was very good. Then it started going downhill. There were a few high points from then on, but generally, the standard wasn’t as good.This definitely bugs me the most. They seemed to change some of their producers which coincided with the decline. Its difficult to maintain a high standard for 5 years, but its still very disappointing. And I think Mann and Yerkovic and whoever else, should have done more to keep John Diehl. Although the story of Larry’s death was very memorable and a highlight, it was a low in terms of losing one of the core team. Stan’s character suffered a lot because of it. He wasn’t so entertaining to watch anymore. Larry’s departure also coincided with the decline in MV.There are a few other things that bug me also, some of which have been mentioned in this thread already, but to me it’s the decline in standard that’s worst.

I suppose what I wrote isn’t a “little thing†as such!OK…so some little things that bug me…The screenplay in Season 4 wasn’t so good, and it became worse in Season 5. No more Jan Hammer in Season 5 – it took me a few episodes to get used to the new look and feel of Season 5.The bizarre fashion in Season 5, especially Rico’s.Tubbs generally didn’t go out with very attractive women.Some of Sonny’s women were attractive, some not so – he ended up with some women you would not have thought he’d be with. The lack of Latina women, considering its Miami!The lack of Latino men, considering its Miami!!!Sonny + Rico in Seasons 1+2 were a lot cooler than Sonny + Rico in Seasons 4+5.In many good Hollywood movies, the bad guys have a lot of charm, charisma and generally a very strong presence. There were a few baddies in MV that had some of this, but especially in later episodes, the standard of bad guys dropped. They seemed clown-like rather than ruthless.Lack of Rob Cohen directed episodes later on.Dick Wolf’s vision of MV – I liked MV pre-Dick Wolf so much more.I know it’s a TV show, but to be very realistic, there needed to be lots of blood and bad language. But this doesn’t bug me so much – maybe they could have a special late-night episode where they wouldn’t have been restricted so much.Usually, when a new cop is introduced, they end up dying, or turn out to be corrupt. You kinda catch on and then it becomes a little predictable.

The thing that bugs me the most is Crockett and Tubbs undercover Id's constantly exposed. If these guys are so under' date=' they wouldn't be the ones doing the arresting. Surely not in their cover clothes, and in the Ferrari. In the first couple episodes, Sonny is actually arrested in his cover id. Later on the show gets less realistic in that regard. I was just watching Theresa. Here you have CandT out front of the house in the Ferrari, about to make the bust. Why? You see that constantly. And how many crooks know who they are? And yet were asked to believe that Caitlin has to go under the name Burnett, because Sonny is so under. They also had Sonny answering the car phone under Burnett, and Crockett, not knowing who was on the other end of the line.[/quote']Remember the scene in "By Hooker by Crook" where Crockett answers a call from Esteban Montoya (Ian McShane) at his desk in a busy police department! All it would have taken would be someone in the background to say something like "Hey so and so... you got that file on the so and so case?" for Crockett's cover to have been blown out of the water!