Location Trivia

miamijimf

N12 This one is a little different. Normally we use the Miami area locations, But since it was in Miami vice I will throw it in even though they went all the way to Hollywood Ca. for this location. This location gained it's fame in the movie Beverly Hills Cop but has the most importance to me because it's exterior was used as an establishing shot in a Miami Vice episode. Name the episode and scene where we see this.....

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miamijimf

• C Glide

• airtommy

• timm525

• Administrators

Eingefügtes BildThis case is unsolved. The house is in a first season episode. The key points are the shape of the pool and the fact that land can be seen just across the water from the house. Episode and scene please.

Is this Guzman's house when he is talking with Evan in Evan?

Try that again hopefully here is the picture......Eingefügtes Bild

N12 Here is a little more info to help solve this case. The orange canopy was not there when Vice filmed. Nor were the yellow post and gate. The business is currently closed so they put up several yellow post where the entrance drive was at the time of Vice (behind the car in my pic.).

Eingefügtes Bild

Is this Guzman's house when he is talking with Evan in Evan?

No but good guess. There are some similarities, land directly across the water etc. Guzman's house was at 1727 W 27th Street Sunset Island no.2 used in LMD and other episodes.

• Administrators

My first thought was the house from bought and paid for with the pool but you said season 1.???????????? :evil:

My first thought was the house from bought and paid for with the pool but you said season 1.???????????? :evil:

You're right Tim you got it. It is season two, General Arroyo's Villa on Arvida Parkway. Sorry bout that.

Try that again hopefully here is the picture......Eingefügtes Bild

It was a club from Yankee Dollar where Rogo calls Lydia.385 North La Cienega Blvd., Hollywood, CA

It was a club from Yankee Dollar where Rogo calls Lydia.385 North La Cienega Blvd.' date=' Hollywood, CA[/quote'] Yes that is correct. I thought that would be a tough case. Maybe you have been reading my location web site. I published Yankee Dollar last night. Good job Crockettt! Castillo will be happy. This location was set up as the exterior but Rogo as you know was inside Horatio's when he called Lydia who was in a second floor bathroom tub at the Ortega residence, 485 W. Matheson DR. Key Biscayne

N13On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most difficult to solve I rate this one a 2 (just my opinion) Name the episode and scene where you see this....Eingefügtes Bild

N14This one is a little different. I will start with a croped picture and as time goes by and the case is not solved I will show more and more of the whole picture. Name the episode and scene where we see this picture hanging on a wall in the background. I rate this a ten so Wow if you get it right away ,incredible vice fan. If no one answers correctly by tonight I will show more of the surroundings. Good Luck....Eingefügtes Bild

N13On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most difficult to solve I rate this one a 2 (just my opinion) Name the episode and scene where you see this....Eingefügtes Bild

I've got this one but I'll wait to give someone else a chance. Case N14, the wall picture of the Golden Gate Bridge, that's a totally different story.

• Administrators

Was this the one on Definitely Miami?

Was this the one on Definitely Miami?

No sorry' date=' I think maybe the balconies had ya tricked. Try again.[/color']

N14 continued, OK here we have the same photo but not croped as much so you see more of the scene. This is one location that has not changed at all (as far as I can see)since vice days. It is still a tough one, I now rate it as a 9....Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

I remember this building in the night scene (and shootout) in "The Rising Sun of Death" I believe it was also in the opening scene in "Score"

I remember this building in the night scene (and shootout) in "The Rising Sun of Death" I believe it was also in the opening scene in "Score"

I don't remember it in score ( I could be wrong on that) but there is a much later ep. where it also appeared. Anyone?

N14 continued. No takers yet so I will "expand" the picture. I now rate this a 5 on the difficulty scale.Eingefügtes Bild

Vote of Confidence. Sonny and the gang raid a rolling brothel on a train and find Tom Pearce. The lighted railing did it for me. The stairway is to the observation deck on the California Zephyr. Didn't know you visited the Gold Coast Railroad Museum. I think when Sonny is laughing he was standing at the foot of the stairs shown at point 21:Eingefügtes Bild

I don't remember it in score ( I could be wrong on that) but there is a much later ep. where it also appeared. Anyone?

Stone's war?

Vote of Confidence. Sonny and the gang raid a rolling brothel on a train and find Tom Pearce. The lighted railing did it for me. The stairway is to the observation deck on the California Zephyr. Didn't know you visited the Gold Coast Railroad Museum. I think when Sonny is laughing he was standing at the foot of the stairs shown at point 21:Eingefügtes Bild

Correct detective. I knew the stairs would give it away. I may do another croped picture in the same way in the near future. It seemed fun and it was a little change of pace.Of course I have been there. In my hallway I have a picture up of my wife and I on the presidential rail car that reagan used in his election campaign and where the famous picture was taken of Truman holding up the newspaper that read Dewey defeats Truman.

While N13 still has at least one correct answer remaining I thought I would post N15. I think it is about a 4 in difficulty. Please name the episode and scene where we see this. Eingefügtes BildPolly Wheeler's gallery in Mirror Image?