In praise of "Heart of Darkness"

Lar

For the second episode of the series, they really had things set, even at that early stage of the series. Castillo is missed, and the chemistry and general flow of the series is still being ironed out, but the plot, the acting, the music, it's just such a solid episode. I seem to love this one more and more each time I watch it.Ed O'Neill is seriously excellent, and anyone who says MV was 'light' in those earlier seasons needs to see the ending of this one; the first real downbeat shocker of the regular series.Anyone else love this one as much as I do?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crocketsgrl

• Lar

• MV86

• JonnyDaytona

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Yep she's cute. She looked like she was underage at that time even thou she was 22. :DEd O'Neill played a serious character. That is a far cry from the "Married With Children" "Al Bundy" character he's mostly known for.

I like "Heart Of Darkness".Ed O'Neil is great as Artie Rollins.:clap:The best scene of this episode is:Crockett & Tubbs in the Daytona and Going Under by Devo.:glossy:

I go back to this one a lot. O'Neill knocks it out of the park. An early look at Crockett's empathy for other law enforcement personnel who tread that thin line.The use of George Benson's "This Masquerade" at the end is devastating.

I agree, this was a great episode! Ed O'Neil is so good it's very hard to believe it was his first actual role on a TV series. I love how this early episodes demonstrates just how razor thin the line between being a cop and a criminal really is. I was taken with the devastating denouement when the character realizes he cannot return to his old life.

I go back to this one a lot. O'Neill knocks it out of the park. An early look at Crockett's empathy for other law enforcement personnel who tread that thin line.The use of George Benson's "This Masquerade" at the end is devastating.

VC I agree the ending with Crockett and the death of Artie to the song Masquerade is perfect. Crockett had been questioning himself throughout this episode and Tubbs even told him that too. Personally I liked Lou Rodreguez he was different than Castillo so added a different flavor. Ed O'Niel as all said did a bang up job as a lost agent, but he made sure he told C&T that he did it in the end, he protected them and was on the right side. The toll it took on his life was sad. I did like the beginning and not for the same resons as you shill and Jonny, but liked how when the bust went down that C&T held up their hands and were busted and went to jail, making their cover more......

Hey what happened to the pilot' date=' we skip over it?????[/quote']Sue hahaha you make me laugh. For some reason I found that really funny.

Hey what happened to the pilot' date=' we skip over it?????[/quote']No, this isn't part of an ongoing episode discussion, I was just trying to see how many hands were raised in favor of this being an amazing episode.On the lighter side of this episode, we get plenty of Elvis (the most ever?). Him breaking lose and later eating Sonny's records is hilarious, if a bit out of place in an otherwise deadly serious episode (not a complaint, just something I noticed). Elvis was phased out more and more as the series went on, but he's at his best here.

Hey what happened to the pilot' date=' we skip over it?????[/quote']I don't think we have 'officially' begun episode reviews on this site yet...

• Administrators

If only applegate could have joined Bundy in thatEingefügtes Bild

This kinda goes along with my Little Miss Dangerous thread doesn't it? :D:D:D

Ok another woman has been brought in and I'd like it on the record that Crockett in any show especially with wearing the Henley's that he fills his shirt out like Applegate to a POINT, if you get My dift,.....so it just isn't the guys topic anymore.....:D

Timm this is for the episode Heart of Darkness though we could have a free conversation in off topics. Is that even opened? Didn't check that out.And Christine looks like she is under arrest and I believe Shill did it that way for a reason. But I bet you Crockett is the arresting officer and she is having and arresting time. :D

now what episode was that one? I remember it though...lol.....Shill we need a picture.....oh I have one, ok this is a test to see if the pic come through all.

post-7-13892962843627_thumb.jpg